Seaplane base taxiroutes

I suppose there will be buoys to show where the runway starts and ends. Otherwise we are going to have big problems with swimmers :(. We might want to put some warning signs on the shore as well.

Sebastiaan Jansen

• Aerosoft

I suppose there will be buoys to show where the runway starts and ends. Otherwise we are going to have big problems with swimmers :(. We might want to put some warning signs on the shore as well.

Sebastiaan Jansen

Yes, personally I think we could use a bit more buoys though. If other agree we'll order some more and have the barge put them where they belong.

Yes, personally I think we could use a bit more buoys though. If other agree we'll order some more and have the barge put them where they belong.

I agree. Every defined taxi/runway area should be clearly marked by buoys. Maybe different color buoys? The runway having white or orange; and taxiway having blue? Also have we considered making it lighted; and also maybe pilot controlled lighting for all the airport?

~Holton

• Upvote 1

I agree. Every defined taxi/runway area should be clearly marked by buoys. Maybe different color buoys? The runway having white or orange; and taxiway having blue? Also have we considered making it lighted; and also maybe pilot controlled lighting for all the airport?

~Holton

Agree about different colors buoys.

Not agree about lighted buoys, I don't think that night operations over water are permitted.

Agree about different colors buoys.

Not agree about lighted buoys, I don't think that night operations over water are permitted.

Night buoys is not an option. I can't allow night water landings, simply to dangerous and we need to think about the people living next to the lake, they wouldn't want to wake up in the middle of the night because of an airplane landing in the lake. This will get a lot of complaints.

Regards,

Sebastiaan Jansen

Seaplane Base Manager

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to get runway marker buoys that are strobed?, this would make them a lot more visable, also could we get a few more for the runway to define it a little more?

I like the idea of the pilot controled airport lighting, maybe use a NAV2 frequency like there is in the mega airport heathrow to open the hangar doors?

Zakk :)

Would it be possible to get runway marker buoys that are strobed?

We can't run electrical wiring through the lake and risk electrocuting swimmers, their estates would sue and take ownership of Andras Field. And since water landings are off limits after 9:00 PM, lights are a waste of money. If pilots are having trouble finding the water runway, maybe a VOR beacon could be installed. Do we also have inner and outer markers?

We can't run electrical wiring through the lake and risk electrocuting swimmers

Go Green - Solar Panels on the buoys to power a single strobe on each one?