Fly In Ideas

Chaders

Well guys, I cannot connect to neither Teamspeak nor Squakwin, so I guess no online flying for me tonight. Darn.:angry:

VAE Support forum states that their servers are offline, and they are trying to fix it, so I guess NOONE is going to fly online tonight - Damn damn :(

Read it

HERE

The online server seems to be in order again.

I therefore suggest a new new fly-in this MONDAY - September 13´th at 9.00 PM CET.

AND this time, to promote the seabase, that is used waaay too little, everyone must come in sea planes - and use the water runway. if we can get Andras to make illuminated boyes this night. Ill ask him.

AND of course if Sebastiaan will allow it - as an event. I know he wont allow dark landings on water runway in general, but as an event, I hope he can be pursuaded, and I hope that he will be there and conduct the event with me.

Ill post when I know more.

Wouldn't you get a better turnout at flyins having them on the weekend? I can't make it Monday through Friday. :(

Im sorry Bruce. I cannot this weekend, and since its my invitation..... next time then - I look forward to flying with you. ^_^

Craig Hobson is our online manager, and he can help you out with that. He helped me! :D

Just mail him.

Cool thanks for the info, will drop him a mail soon :D

Thanks a lot Andras.

Water runway AND taxiway will be lit like a Christmas tree on Monday. We are ON! :)

They need it, its hard in day light to find :wacko:

You can count me in. I would almost say all events unless specified could be the users choice if he or she wants to fly in the day or night. The only persons who would really notice is themselves. We would on the other hand have to make it an "all lights on" event so people flying at night would see you in the sky. Just an idea for people that dont like to fly at night in your neck of the woods. Im always up for flying with people as I am home the majority of the week with a back injury and am on EST in the USA. Let me know at mtmike1981@yahoo.com or on skype mtmikepsl. Im on skype pretty much all day so its easier to get a hold of me there!

Guys

The buoys for tonights Seaplane fly-in have been made ready by Andras

I attach them here.

Andras said the following.

The files in the SCENERY dir obviously go into the Andras Field/scenery folder.

There is a single new effect, which goes into the main FSX dir/EFFECTS folder.

Please remember, that this files are only to be used for the night purpose, because the lights otherwise take up a lot of frames and resources.

No regular use pls.

See you there fellows.

:D

Buoysnight_rar.zip

I had a really enjoyable evening, thanks to all that were there. Only my 1st time multiplayer this evening with so many people in the circuit (big grin). I look forward to flying with you all again soon. Will post a few pics from this evenings flying tomorrow

Cheers

Matt

Good flying tonight with you all - 5 or 6 of us when I logged on. I must have put the effects file in the wrong place as I couldn't see the water runway - the taxiways worked a treat. After a very sweaty water landing in the dark (landing lights didn't help), I switched to runway 27 and 3 of us did some 'circuit -bashing'. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening and made some good landings too (Hard not to in the Islander).

Thanks to Andras for the lit buoys on the water and to the other pilots for making it so enjoyable :D .

Sim.

Yep - one great succes.

I was there, not long, as my wireless internet kept throwing me off, (I gotta get myself a new wireless router) but i was there. My presence was not needed at all, to secure an enjoyable fly-in for all. I counted 7 people besides myself, at one time. and procedure calls, radiochecks, and just friendly chatter flew from the mikes and speakers, as freely as the aircraft flew in the air. It was a joy to watch and listen to.

People were using both the main runyway (27) and the water runway at the same time. This gave an impression of a busy place, which seemed very cool. and that was a first in the online history in AF, far as I am aware.

Thank you all for participating and making this a fun experience.

And thanks Andras for the illuminated buoys. They made all the difference.

Now that Jane (Event Manager) is back from a long hospital stay, which is why I have been trying to keep a few online gatherings going, I will leave it to Jane to arrange the next event.

Yep - one great succes.

I was there, not long, as my wireless internet kept throwing me off, (I gotta get myself a new wireless router) but i was there. My presence was not needed at all, to secure an enjoyable fly-in for all. I counted 7 people besides myself, at one time. and procedure calls, radiochecks, and just friendly chatter flew from the mikes and speakers, as freely as the aircraft flew in the air. It was a joy to watch and listen to.

People were using both the main runyway (27) and the water runway at the same time. This gave an impression of a busy place, which seemed very cool. and that was a first in the online history in AF, far as I am aware.

Thank you all for participating and making this a fun experience.

And thanks Andras for the illuminated buoys. They made all the difference.

Now that Jane (Event Manager) is back from a long hospital stay, which is why I have been trying to keep a few online gatherings going, I will leave it to Jane to arrange the next event.

Yes the use of both runways at the same time did give an awesome atmosphere to Andras Field. Evewn with ops on 27 and 35 at the same time we didnt encounter any problems.

I had a good evening guys, first in my Catalina and later in my trusted Bushhawk amphib, hitting both runways and watching others do so as well.

The lit buoys worked great and gave me no noticable hits on performance.

Can they be incorporated in the next "normal" patch for Andras?

I had a good evening guys, first in my Catalina and later in my trusted Bushhawk amphib, hitting both runways and watching others do so as well.

Agreed I didnt notice any pref drops for the lights. Keeping them would make it a lot easier to find the runway in the day time.

Well, the problem is that in this small update file they are always on.

If you need the lit buoys to be permanent, I need to have have them duplicated, a set for day and another for night.

That might cause performance issues - although high-end system can handle that.

I will see what the penalty will be and try to make them permanent - if possible.

Andras

Well, the problem is that in this small update file they are always on.

If you need the lit buoys to be permanent, I need to have have them duplicated, a set for day and another for night.

That might cause performance issues - although high-end system can handle that.

I will see what the penalty will be and try to make them permanent - if possible.

Andras

Andras,

why would "always on" be an issue? I don't get the duplication thingy for day and night. Can you elaborate?

Regards,

Tobus