AF and FSC8.6

James A

Hi,

After installing AF I ran a dBase scan in FSC. Attached is an immage of a few discrepancies I find.

1. The blue-gray box donates the apron (or should do) but it does not appear.

2. The red arrows I feel indicate incorectlly named taxi-ways and no holds are shown yet they are in the scenery.

3. Neither the ANF VOR nor the NDB appear.

These are nothing real major but, anyone have any ideas as to why 1 and 3 do not display in FSC?

post-12981-127894776046_thumb.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

3. Neither the ANF VOR nor the NDB appear.

The reason for this is, that FSC only reads airport data from FSX. VORs and NDBs are navaids and not part of the airpot data.

Data for the navaids are provided by Navigraph, and they will never ever support Andras Field, as Navigraph gets its database from a provider that supports only commercial customers (airlines etc.). For the same reason all these airport- and navdata will not be available in your FMC/FMS as long as it gets its data from Navigraph.

The only way to solve this would be to manually edit the navdata files, what could be done in most cases as they are plain txt-files, except FSC :(

Thanks Otto, thought that maywell be the case! Sucks, hense, it's a shame that FSNavigator went to the wall. It can pick them up (as far as I recall) and also fly a holding pattern. The dev's of FSC obviously think these additions are to much of a hassle for them to add to their programme.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The dev's of FSC obviously think these additions are to much of a hassle for them to add to their programme.

Don't blame the devs, they can only use what they get from their data provider. Here you can read the answers from various add-on devs about adding Andras Field manually.

Another problem is that there are many, many simmers out there who want to get close to reality as poosible and they feel no need for add-ons like Andras Field.