Read this first

• Aerosoft

Andras Field is our 2010 experimental project. We have those projects to explore new ideas and to see how we can include customers better into our projects.

Andras Field, the airport(s)

Andras Field consists of a fictional airport located in Southern Bavaria, close to the Swiss and Austrian border. It has a big runway suitable for medium passenger jets, an active glider section, a large helicopter area and a complete seaplane base. So no matter what you like to fly in FSX, Andras Field can handle it. The airport itself is highly detailed and has some rather advanced features (we also see this as a experimental playground for our scenery developers). The immediate surroundings have been included as well and there is a lot to explore. This product will sell for 18 Euro (plus VAT when applicable) and will be on sale on Wednesday June 30. (Subject to Change)

Andras Airpark

Andras Airpark is part of Andras Field and it consists of plots of land that can be bought (yes for real money) by sim-pilots. There is no need what so ever to do this, only when you like to have your own place, to show your house to all the other users it makes sense. You can either buy the plot and have us place one of the standard house/hangars or you can model your own place and send the files to us. In the next update (every week or 10 days) your place will be included for all to see. A sign with your name at the road side. Airparks are popular in the US because the are (fenced) communities of like minded people. All your neighbours are aircraft owners like you, many will use their aircraft for daily commuting. If it is raining you can get from your bed to your cockpit without getting wet as the hangar is part of the house, just like a garage. Again, though the airpark is part of the project and open to all customers, a plot for yourself there is not included in the product. It's optional.

User interaction and user involvement

Aerosoft only wants to provide the files and start the project. We hope the users will then start to take ownership of the project and start to manage it. There are many aspects we've left unfinished at this moment. For example we have all the charts and maps, but we have not drawn the SIDs, STARs, taxi-routes etc on them. That's something we feel the users can decide on amongst themselves. We will then update the maps. To co-ordinate this there will be a board of directors (consisting of Sales Director, Airport Director, Airpark Director, and Glider Association representative). These functions are open at this moment and a few days after release we will ask users to find people for these functions. So Andras Field is a project fully driven by the users.

More detailed explanations here. There is also an interview here that gives some additional information.

But feel free to ask for more information here!

Another great idea guys!

I would like to buy a place where we can sell the FScene products.

If that's not possible I would like te have a building with our logo

on it.

Oh yes, and a house for my family.

Started saving already icon_smile.gif

ruud faber

fscene.com

• Aerosoft

Another great idea guys!

I would like to buy a place where we can sell the FScene products.

If that's not possible I would like te have a building with our logo

on it.

Oh yes, and a house for my family.

Started saving already icon_smile.gif

ruud faber

fscene.com

Hey Ruud... we got a special section for our colleagues and friends. SimFlight, Limesim etc already are working on their own properties. Drop me a mail and I'll get you in contact with the people that can assist you. You can also use one of the billboards that are on the airport.

Hey Ruud... we got a special section for our colleagues and friends. SimFlight, Limesim etc already are working on their own properties. Drop me a mail and I'll get you in contact with the people that can assist you. You can also use one of the billboards that are on the airport.

will do

Hi Mathijs,

Where will the plots be sold - on the Aerosoft website? (I dont like Ebay) and how do I get the main pack i.e. do I buy my plot through AS and the download the air park or is there another system?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am ecstatic at the idea of owning my own virtual plot! :P:P:D:D:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Heres two for you and the team :beer3_s: :beer3_s:

:goodluck_s:

Cheers,

Craig Tatley

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs,

Where will the plots be sold - on the Aerosoft website? (I dont like Ebay) and how do I get the main pack i.e. do I buy my plot through AS and the download the air park or is there another system?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am ecstatic at the idea of owning my own virtual plot! :P :P :D :D :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Heres two for you and the team :beer3_s: :beer3_s:

:goodluck_s:

Cheers,

Craig Tatley

We are not fully decided on how the plots will be sold but for sure we'll not set the price but let the market decide on what it is worth.

But the product "Andras Field" will be for sale next Wednesday for 18.50 euro and is on it's own a totally standard scenery. Everything you see in the screenshots is included. So all the houses on the airparks that are build now are there.

Additionally, you can buy a plot and when a house is placed on the plot we'll update ALL users so they see your house. But use of the airpark is not at all needed to enjoy the scenery, besides, there is of course only a limited number of plots, 24 to start with. We got an option on another bit of land where airpark 2 might be build.

this sounds like an interesting idea...

it might be fun to have customizable avatar like "aircraft" such as the fsBOB by ftx, except textured so they look like people. kind of like the Sims :lol:

also, will there be a constant multiplayer server especially for those who own a place at the field? not just during the events, but for whenever anyone wants to hang out. another user stated this already, and it seems like a good idea to me.

• Aerosoft

this sounds like an interesting idea...

it might be fun to have customizable avatar like "aircraft" such as the fsBOB by ftx, except textured so they look like people. kind of like the Sims :lol:

also, will there be a constant multiplayer server especially for those who own a place at the field? not just during the events, but for whenever anyone wants to hang out. another user stated this already, and it seems like a good idea to me.

Note we do not want to build a 'second world' in fsx or something, we much rather see this as a airport management simulation. But yes why not? I know I am getting a Lotus Elise 3d file converted to an aircraft so I can make all your lives miserable. On the server read this: http://www.forum.aer...ndpost&p=235257

Btw, the runway is just long enough for the A300.

Btw, the runway is just long enough for the A300.

And this is necessary.

You allways have to keep in mind that John Travolta could pop in one day.

So you need Ramps also for the big ones :rolleyes:

Hello, Mathijs.

Will it be AES compatible, in future ?

Any custom traffic or air baloons on weekends ?

P.S. I sent you PM, couple of days ago, with some ideas, and sent files via support@aerosoft.com, marked for you.

But no responce :unsure: ... How may i contact you ? Personal e-mail adress or something...

• Aerosoft

Hello, Mathijs.

Will it be AES compatible, in future ?

Any custom traffic or air baloons on weekends ?

P.S. I sent you PM, couple of days ago, with some ideas, and sent files via support@aerosoft.com, marked for you.

But no responce :unsure: ... How may i contact you ? Personal e-mail adress or something...

Yes, I think we need to consider AES for sure. Problem is a bit that Oliver is very busy. But this is very much a project that will keep on being developed so we'll see. I like the balloon idea! We got enough room on the field next to the seaplane base. I'll have a look to see if we can make them take-off and be blown by the wind.

Oop missed your mails, handling it in the next 15 min.

• Aerosoft

And this is necessary.

You allways have to keep in mind that John Travolta could pop in one day.

So you need Ramps also for the big ones :rolleyes:

Oh we got ramps for the whole Airbus and Boeing family at the sames time. This is done because some VA's already told us they wanted to organize meetings there.

post-43-127781414529_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi,

the screenshots are looking very good, but i'm asking me if i can buy the basic version of the airport/park first and buy myself an house on it later:blush:

and is there the possibility that you can make an demo version of this scenrey so that i can be sure that the scenery is really that what i want??? (something like an version which is for free, but only working for a few minuits, like you've done it in an other scenery (I'm not sure which one it is at the moment^^))

thanks for you answer

regards

Emi

• Aerosoft

Hi,

the screenshots are looking very good, but i'm asking me if i can buy the basic version of the airport/park first and buy myself an house on it later:blush:

and is there the possibility that you can make an demo version of this scenrey so that i can be sure that the scenery is really that what i want??? (something like an version which is for free, but only working for a few minuits, like you've done it in an other scenery (I'm not sure which one it is at the moment^^))

thanks for you answer

regards

Emi

Making demo's of scenery can only be done with rather complex DRM dll's and that's something we simply do not like to do. We like things as simple as possible. Sorry about that.

And yes, the airpark is just a bit of scenery near the airport. Using a plot on the airpark is totally optional (and we feel that it gets a bit too much attention) and not linked in any way to the scenery. You buy the scenery, enjoy it and when you like you can consider buying a plot to have your own place. Or not!

• Upvote 1

Making demo's of scenery can only be done with rather complex DRM dll's and that's something we simply do not like to do. We like things as simple as possible. Sorry about that.

And yes, the airpark is just a bit of scenery near the airport. Using a plot on the airpark is totally optional (and we feel that it gets a bit too much attention) and not linked in any way to the scenery. You buy the scenery, enjoy it and when you like you can consider buying a plot to have your own place. Or not!

about the demo: :(, but if it's not possible... then i think i have to buy it if i want to test it^^ (fortunately 23 euro aren't the world:lol:)

So it is no problem if I buy the Scenery first and want to get an house later?

(example: I'll buy the Scenery this weekend (and i really want, but i'm not sure if my mother allowes me to do that XD), then i see that the scenery looks brilliant and i want to own an house on that. so i descide to buy me an house, then it's not going to make problems if i pruchase the house maybe 2 weeks later, is it? and if i do, would that change anything on the costs, i'd have to pay? so not 75 euro for the scenery with an aerosoft-build house, but 51 because i've bought the scenery already (and have paied the 23 euro for the basic version of cause)?)

regards

Emi

• Aerosoft

about the demo: :(, but if it's not possible... then i think i have to buy it if i want to test it^^ (fortunately 23 euro aren't the world:lol:)

So it is no problem if I buy the Scenery first and want to get an house later?

(example: I'll buy the Scenery this weekend (and i really want, but i'm not sure if my mother allowes me to do that XD), then i see that the scenery looks brilliant and i want to own an house on that. so i descide to buy me an house, then it's not going to make problems if i pruchase the house maybe 2 weeks later, is it? and if i do, would that change anything on the costs, i'd have to pay? so not 75 euro for the scenery with an aerosoft-build house, but 51 because i've bought the scenery already (and have paied the 23 euro for the basic version of cause)?)

regards

Emi

No problem what so ever. The scenery is full standalone and if we say so more then worth the money.

When you later like the idea to have a house there you bid on a plot and we'll put the house on it for you (this building work is free)

• 7 months later...