Scenery Library AES Basepack position

Hi Oliver

Since upgrading to ver 2.07 each time I open FSX I get a message asking me to ensure that the AES basepack has top priority in the FSX scenery library and it does it for me automatically. Will I always get this message and does AES always have to be a position 1 in the scenery library?

Thanks

PeterH

• Developer

You can only get the message, when you start AESHelp, not the FS. AESHelp will check that so that the AES BGLs are always above the sceneries it should support, otherwise the excludes don't work. That's why Pos 1 is allways above all.

But that's not new in 2.07

Oliver

Thanks for the answer - so AES Base pack must always be at Number 1 in the Scenery Library?

I never saw this message in ver 2.06 and earlier!! :wacko:

I've just used ver 2.07 with Aerosoft's German Airports Vol 3 (+MTX 5.3) - awesome.

I am writing a review on Dirk Stuck's Ground Traffic X and I found a slight interaction between AES and GTX which to me didn't detract from the experience, they can co-exist together.

Thanks again

Regards

PeterH