Water elevation at Andras Field

Fred

Hi

Nice scenery and love the whole idea about the place. Took a small spin around it today and I must report some water elevation problems.

Have a look at the pictures.

AndrasField1.jpg

AndrasField2.jpg

I have FSGlobal 2010 and VFR Germany 3 installed.

• Upvote 1

Hello Fred,

May want to disable FSGlobal first to see if the problem lies there.

So you say it is incompatible with FSGlobal 2010? Isn't this been tested?

Same problem here but using FSGenesis mesh, sounds like you need to include a custom mesh for the area if it is not compatible with the two most popular mesh addons for fsx.

***EDIT***

Disabled FSGenesis mesh, and set resolution to 5m as per the manual, and the water elevation issues remain, so this is certainly a problem with the scenery its self.

Disabled FSGenesis mesh, and set resolution to 5m as per the manual, and the water elevation issues remain, so this is certainly a problem with the scenery its self.

Hi,

The scenery has its own mesh.

If you set the mesh complexity at 100% and resolution at 5m, most probably there is a problem with your terrain.cfg file.

A lot of addons make entries there, so hard to find the actual culprit.

Perhaps Shaun can help you with a clean cfg to test if the problem is there.

Andras

I have FSGlobal 2010 and VFR Germany 3 installed.

Fred,

I've tested the scenery with FSGlobal. Should work fine.

Look at this comparison please:

On the left you can see that the shore on your screenshot looks like a wall.

On the right side (my shot) it is almost flat.

So it means some other addon modified your terrain.cfg file, hence you get the bumps in the water.

Andras

post-31031-127809181978_thumb.jpg

I'm actually running into the same issue. My addons for this area are UTX Europe, GEX Europe and VFR Germany 3. Nothing else "should" be changing this area, nor applies to this area.

I'm actually running into the same issue. My addons for this area are UTX Europe, GEX Europe and VFR Germany 3. Nothing else "should" be changing this area, nor applies to this area.

Ok, UTX Europe can cause this type of problems.

Just copy the file below into andras field\scenery folder:

Andras

ap_ut_excl.zip

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can confirm that UTXE is causing problems in this area (with or without Andras Field). Noticed that quite a while ago here. Best way IMHO ist to turn of UTXE when flying in this area.

Otto

Andras

Thanks, but has no effect here.

Andras

The file didn't have any effect in my setup.

The file didn't have any effect in my setup.

Fred,

Okay, in case the file doesn't help, there is nothing else left but modifying the terrain.cfg file.

Please try the modifications that Otto has pointed to in the previous message.

Andras

Fred,

Okay, in case the file doesn't help, there is nothing else left but modifying the terrain.cfg file.

Please try the modifications that Otto has pointed to in the previous message.

Andras

Hi Andras

But I have the setup in my terrain.cfg file as Thorsten mentioned in the german forum.

Does it mean I have to swith of all UTX Europe just to get this scenery OK then?

The attached file has no effect, and my terrain cfg is setup the same as otto shows. Turning off UTX isnt really an option, so I will disable Andras field instead. Chock it up to a mistaken purchase before reading the forums, oh well.

I will be patient, not asking for instant action or a refund ect. Just pointing out that I would rather turn off Andras for now than shut down UTX europe to fly around a single airport.

Just to let you know that it is not only FSGlobal. I am having terrain issues as well using FSGenesis mesh(FSGenesis, UTX Europe, GEX Europe, VFR Germany). I always had issues in this region. The UTX exclude you posted helped quite a bit in my case. Before I had a lot of steps within the water bodies. Now they are significantly reduced. Below a picture with some of the terrain anomalies that still persist. Resolution is set to 2m, but the steps are also there at 19m resolution.

Thanks a lot for looking into this!

Kind regards

Manuel

• Deputy Sheriffs

It sounds like the major culprit is UTXE, but I could be wrong.

You are correct! I had this (and some other) issues already before I installed Andras Field and that's the reason why I recommend to disable UTXE. This can easily be done through the UTXE Setup Tool under the menu option "Terrain/Quick Ultimate Terrain Enable/Disable"

I posted/reported it in the UTX-Forum, but no response so far.

Otto

Ok, I confirmed as well. As soon as I disabled UTXE, all worked as designed. Frustrating. I really would like to have both products running.

This is a quick way to solve these annoying problems with UTX and Andras Field:

Go into your FSX(path)\scenery\UtExcl\scenery\ folder

Find two files named:

HLU5015E.bgl

HPU5015E.bgl

Do not delete them, just rename those to anything else i.e. HLU5015E.bbb or something like that.

Problem seems to be solved.

Forget using the file I previously uploaded. It just partially solves problems.

Let me know if it works.

Andras

Let me know if it works.

Andras

Nearly - there is only a small problem zone to the weat fo the lake (see attached image). Lake itself is without steps now.

post-18784-127824552556_thumb.jpg

This is a quick way to solve these annoying problems with UTX and Andras Field:

Go into your FSX(path)\scenery\UtExcl\scenery\ folder

Find two files named:

HLU5015E.bgl

HPU5015E.bgl

Do not delete them, just rename those to anything else i.e. HLU5015E.bbb or something like that.

Problem seems to be solved.

Forget using the file I previously uploaded. It just partially solves problems.

Let me know if it works.

Andras

Thanks Andras

That did the trick, at least regarding the water problem. I'll do a survey around the area later on to see if there are some problems left to solve, but I don't think so.