Opening hours

• Aerosoft

I copy some of the discussions that beta testers have posted.

In reference then to operating times, is this product then just targeted at those in Europe? Also are the times UTC? Its going to be hard for people like me on the otherside of the world to then perhaps think about purchasing this kind of product if i can maybe only fly in and out for a short time that i am able to due to the hour restrictions.

And that's actually a very good point. I like some input on this. Of course we would prefer to keep the airport on local time but that might not be the best way.

Of course we got to take the airpark owners in mind, they will not like it if 737's operate at 03:35.

Hi Mathijs,

can i susegtion that u can have time limit say no to heavy jet landing or departing from 11 at nite till 5 or 6 in morning, and keep the airport open to ga's this my thought's on the idea

col

Why not an Andras Field in separate time-zones with separate Boards of Directors? Say one Europe/Africa, one each for the Americas left and right sides, ditto Ozzie land...

That should also open up the opportunities for non-Europeans to have their chance at "directorship" and "home-ownership".

Just a thought - kick it around. You'd need dedicated time-zone MP sites, but nothing impossible to organise.

Why not an Andras Field in separate time-zones with separate Boards of Directors? Say one Europe/Africa, one each for the Americas left and right sides, ditto Ozzie land...

that´s what ran thru my brain in the same second as i read the Question.

2 Shifts, Dayshift/Nightshift, shifted 12 hours.

Similiar to TV Stations who share the same Channel: From Morning to late afternoon Network "A" sent Program for the Kids, the rest of the Time Network "B" send Programms for grown ups.

I guess that would be a plenty good solution.

• Aerosoft

That should also open up the opportunities for non-Europeans to have their chance at "directorship" and "home-ownership".

Just a thought - kick it around. You'd need dedicated time-zone MP sites, but nothing impossible to organise.

My first thoughts would be that this 'dilutes' the potential a bit. Perhaps we could start on local time and see how our friends at the far end of the pond react. Again I do not want to put too much of my (our) ideas into this right now.

I guess I am missing something here. If I buy this product and don't fly 'online' I will still see the lots and houses people own, as updates occur, right? So what is this about 'opening' and restrictions on aircraft? That is the part I am trying to figure out before I buy. Like the beta tester asked, since I live in the U.S., I want to be able to fly what I want when I want. Probably a stupid question but I just need a little clarification. Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

my idea on this is the following:

Yes to restrictions, certainly considering we have people living very close to the airport. For example, no heavy jets between 11 PM and 6 AM... (just an example, the board will have to decide on the times)

Of course, if you fly off-line, it's your choice whether or not to follow this rules, nobody can check that. and of course you can set time of day, so that should be no problem.

As for online events, I suggest trying and seeing what people think. We can come up with new ideas when we see problems. If there's no other way, maybe even doing the same event twice, with 12 hours of time between the 2 versions. Just some ideas...

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

I guess I am missing something here. If I buy this product and don't fly 'online' I will still see the lots and houses people own, as updates occur, right? So what is this about 'opening' and restrictions on aircraft? That is the part I am trying to figure out before I buy. Like the beta tester asked, since I live in the U.S., I want to be able to fly what I want when I want. Probably a stupid question but I just need a little clarification. Thanks in advance.

As Andras Filed is a scenery like any other scenery for FSX and if you don't fly "online", there is no reason why you shouldn't got there when ever you want (7x24 ;) ) like you can do it with every airport in FSX.

• 5 months later...

This thread has been quiet for a long time, but perhaps as a newly joined member I may make a comment.

Most of my flying nowadays is done in the CixVFR club. Our base is in the UK. We fly VFR in light aircraft. One of the rules is that all flights have to be on line (Vatsim). We have members all over the world. Two of the most active members are one in Japan and one in California. Both of them know more about VFR flying in the UK than most real world pilots. We do not restrict ourselves to the UK. We had an event in December which took place entirely in British Columbia, Canada and Washington State, USA..

One of the beauties of FS is that you can operate anywhere in the world, no matter where you are based.

New Year good wishes to all,.

John Crockatt