Cusco X Preview

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely looking amazing!!

One question though, does FSX recognize the runway?

Perhaps not a very clear question, what I mean is the following:

often sloped runways are just ground textures, which makes FSX think the airport doesn't have a runway (or a 0 ft long runway), although it has.

This causes problem with addons like for example Air Hauler and other monitoring programs that rely on FSX telemetry.

So will FSX register you landing on that great looking runway, or will it just think you landed on the dirt?

The airport has a runway at the exact length and heigt, but for technical reasons its width is 0ft, so Air Hauler will probably report a bad landing. There's nothing we can do against it.

Yesterday I watched the first AI aircraft take off from the bumpy runway - that was quite nice. :)

The airport has a runway at the exact length and heigt, but for technical reasons its width is 0ft, so Air Hauler will probably report a bad landing. There's nothing we can do against it.

Yesterday I watched the first AI aircraft take off from the bumpy runway - that was quite nice. :)

As long as the runway length is OK, Air hauler will work. Runway width doesn't seem to matter that much. Not completely sure, but that's my guess. Don't know about other programs though.

I can imagine it's nice to see the AI take off from there... This really is an interesting project! congratz with the work so far!

Antyhing from a Cesna to a 757 wink.gif

I just now noticed that, even after re-reading this thread plenty of times :groan_s: . No A380s? :lol: How eventful is the takeoff roll? (Hmmm, I wounder if a B-52 can get on and off of there... Hmmm.)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks absolutly great! I wonder how AI-Traffic will work on this sloped runway! :huh:

But the runway-texture looks very coarse-grained, not really realistic. I hope this texture will be changed before release.

• Developer

Looks absolutly great! I wonder how AI-Traffic will work on this sloped runway! :huh:

Mike, you know the answer, don't you :lol: