catalina with torpedo not working

jadan64

hello you all, I have a little problem I couldn't find in the forum yet. Whenever I want to start the Catalina with the torpedo I get the message: oh no, thats not the right aircraft! the exterior fine, but the cockit is all black...all the other variants are doing fine in FSX. Does this sound familiar to someone?

with regards,

Jan from Holland

Hi Jan,

sounds familiar to me. I have the same problem. Downloaded the update for the Catalina box version several times today and have tried uninstalling and renistalling the whole Catalina programme and the update doesn't work.

Shaun, any thoughts, please.

Thanks,

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the very late answer...

asc.zip

Please download and unzip the attached file and put it into:

C:\.....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mission\panel\

Answer yes to overwrite..

Finn

Hmm, had the same problem as Jan.

After a fresh Catalina installation (V1.11 download version) there are 16 models/liveries displayed in the aircraft menu. Two of them have a torpedo, but they appear to be identical (Navy 4).

The first torpedo model (6th in the list or A in screenshot, letters in capitals) works fine, but the second model (16th in the list or B in screenshot) comes up with the "oh no!" message and a black cockpit.

Model A is included in the "Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mil" folder and model B is in the "Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mil_Torp" folder.

I can only imagine that the second model is either a leftover from sorting things for release or was intended to be an AI model.

After deleting "Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mil_Torp", model A still works fine so far.

@Finn:

There is no "..\Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mission" folder on a fresh install, so I suspect the ASC.CFG would go into "Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mil_Torp\panel"...

Unfortunately, this file did not fix the problem with model B, but it is larger (4.10KB) than the original files (1.70KB) due to over 100 VAR entries.

Is it recommended to replace all original ASC.CFGs with this one?

Thanks,

Tom

post-11490-127845201631_thumb.jpg

Same thing here ... don´t have the "Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mission" folder.

Can someone clarify what to do as i´m getting the error here too.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the very late answer...

asc.zip

Please download and unzip the attached file and put it into:

C:\.....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mission\panel\

Answer yes to overwrite..

Finn

The folder Aerosoft_PBY-5A_Mission does not exist!

/Curt

Hello Gentlemen,

to fix the problem with missing textures (black VC) you have to copy the whole texture folder of Aerosoft_PBY-5_Mil into Aerosoft_PBY-5_Mil_Torp and everything is working fine except the funny message "oh no, that´s not the right aircraft", btw what does that mean? After I replaced the asc.cfg in Aerosoft_PBY-5_Mil_Torp/panel even that seemed to work!

Regards from ETHB

Thomas

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring this up again.

The torpedo issue on the 2nd plane is still open, but what about the new ASC.CFG?

Finn's file is larger (4.10KB) than the original files (1.70KB) and has over 100 additional VAR entries.

Does this file address more sounds?

And should all ASC.CFGs from other variants be replaced with this one?

Thank you for any reply.

Tom

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...