How fast are you?

Hiflyer

I just finished downloading Aerosoft VFR Germany West........ And boy was it...huge!

Almost 15 gigs to be exact, and the new update for Real Environment Extreme is estimated to be at least 11 gigs! These are big files, and it seems things are getting bigger. If you have a slow connection, you might just be SOL nowadays.

So just how fast are you?

Here is my speed: and if you click on the picture, you will be able to run a test on yourself and post that link: lets find out who's fastest and who needs to buy a new turtle! :lol:

877655458.png

20288059.png

Here is the current world map: http://www.speedtest.net/global.php#0

I'm the fastest downloader (yet). (Left optimal conditions, right those I reordered today)

775575369.png 877760075.png

14942293.png 20290537.png

We actually changed to our current ISP two years ago I believe. Originally we had a speed of 4Mb/s and we paid 36,00€/month for a while. Then the price was reduced to 35,90€/month and the speed increased to 5Mb/s. This year the ISP announced they would change to even faster connections and we got a 40Mb/s connections for 35,90€. It's actually quite astonishing an tenfold increase in speed in two years and still the same price. Unfortunately few pages allow to download with these speeds (including Aerosoft, where I can never get above 1MB/s and usually it's at about 750KB/s :mad:).

Haha, VERY nice! Yeah, our speed actually got upgraded with a price reduction a few months ago and most downloads have now been screaming fast! I just love fast internet...

Cheers,

James

This is what you get when you have a monopoly running things. Having said that the World Cup has brought a lot more bandwidth to South Africa so I expect this to double in the next month or so without any price increase.

877931369.png

Am I the slowest one here? Ugh the fastest I can download is 100.0Kb/s :ph34r:

Looking at the scant info available and seeing the fact that you are on cable, I might be checking my connections. Or calling the company to to it. Something may be loose!

I'm on Wi-fi and I'm also not the one who pays the bills :D

And the connection is about as constant as trying to water ski behind a row boat