Online flying, ATC at Andras Field

ManuelL

VATSIM etc is overwhelming for many newbies and others simply do not want this complexity.

JaneRachel

And what about the others, who would rather keep to the air traffic rules? Especially at airports around the aerea of Andras Field.

I am a newbie too. And i am flying in VATSIM and sometimes in IVAO.

And i can say that every tower controller will help you, if you want it.

The flightsimulation is more fun with the most real air traffic rules. Believe it.

And these are easy to learn, for a newbie too.

Regards

Heinz Flichtbeil

And what about the others, who would rather keep to the air traffic rules? Especially at airports around the aerea of Andras Field.

I am a newbie too. And i am flying in VATSIM and sometimes in IVAO.

And i can say that every tower controller will help you, if you want it.

The flightsimulation is more fun with the most real air traffic rules. Believe it.

And these are easy to learn, for a newbie too.

Regards

Heinz Flichtbeil

hey Heinz,

As mentioned earlier, I don't think anyone on the board or anywhere has an objection to flying in VATSIM or IVAO. I fly in VATSIM myself. What we do want to do though is make sure that we also have an FSX server as a priority for those who just want to fly with their friends without joining an organisation etc. We are trying very hard to cater for everyone.

all the best

JaneRachel

hey Heinz,

As mentioned earlier, I don't think anyone on the board or anywhere has an objection to flying in VATSIM or IVAO. I fly in VATSIM myself. What we do want to do though is make sure that we also have an FSX server as a priority for those who just want to fly with their friends without joining an organisation etc. We are trying very hard to cater for everyone.

all the best

JaneRachel

Hello JaneRachel,

i understand you. If really no one of the Andras Aviation Club will flying with VATSIM or IVAO, then it must be accepted. And then it is ok.

But perhaps we should find out once with a survey. Otherwise this discussion don't end...

Best Regards

Heinz Flichtbeil

I think all of the options can exist in parallel. If one flies with a native FSX-server he's simply non-existing for others who fly VATSIM or IVAO, so no critical interference. You will always meet the people from the network you are logged on to. All other people just seem to be "away from home". If you change your mind, you can simply log on to the network you want. This way Andras Field may exist several times in parallel (except from the real estate property).

I think a native FSX-server is good for those who want to keep it simple (and also don't want exhibit their RL name, as being mandatory in VATSIM). However, experience tells that it is sometimes difficult to keep the airspace clear of slobs on FSX servers. I think there could be strong demand for a moderator.

Those, who like it most realistic, can log on to one of the big networks. Actually, I'm nosy, what VATSIM controllers think of a pure virtual airport. Might be that the idea creates some concerns, as the general philosophy in VATSIM is 1:1 realism.

Cheers,

Peter

Hello Peter,

thats right, what you say.

Because of VATSIM (or IVAO): It wanted to discuss Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft). As far as i know.

Regards

Heinz

I just need a day more to sort this out. If we can't get a server of our own I'll see who can assist us. The offer from virtual-aviation.org certainly is attractive as the focus a bit less on the big aircraft.

I hope so too, as I share your sentiments about VATSIM/IVAO. I am VATSIM member myself, but hardly ever use it because I'm mostly a VFR guy.

I have gone and registered on VAE and hope to see/speak you all at Andras (which I will purchase tonight :) ).

Tobus

I hope so too, as I share your sentiments about VATSIM/IVAO. I am VATSIM member myself, but hardly ever use it because I'm mostly a VFR guy.

I have gone and registered on VAE and hope to see/speak you all at Andras (which I will purchase tonight smile.gif ).

Tobus

But you can fly in VATSIM "VFR" very well. I am a member of VATSIM and a member of the "FriesenFlieger (www.friesenflieger.eu). The FriesenFlieger VA is a big "VFR" Community. An we fly very often in VATSIM. The controller in VATSIM are very helpful and very friendly to the VFR Pilots...

And in reality, there are now once IFR and VFR, big Planes and small planes...

Regards

Heinz

Heinz,

I know you can, it's just that I haven't found a nice way of doing it, and admittedly been a long time since I tried.

Since I don't have a lot of time on my hands to figure things out and try-try-try, I usually just end up flying adventures or freeflights, or sometimes quick-&-easy online via the gamespy interface in FSX itself.

And yes, I know that sucks, but I can usually find a decent server to fly around on with some people.

Heinz,

I know you can, it's just that I haven't found a nice way of doing it, and admittedly been a long time since I tried.

Since I don't have a lot of time on my hands to figure things out and try-try-try, I usually just end up flying adventures or freeflights, or sometimes quick-&-easy online via the gamespy interface in FSX itself.

And yes, I know that sucks, but I can usually find a decent server to fly around on with some people.

Hello Tobus,

ok, i understand you. But i don't have any problem to fly VFR in VATSIM. It's easy.

I think: each has just a slightly different opinion and different experiences regarding the VFR Online Flight in VATSIM...

regards

Heinz

Ladies and Gentlemen

Online flying in Flight Simulation is subject to never ending discussions. It seems like every person has his or her own experience with this or that server possibility. They all wants others to benefit from their wisdom, and of course they all wants others to use the online possibility they like the most.

Nothing wrong with that. I like discussions, and I even change my mind here and there, and get wiser.:lol:

However.

I would very much like that all discussions on "why did we go with VAE, when IVAO is SO much better?" or "VATSIM would provide us with MUCH better possibilities, and I have bad experiences with this or that....." cease now. It will only confuse people who have NOT got a favorite, and are unsure of the whole online experience, and there are lots of simpilots who feel like that - I assure you.

We have reached a decision here, and the solution we chose, was, and is, VAE. We did this after one month of considering, because we wanted to make a good decision - And we are sure that we have made a good desicion.

This will in no way make IVAO or VATSIM fans roll over and be happy, but had we chosen one of those, then the fans of all the others would have been equally sure that we made a wrong decision. :angry:

Now what we need is to unite. To stand together on the VAE solution. Lets all of us be able to fly together, by signing up to VAE, and Teamspeak 2 (download link and info on VAE site) and lets make Andras Field an online scenery, as much as we have made it an offline scenery already. ^_^

Lets meet online in AF and park our planes side by side - or in each others hangers (by permission of course) and lets talk to each other via Teamspeak, and have fun. :D

This is my plea to you all. :rolleyes:

Thanks Ole, not only I continue to trust the decisions taken by the board, it does not prevent me nor others from keeping on flying with our favorite network, when not using Andras Field :)

Appreciate your efforts!

Thanks Ole, not only I continue to trust the decisions taken by the board, it does not prevent me nor others from keeping on flying with our favorite network, when not using Andras Field :)

Appreciate your efforts!

Ha ha . Of course not Moshe. Anyone can fly online everywhere, and even IN Andras Field with their favorite network. I could not prevent this, nor would I ever. What Im saying is that VAE is our official network, and this is what we use when flying together here. This is what we use when we arrange online events, Flight School lessons, and AA-Club meetings. And this is what we tell new people to sign up to.

Everything else is private business, and way out of my hands. :lol:

OK? ;)

and even IN Andras Field with their favorite network

Sorry but not following here.... is AF recognized in VATSIM / IVAO by now?

Thanks,

Moshe

Ha ha . Of course not Moshe. Anyone can fly online everywhere, and even IN Andras Field with their favorite network. I could not prevent this, nor would I ever. What Im saying is that VAE is our official network, and this is what we use when flying together here. This is what we use when we arrange online events, Flight School lessons, and AA-Club meetings. And this is what we tell new people to sign up to.

Everything else is private business, and way out of my hands. :lol:

OK? ;)

Well about the flight school lessons. Me and Craig already discussed that we wanted to do the flights in FSX standard multiplayer. It is easy as you can have a closed session, with a password, which we will send to the client. Also you can fly an aircraft together, which makes it easier to teach. Can we be an exception please? :unsure:

I'm sure there are some users of VATSIM and IVAO that have Andras Field on their computers by now. Even being fictitious, it has coordinates and shows up on the GPS. You may be under control of the nearest major airport in the early stages...

Thanks,

Moshe

Moshe

I havent got a clue to be honest. I was just trying to say that everyone can to whatever he chooses privately, but VAE is our official partner now.

Well about the flight school lessons. Me and Craig already discussed that we wanted to do the flights in FSX standard multiplayer. It is easy as you can have a closed session, with a password, which we will send to the client. Also you can fly an aircraft together, which makes it easier to teach. Can we be an exception please? :unsure:

Sebastiaan.

Lets discuss this with the board. When we reach an agreement, we will come out in public and tell. OK? :lol:

I downloaded the server client from the VAE site. It causes major scenery texture/FPS problems with my FSX installation. I determined that after booting FSX with/without the VAE server client.

Until VAE can fix the problems, I will not be doing any multiplayer flying with them. No way.

Pete

I downloaded the server client from the VAE site. It causes major scenery texture/FPS problems with my FSX installation. I determined that after booting FSX with/without the VAE server client.

Until VAE can fix the problems, I will not be doing any multiplayer flying with them. No way.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sorry about the problems you are experiencing with the VAE Pilot Client. This is wierd because none of our members have ever experienced problems with Textures/Frame Rates.

However we will try to fix this problem as it is most probably a small issue, Please request a live chat on the VAE website, post something in the VAE websites OR come on Teamspeak

Regards,

Ray

I agree with you 100%, this is probably the best way to start.

Regards.

Ernie.

I agree with you Ernie, I for one have not done any online flying, as far as I am concered I consider myself the aviation equal to what they call

a hacker in in the sport of golf. I do want to learn the rules but then I also want to fly, and learn the online flying stuff. Dedicated server for us would be great, and

if there are controllers to kind of teach us some basics even better. I kind of feel like and want to fly like one the pilots in Space Cowboys. @ Ernie been to Seattle

lately?

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Let's start with what we need.

- we need to see each other on the field.

- we need one tower frequency. Now this will not be manned all the time but I am sure we can arrange a few hours per week, the other time we can just self announce

- we need one frequency where people can let others know they are about to enter the Airpark taxi routes

- we need one frequency for the glider when they operate.

I am talking this evening to somebody who knows a lot about these online flying things and who will tell us what the best options are. If there are others here that got ideas, please share them. We did NOT organize this because it is one of these things that we feel the community might like to handle. The whole aspect of getting things started and managing it is very much part of the whole idea.

I'll ask Joachim to answer the glider stuff. You will love to fly the Discus from this field though!

Mathijs,

I dont know too many aviation FAR's in Europe but in America there are designated airspace on sectional charts for glider activity that one must avoid. This would be a must if we are going to have ATC at the field as

VAE's ATC director i am currently tryin to get people signed off as a local controller to provide towered services without a radar facility (so no TRACON facilities) now if we made an area over the lake where glider activities can occur an make restrictions for pilots to keep out of the glider area until a certain altitude it might work out. If you had such a thing set up glider activity will not need to be in contact with a controller just moniter a glider CTAF

Mathijs,

I dont know too many aviation FAR's in Europe but in America there are designated airspace on sectional charts for glider activity that one must avoid. This would be a must if we are going to have ATC at the field as

VAE's ATC director i am currently tryin to get people signed off as a local controller to provide towered services without a radar facility (so no TRACON facilities) now if we made an area over the lake where glider activities can occur an make restrictions for pilots to keep out of the glider area until a certain altitude it might work out. If you had such a thing set up glider activity will not need to be in contact with a controller just moniter a glider CTAF

Chris

Your AA-Club banner only shows up as a link. Don´t you want to have it show up as the banner?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I must say i really like this idea of virtual airfield and was all up for it, but i now when it was decided that its going to be on VAE i will not join this club. Im member of vatsim and ivao and i dont want any third program on me comp. to mess it even more. Same as im flying mostly jets (well ONLY jets) flying just around an airfield is not for me. Third as it is vae and not those networks ill be alone there and atcos from ivao or vatsim have no info about this airfield so no atc service. Real shame i must say

Jiri Sekerka

Hi all

I must say i really like this idea of virtual airfield and was all up for it, but i now when it was decided that its going to be on VAE i will not join this club. Im member of vatsim and ivao and i dont want any third program on me comp. to mess it even more. Same as im flying mostly jets (well ONLY jets) flying just around an airfield is not for me. Third as it is vae and not those networks ill be alone there and atcos from ivao or vatsim have no info about this airfield so no atc service. Real shame i must say

Jiri Sekerka

Jiri

This is your decision of course. We do not consider it a shame at all.

We are quite happy flying around the airfield, in our mostly GA, and using VAE as online provider. I have never flown online before, and it is just the same for a lot of people here, and I can hear people, feeling just like me, being quite relieved that we use VAE, as it is a small provider, and havent got so many rules and regulations as Vatsim and Ivao. We try to keep things as simple as possible.

If you only fly jets, I can understand why you have considerations, as this small airfield is mostly for GA.

So good luck with your Flight sim adventures.