Will there be a 24/7 online multiplayserver for Andras Field

BertAtHome

I do not understand quit how I can participate?

I understand it be a add-on scenery but how will individual properties show up in my FSX environment?

I suppose there will be a 24/7server which generates the scenery files so every participant is flying the samen environment?

Can anyone straighten this out for me?

Rgrds

Bert

• Aerosoft

I understand it be a add-on scenery but how will individual properties show up in my FSX environment?

I suppose there will be a 24/7server which generates the scenery files so every participant is flying the samen environment?

Rgrds

Bert

Ha Bert! The base idea is kept as simple as possible. Andras Field is a totally stand alone product.

Andras Airpark however is an integral part of the airport and as long as you are up to date with your files you will always see the airpark at it is at that moment. So the moment somebody buys a property we put a sign at the roadside with his name on it and build a new bgl file. You keep your files updated and you see exactly what the others are seeing. Very basic FSX, no special dll's etc.

Now there is of course a big online aspect to this. It would be major fun to see people taxi around, drive cars or boats (there are 'aircraft' that are cars or boats) or even walk around (there are a few human 'aircraft') and go visit your friends. For this we would need a online server. We decided however not to implement this fully because there is some antipathy between networks etc. We rather have one of the users start to organize this in the way the users want. We got ideas but we do not want to push them. I am pretty sure however this will all be working pretty soon.

But the whole process of getting this organized is part of the attraction in our minds. The first users will shape this airport and the community. The discussion between people who do not agree is part of the fun. Let me give you an example. In another topic we are discussing the taxi routing and many people suggest that extending the main taxiway to form a ring (and thus allowing one way taxi routing) solves the problem. True. BUT... that means roadworks and the closure of taxiways for a certain amount of time. We'll provide the barriers and bulldozers as scenery that shows up for a while but the airpark manager got to inform the owners and tell them they better keep their aircraft at the field for a few days. Some will forget and complain. Now that's fun in our opinion!

Rgrds

Bert

Not really.

It will be a scenery that you can buy and download on your own Computer.

This scenery will be "Work in Progres" for a very long time" (everlasting).

It is complete, but never ready, there will be Updates more or less frequently.

This Field will grow like the community.

What makes it to a challenge is, that a lot of things are not pointed out yet, better said, the challenge is to find rules that enables the whole community arround the world to co-exist there in peace and have fun.

And the best way to do this... is to be (simulate) there online.

Oke, I get it! Thanks for this explanation!

Really like the idea!

I'll for-see a great future for Andars Field..

ie.

• Fly-inns
  • Airshows
  • Soaring competitions
  • Red-Bull Airrace
  • Ballooning festival?

I will put Andras field to my wishlist and purchase it when I got the money. (real world <_< )

Thanx.