EHAM Amsterdam - Extremely disappointed!

Egbert Drenth

Hi,

I'm extremely disappointed with the patch for EHAM Amsterdam.

Not with Aerosoft but with the developer.

It took 4 months to release a patch and one of the most annoying bugs (the ground friction on the taxiway along RWY 06/24) still is not resolved!

As others suggested, I disabled the >>default<< EHAM photo scenery, but unfortunately that didn't helped.

If this bug is solely related to my FS2004 setup (which is possible) I would like to know, if not I hope it will be solved asap.

Aerosoft always publishes top notch sceneries which I buy in the blink of an eye, unfortunately this is not yet one of them.

And yes, I know.... It is not the end of the world, it is a hobby, but I just wanted to express my disappointment.

• Upvote 1

I must say that I feel that EHAM is not up to the usual standard that I expect from Aerosoft. I realise that different products are made by different groups, but when they are marketed under one name, you expect the same quality.

I agree with both comments; very disappointing indeed. Among other issues like poor distribution of taxi signs, I find the stutters when flying into and out of the airport extremely annoying. I'm not inclined to blame my system, as it can handle the Mega airport Paris CDG, which is truly 'Mega', without any stutters whatsoever. Paris shows that a big airport can be programmed properly (I know, different developers, but it's the same 'stable' from which we're used to get quality). After a few trial flights I've deactivated Schiphol (again) and I'll be waiting for a next update...

Regards,

René

Thanks Shaun, for your reply and for your intervention; much appreciated. Obviously we all hope that it leads to a piece of scenery that we like to use. It certainly has the potential, but in my opinion it would have been wise for the developers to take more time to deal with all issues which came up after the initial release, instead of publishing an unfinished update. By the way: Considering the flaws which this version still has, I would have expected a short note accompanying it, by the developers themselves, about their 'policy', explaining their priorities, whether they are still working on certain issues, their difficulties etc. Customers now have the feeling that they have not been taken seriously on a number of complaints and remain in the dark as to if and when they eventually wil be served with a finished product.

Kind regards,

René

Hopefully the FSX version will show better performance than FS2004 version has done so far. EHAM is a must in a modern flightsim so I really hope it will turn out acceptable in performance and visuals.

Hopefully the FSX version will show better performance than FS2004 version has done so far.

Fred, you must be a very famous comic. :lol:

Hi,

I'm extremely disappointed with the patch for EHAM Amsterdam.

Not with Aerosoft but with the developer.

It took 4 months to release a patch and one of the most annoying bugs (the ground friction on the taxiway along RWY 06/24) still is not resolved!

As others suggested, I disabled the >>default<< EHAM photo scenery, but unfortunately that didn't helped.

Egbert,

There are a certain procedures for that trick.

1. First of all, I assume that you have UTE installed. All the UTE layers should have higher priority in scenery.cfg than EHAM (both scenery itself and AESLite)

2. Secondly, default scenery layer should have HIGHEST priority above UTE and EHAM and should be disabled. Simply speaking, the order should be following (from lowest to highest) - EHAM, UTE, Default layer (disabled). This is the way how ALL of my sceneries have been organized for many years.

3. If you previously had C9 EHAM installed with UTE patch applied, you need to do some modifications in main FS2004 scenery folder.

I will post my scenery.cfg and the name of the file that should be disable once I get back home. Perhaps, some other simmers might help earlier.

Egbert,

There are a certain procedures for that trick.

1. First of all, I assume that you have UTE installed. All the UTE layers should have higher priority in scenery.cfg than EHAM (both scenery itself and AESLite)

2. Secondly, default scenery layer should have HIGHEST priority above UTE and EHAM and should be disabled. Simply speaking, the order should be following (from lowest to highest) - EHAM, UTE, Default layer (disabled). This is the way how ALL of my sceneries have been organized for many years.

3. If you previously had C9 EHAM installed with UTE patch applied, you need to do some modifications in main FS2004 scenery folder.

I will post my scenery.cfg and the name of the file that should be disable once I get back home. Perhaps, some other simmers might help earlier.

Hi Dimon,

Thanks for your reply. I do have indeed UTE and had the old C9 EHAM.

Awaiting your further instructions.

Egbert,

Yesterday, I tested the updated EHAM extensively and it appears that you are absolutely correct about bumpy taxiways along RNWY6-24. Sorry for my rushed opinion and wrong conclusion. Seems like we really need 1.2 patch to fix that.

Egbert,

Yesterday, I tested the updated EHAM extensively and it appears that you are absolutely correct about bumpy taxiways along RNWY6-24. Sorry for my rushed opinion and wrong conclusion. Seems like we really need 1.2 patch to fix that.

Since I replaced my old faithfull C9 with this version I have a forest of trees across the taxiway (V) for rny 36L only in one spot but I have no idea how to remove them, am I the only one with this problem.?

Add one more disappointed individual to the list. By the way, has anyone else noticed an overall slowing of texture loading and performance in the sim with this airport activated? I seem to be having this issue no matter where I am in the world while this scenery is active.

Robert

When? Wish to buy this scenery before month's end (only 3 days left). My buying policy/strategy is one add-on a month and FSDT's Dallas/Fort Worth(DFW) is coming in July.

Hello Folks,

Basically waiting for FSX version to be released.

Then we can get everything together and put in a big list.

Darryl

What about AES?

Will that be immediately available for FSX?

Oliver, could you please post an update for v20.06(to version B) when EHAM is released?

I really hope we have EHAM for FSX this weekhappy.gif

Shaun,

Because of the corrections there have to be made I understand that an FSX release will not be shortly.

Any idea if it will be released within 2 months from now ?

Regards,