Who are these people?

newmanix

Marketing my friend.

Flightstore is still offering pre-orders for Aerosoft Paris, which was canceled a while back:

http://www.flightstore.co.uk/vfr-paris-for-fsx-fs2004.asp/simulation/scenery

They have a release date that can easily be changed if there is a delay, but this way they have your money. ;)

Wow, which is why I do not preorder. I am just wondering who is selling my information.... I didn't care for their email.

Wow, which is why I do not preorder. I am just wondering who is selling my information.... I didn't care for their email.

And this is just another good example and reason why people shouldn't get pissed off at the wrong people and company on

these forums. They need to do their research prior to purchase. There are alot of companie's out there that will charge your

card and hold the money and you'll will wait for months and you will see vaporware. I myself have learned to buy direct from

the manufacturer like Aerosoft and some others that do follow respectable business practices and won't charge your card

unless it actually ships.

Just my 2 cents biggrin.gif

And this is just another good example and reason why people shouldn't get pissed off at the wrong people and company on

these forums. They need to do their research prior to purchase. There are alot of companie's out there that will charge your

card and hold the money and you'll will wait for months and you will see vaporware. I myself have learned to buy direct from

the manufacturer like Aerosoft and some others that do follow respectable business practices and won't charge your card

unless it actually ships.

Just my 2 cents biggrin.gif

With all due respect, I have dealt with Simware on a few occasions and they are top notch. They will not charge your card until the product is delivered opposed to charge and hold your money like others have implied... I usually deal with them for all the Sims I have a hard time getting anywhere else. (the stupid stuff like tow truck simulator LOL) Also, living in the States I usually have a confirmation email from them within 24 hours and the product is across the pond in 72-96 hours...

So let's not go bashing another company without all the facts...

And please don't take this as an ad or anything like that, Aerosoft is usually my first choice but if there is something i can't get here I don't hesitate to go to Simware and am always confident doing so.

With all due respect, I have dealt with Simware on a few occasions and they are top notch. They will not charge your card until the product is delivered opposed to charge and hold your money like others have implied..

I have to agree. I have been in the store in Brussels a couple of times and also ordered via mail. No complaints, accurate support and good service. They've been around for a while now and it wouldn't be fair to portray them as not trustworthy..... They do what they say and say what they do.

Makes no difference, I would never do business with any company that chooses spamming as a marketting strategy. Also, I'm pretty sure here in Canada the VISA agreements requires shipment before completing the transaction. However pre-authorization without settlement is the normal for pre-releases.

With all due respect, I have dealt with Simware on a few occasions and they are top notch. They will not charge your card until the product is delivered opposed to charge and hold your money like others have implied... I usually deal with them for all the Sims I have a hard time getting anywhere else. (the stupid stuff like tow truck simulator LOL) Also, living in the States I usually have a confirmation email from them within 24 hours and the product is across the pond in 72-96 hours...

So let's not go bashing another company without all the facts...

And please don't take this as an ad or anything like that, Aerosoft is usually my first choice but if there is something i can't get here I don't hesitate to go to Simware and am always confident doing so.

I didn't state Simware in my reply it was a general comment, I was just making a point business practices some compainies use. There have been some that have bashed Aerosoft on here because they have been charged by another company for an Aerosoft product that wasn't released yet and they bitched and bitched about the product and were not focusing on the company involved that charged them.

Hello Folks,

My belief is that the majority of companies wont charge your card till the product ships.

Some devs however have asked for funds upfront to fund the developement of certain projects that I know of, but these are not normally associated with large shops.

• Aerosoft

Hello Folks,

My belief is that the majority of companies wont charge your card till the product ships.

Some devs however have asked for funds upfront to fund the development of certain projects that I know of, but these are not normally associated with large shops.

Hold on there Shaun...

We most certainly are willing to provide developers with pre-payments as long as we know the developers and trust them. Most of the developers we work with are friends. And we are sure the largest company in this niche of FS addons. This has nothing do do with the way the product is sold, our customers do no buy from the developer but from Aerosoft, they get support from us. If there is a problem it is our problem, not the problem of the customer or the developer.

Now if a shop would charge your credit card if they are not able to ship the product in 24 hours it would mean I personally would never deal with them again. Call me silly or old-fashioned but I believe you should sell what do do not have. I know other people think different about that and that some customers do not seem to care. Aerosoft however takes your order (we are happy for that) but until the product is being send out to you we will not charge your credit card. Until that moment we don't even know if the card exists and even when we take your money we do not get to see your card details. We just need a bank to check it and to get the money.

If you ever have doubt about anything like this, do not place the order but send a email to the company asking for more info, if they are not able to answer you, well you know enough right? Try us at support@aerosoft.com.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

They are preselling Aerosoft Orly... Really? I didn't know it was possible... Mathijs?

http://www.simw.com/...etails&pid=2396

On the question of your email address. No idea, we most certainly do not share them in any way. Why not simply ask them? They obviously send you an email so it seems reasonable to ask where they got it.

Simware is one of the our partners, we like them, they sell our products, and I am sure they will be able to answer your questions. They run a pretty tight ship.

• Upvote 1