Tronheim Crash

Chris.s

Hi guys i bought the trondheim x scenary last night and eager to test iv done a couple of flights in and around the airport the problem is during approach either when intercepting the ils or on short finals FSX locks up and i have to ctrl-alt-delete out the game i have tried diferent aircraft and different settings and this still happens i dont get any issues with any other scenary yet this has happened 6-7 times now with default and addon aircraft is this a known issue if so is there a fix on the way as i really want to base my new air hauler opperations here but cannot as i cant land at this airport without FSX crashing any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

No i dont use any traffic addon and i did not have Air hauler running at the time just running a couple touch and goes on a secondary note iv just tried in the CLS 747 and as soon as a turned to line up with the runway FSX hanged again so far i have tried lvld 767 = crash pmdg md11 = crash cls 747 = crash default 737 managed one touch and go on second approach = crash i also get the impression its when fsx loads the scenary as it always happens as the airport comes into view also on the last crash i got an exception from .net so iv updated .net but the hang still occurs i have tried the fixes on avsim regarding the cfg changes but this airport still crashes fsx.

As a trouble shooting exercise iv tried nice and lisbon approaches to check its not a fsx issue and these still work fine so i cant help thinking its an issue with this scenary. iv found a post regarding the bgl files that renaming some could solve this issue but after searching enva.bgl there are lots and i really dont wanna break anything else im now out of ideas.

also if its worth noting my system is as follows

i7920 @ 3.33 ghz

12Gb ddr3 1600 mhz ram

Ati Radeon 4870 x2

Windows 7 64 bit ultimate

so i dont think its lack of power and as i said fsx runs flawlessly everywhere else its just trondheim i get this hang :(

Chris

Hi ok iv just tried the suggested flight at midnight in the orbit default 737 this time i did not get aligned to the runway simply looking out of my left window for orientation (which brought the airport into view) caused the hang so i restarted fsx and tried the same touch and go again at midnight in the default A321 which worked perfectly until the second attempt where i hung aproximatly 200-300 feet from the runway and i had to Ctrl-alt- delete out :(

Anyone any ideas on this i have reinstalled the scenary today with the same results, is it a isolated issue? or is there a problem with this airport?, i have never experianced problems with aerosofts products before hence why i have never needed to use these forums but i have always bought boxed versions and i will continue to do that i think as my first downloaded product seams to be broken and from the lack of response i get the feeling im alone in this issue :(

Thanks for all the assistance :rolleyes:

Chris

Anyone any ideas on this i have reinstalled the scenary today with the same results, is it a isolated issue? or is there a problem with this airport?, i have never experianced problems with aerosofts products before hence why i have never needed to use these forums but i have always bought boxed versions and i will continue to do that i think as my first downloaded product seams to be broken and from the lack of response i get the feeling im alone in this issue sad.gif

Thanks for all the assistance rolleyes.gif

Chris

Hi!

You are not alone. I reported the same issue in this forum in may, but there seems to be no solution to this problem yet. FSX complains about missning textures (with that option on) when loading an aircraft at or close to this airport.

/Bjorn

Hi Shaun and Chris!

Since i installed Win7 (64) on my computer, it's been impossible to load this airport at all. The loading screen always freeze at precise 80 % - "loading auto-generated objects". I discovered that if i disable/remove the file " ENVA_Buildings.BGL from the VaernesX_D folder, everything works just fine (altough it looks a little bit weird). Perhaps Chris could try that to, at least we'll se if our problem is originating from the same source?

/Bjorn