Airport Design Editor Conflict

dsweiner

Hello David,

If using AI Traffic programs that supply there own AFCADs for the scenery then these should be disable so as to allow the 3rd party sceneries afcad to be the priority AFCAD.

So you need to rename the extension on the MyTraffic AFCAD from BGL to BGX then it wont load.

Hello David,

If using AI Traffic programs that supply there own AFCADs for the scenery then these should be disable so as to allow the 3rd party sceneries afcad to be the priority AFCAD.

So you need to rename the extension on the MyTraffic AFCAD from BGL to BGX then it wont load.

Hi Shaun:

Will this disable My Traffic 2010 and make it invisible. If true I might as well remove it.

Thanks,

David

• Upvote 1

Shaun:

I'm attaching a picture of the scenery folders and their layout in FSX. As you will see My Traffic 2010 has a lower priority than my other scenery folders.

Thanks,

David

post-29962-127871115253_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi David,

With MyTraffic when you install an airport add-on you need to just disable MyTraffic's AFCAD to avoid conflicts. You do this the way Shaun stated above through file manager, its best practice to rename the extension to disable it in case you may need to restore it.

I don't use ADE but believe that with Airport Design Editor that you can do this the "Remove" function and this does not actually delete it and that you can restore it later. Please check with the help doc's for ADE to be sure of this otherwise do it through file manager you can see the path for the location in ADE.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Fortunately it's a lot easier to handle this kind of things without renaming or even deleting stuff. :excl:

As you posted yourself, the answer is the scenery library. The folder that's higher in the lib gets loaded by FSX. You can have 100 AFD files of 1 airport, it will only be loaded the one in the highest priority folder.

Now to ADE: The fact that ADE shows all AFD files for any given airport does not mean that both are active, it's just for you to see which files are available.

It's a bit unusual that an addon puts its files into the general FSX/Addon scenery folder, but as long as this is above MyTraffic the AFD file should be loaded just fine.