FMC

Pltskiracer

Are there any good add-on FMC's that works with this aircraft. I am just talking about the FMC, not the ND. An FMC that will couple to the HSI.

Hi Christian

At this time this is not possible, in SP2 you will be able to use vasFMC for instance to send heading inputs to the autopilot console. You would then have to fly in HDG mode off course and the HSI wil not be linked to the heading commands, distance to waypoint input nor off track distance.

Kind regards,

Björn

Thanks for the feedback Bjorn. Is there a reason there is no support for an fmc/gps to be slaved to the HSI and flown in NAV/LNAV mode? INS is just not practical in todays environment with complicated sid's and stars requiring RNP 5.

Regards,

Christian.

Thanks for the feedback Bjorn. Is there a reason there is no support for an fmc/gps to be slaved to the HSI and flown in NAV/LNAV mode? INS is just not practical in todays environment with complicated sid's and stars requiring RNP 5.

Christian,

The main reason is that we don't use any part of the default FSX autopilot because it doesn't work properly. So we never really look at what the FSX autopilot says and use our own variables etc... Based on the questions we had on this and the simcheck forum we decided to make the link however and check the settings in the HDG varable used by FSX natively.

You'd be amazed that there are still quite a few of these INS only aircraft flying around also in Europe, I agree however that situational awareness and programing SID's etc... is a lot more difficult with this type of basic navigation instrument.

Björn

• 1 month later...

Hi Christian

At this time this is not possible, in SP2 you will be able to use vasFMC for instance to send heading inputs to the autopilot console. You would then have to fly in HDG mode off course and the HSI wil not be linked to the heading commands, distance to waypoint input nor off track distance.

Kind regards,

Björn

Well i think it would be posible as i have upgraded to use fmc whit a new digital HSI. Just have to changes interface to fmc insted of INS just need the skill to do a rebuild. so think it is posible.

Mabee a clue would help as i have been looking in the gaug and pannel files to find the ends in it and so far it looks like it should but becaus of the not standart vaulvs it would work. but where to changes that as if i could changes it to the vaulves used in the add-on then it might work mabee im tryeing to find out this stuff as i have not been working on it ever. I have a picture of how it looks now.

Mabee a clue would help as i have been looking in the gaug and pannel files to find the ends in it and so far it looks like it should but becaus of the not standart vaulvs it would work. but where to changes that as if i could changes it to the vaulves used in the add-on then it might work mabee im tryeing to find out this stuff as i have not been working on it ever. I have a picture of how it looks now.

Hi KAPTEJNLN,

In the current version of the panel there is no solution to the issue, it will be possible after SP2.

Björn

Hi KAPTEJNLN,

In the current version of the panel there is no solution to the issue, it will be possible after SP2.

Björn

Thanks for the feedback Bjorn

best regards Lars

• 5 months later...

I can stil not get it working whit sp2.

Hi,

What has changed in SP2 is that any external software that sets the FS autopilot heading can be used with the panel in HDG mode.

I do not know which software is capable of doing that but the stand alone version of vasFMC works fine with the panel now.

Björn

Oh sorry forgot to say i was working whit isgsim (ISG). and yes when you activate hdg in the vc of the airbus and use the hold on the (MCU) it controls the plane by automatic rotate the hdg selector like in default plane. but when i use Lnav insted it dosent control any more.

and about vasFMC it seems like a nice program but dosent work whit 64 bit version of win 7 as i could see on there forum as there is only 32 bit version online. also it is a program that runs seperatly which slows the pc.

Oh sorry forgot to say i was working whit isgsim (ISG). and yes when you activate hdg in the vc of the airbus and use the hold on the (MCU) it controls the plane by automatic rotate the hdg selector like in default plane. but when i use Lnav insted it dosent control any more.

and about vasFMC it seems like a nice program but dosent work whit 64 bit version of win 7 as i could see on there forum as there is only 32 bit version online. also it is a program that runs seperatly which slows the pc.

Here's what I know of the ISG system. ISG will only send HDG commands to the FS autopilot heading setting when a) there is a valid flightplan, B) LNAV is activated and c) the default FSX autopilot is ON. As I don't use the FS autopilot this last condition does not occurs and thus ISG will not send HDG commands.

I spoke to ISG about this and in the next version of their system they will change a few things which should make it possible to use their gauge with the A300. I can not guarantee that it will work but theoretically it should ;)

Björn

Please correct me if I mix things up now, Bjorn, but wasn't one of the many SP2 changes this heading mode which allows external gauges (like the Civa INS) to work with the A300 AP?

We have changed the way the autopilot heading mode interacts with the FSX engine. This new way of working allows external programs like vasFMC or the SimuFly INS to control the heading of the aircraft

I haven't tried the Civa INS so far but I expect it to work unless you tell me the opposite.

Please correct me if I mix things up now, Bjorn, but wasn't one of the many SP2 changes this heading mode which allows external gauges (like the Civa INS) to work with the A300 AP?

That is correct

I haven't tried the Civa INS so far but I expect it to work unless you tell me the opposite.

I have not tried it either. But the changes I made are basically the only thing I can do without having to either reprogram my autopilot to use the default FSX aircraft or to write specific code for each possible add-on on the marker that has its own mechanism of setting the autopilot heading.

Björn

When did you talk whit ISG as today there was released a new version. also i just wounder as it was able to use the hold funktion that sounds like it is able to control but Lnav isent. as whit hold i saw the hdg button rotate

When did you talk whit ISG as today there was released a new version. also i just wounder as it was able to use the hold funktion that sounds like it is able to control but Lnav isent. as whit hold i saw the hdg button rotate

Hi,

I will check with ISG about this and let you know asap.

I have no idea how they programmed the hold function so I really can't reply to your question.

Björn

I tried the new gauge and it works fine with LNAV activated and HDG activated on the A300 autopilot it works as it should...

Björn

ah so it was therefor, got it working 2 nice. Think i would attach a version when it is as i like :-)

Thanks for the answers, Bjorn.

Don't worry, I don't expect special code for the huge amount of addons. Your bird is fine the way it is and the SP2 changes are great. I will try the Civa (which I got used to after quite some time) soon and report back. Reading about the other gauges to work with your AP sounds promising for the Civa operation.

Note that in the [panel] section SimCheck A300 foldr, there is a file called "panel_isg.cfg" which contains a panel configuration that includes the isg gauges. The size and location of the FMC is a bit strange however so I have updated that for the hotfix that will be available soon.

Rename the existing "panel.cfg" to "panel_original.cfg" for instance and then rename the "panel_isg.cfg" to "panel.cfg" and this panel configuration will be used. The change sin the panel will mostly be visible in the 2D panel, in the VC only the ND's are there.

Björn

he he yep saw after instalation, it was also the file i am workin whit and got the nd fit ok, in the vc. but the pfd i think i would let that stay becaus there is no display in the isg that looks like the 1 used in the real world as it looks more like a display from a boeing 737-300

So i think i wait for the latest file and see

Are there any good add-on FMC's that works with this aircraft. I am just talking about the FMC, not the ND. An FMC that will couple to the HSI.

No you can't connect the FMC to the HSI, that would mean that I hack into the FMC and use data there to feed the needles and indications in the HSI.

We are working on an FMC upgrade for the A300, but this will not be an update but rather an upgrade. It will include an FMC, EFIS and ND and an extra VC model that includes the controls for the FMC and the FMC. No time frame is available yet for this upgrade as we just started the production but we hope to have done in 4-6 months from now.

Björn

We are working on an FMC upgrade for the A300, but this will not be an update but rather an upgrade. It will include an FMC, EFIS and ND and an extra VC model that includes the controls for the FMC and the FMC. No time frame is available yet for this upgrade as we just started the production but we hope to have done in 4-6 months from now.

Björn

This is wonderful news! I just love this aircraft, so glad you still keep developing it, many thanks!

Back internet goes on and off. in the mane while i tryeid to create the pfd but hard as the default gauge tryeid to edit the model but could get it exported as on the picture was my best try whit out edit any thing in the vc.

Back internet goes on and off. in the mane while i tryeid to create the pfd but hard as the default gauge tryeid to edit the model but could get it exported as on the picture was my best try whit out edit any thing in the vc.

Hi,

I would not add an EADI as in the real aircraft there is no ADI update either!

Most retrofits have an MCDU with an ND, some not even the ND, only the MCDU.

Björn