Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

You're really a genius. I know what the X is standing for. Because I'm relatively new to the forum, it is not meant that I'm new to flight simulation. I do flight simulation since 1997.

It is also not necessary to give the post a negative mark!

If you would read the post carefully and most important, would understand the content, you will notice the important words: future plans or thoughts + is the decision fixed. So, this means that I already know the position of Aerosoft, but asked if there are maybe thoughts about a release for the FS 2004. Not: Will be there a FS 2004 version? What is the X stands for?

So, next time, please read more carefully and use that thing inside your head above your eyes.

• Upvote 1

So, next time, please read more carefully and use that thing inside your head above your eyes.

Same to you.

RBP read before posting.

Mathijs and other people already said 834773469326347634625965 times why it is absolutely impossible to make this and other add ons done for FSX work in FS9.

I think, it is enough regarding this issue now

• Upvote 9

You still did not or want not to understand it.

BTW, it is not impossible to get any FSX Add-On working in FS 2004. You can get every FSX Add-On to work in FS 2004. It is just a high investment and needs a reduction of polygons, where the FS 2004 has its limitations. So, again, my questions was about future plans. It do not mean automatically to convert the Airbus X for FS 2004. I also thought that there are maybe plans for a standalone developement for the FS 2004.

• Upvote 1

And that was allready stated too that this won't happen in the near future - you really shoul start using the search function - i am getting really tired of reding the same questions every few weeks. :blush:

Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against you personally ;)

You still did not or want not to understand it.

BTW, it is not impossible to get any FSX Add-On working in FS 2004. You can get every FSX Add-On to work in FS 2004. It is just a high investment and needs a reduction of polygons, where the FS 2004 has its limitations. So, again, my questions was about future plans. It do not mean automatically to convert the Airbus X for FS 2004. I also thought that there are maybe plans for a standalone developement for the FS 2004.

As the others said before, there are NO plans for a FS2004 version and you should know the reasons, otherwise read the whole threads about the airbus project. I'm sure you will find an answer.

And BTW I think you don't want to understand that there isn't a possibility for FS2004.

• Upvote 3

As the others said before, there are NO plans for a FS2004 version and you should know the reasons, otherwise read the whole threads about the airbus project. I'm sure you will find an answer.

And BTW I think you don't want to understand that there isn't a possibility for FS2004.

Of course there is one but nevermind. Lets get see another forums.

• Upvote 1

Hehe, you are my friend ;-)

You're not interested in a productive discussion. You're not even interested in giving criticism, you're just here to follow your own agenda and love to add fuel to the flames, instead of steering it towards an open debate. And that makes you a troll.

• Upvote 9

You're not interested in a productive discussion. You're not even interested in giving criticism, you're just here to follow your own agenda and love to add fuel to the flames, instead of steering it towards an open debate. And that makes you a troll.

There is no discussion possible. You have here only the choice to be with aerosoft (like the apple-boys) or against. You can't place a question wihtout being dumped and maked down.

@ Jerry ,

You are missing the point , at least he has A friend now ( if in fact they are 2 different people ) .

There was an interesting situation recently on the Painters forum at AVSIM where someone requested some paints , waited a day and the started to complain that no one had answered his request ( demand ) and was supported in his reasoning by another forum member . It later turned out that both posters were the same person - needless to say his request was not fulfilled .

Since the Airbus topic was reopened it seems that every few days certain individuals decide to fill these pages with their " opinions " on the Airbus project and the running of Aerosoft in general , as if they would be able to do any better . Even going back to the other ( now closed ) Airbus topics , the same questions are repeated over and over and when mentioning that the questions and answers have already been given , they complain that the topics are to big to read completely before posting .

Just a suggestion for the moderators here , why not bring in a red / yellow card system . Anyone acting like an idiot - yellow card = unable to post on the forum for a week , if they continue , red card = unable to post again . By logging their IP address they would also be unable to re register .

At least then the normal subscribers to these pages can enjoy them without having to scroll through page after page of some of the rubbish that is posted now .

John

• Upvote 6

There is no discussion possible. You have here only the choice to be with aerosoft (like the apple-boys) or against. You can't place a question wihtout being dumped and maked down.

Welcome to the forum! I think some have been a little harsh on you. I don't think it's essential to read all posts or use the search before asking a question. Though, it does help stop repetition.

The whole FS9 debate has been a touchy subject before on this forum. Hence the responses you received.

I gather you query is regarding the future of FS9 products in general, and not specifically Airbus X? If that's the case then you may find a better discussion by posting the topic in the General Discussions section.

I think Aerosoft is quite fair in it's representation of Fs9 products. The company recognises the Market and delivers were it sees profitable avenues.

Airports seem easier to support on both platforms, whereas aircraft can pose limitations.

Where possible, I think for the time being you'll always find aerosoft delivering a FS9 version if profitable. I don't think they'd do products that are FS9 only as it limits sales and innovation.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 5

There is discussion possible. It's not opening a discussion that people are reacting against, it's the fact that some questions are asked and answered a million times. Personally, I agree with cbd80 and you shouldn't get negatives straight away. But it is because people get tired of repeating questions.

If we would start a faq on this topic it would be

1- when is the release date?

2- does it have wing flex?

3- Why doesnt it have wingflex?

4- Is sids/stars implemented?

5- why isnt sids/stars implemented?

6- Wouldnt it be possible to implement sids/stars?

7- Is wingflex that hard to do?

8- When is the release?

9- Is the release still scheduled for .....?

10- I read somewhere release is postponed?

11- Don't you thinks sid/stars is something this bus needs?

12- And that it also needs wingflex?

13- and be released by now?

14- is this for fsx only or do you also make a fs9 version

15- Why don't you make a fs9 version?

16- Fs9 still beats fsx's behind when it comes to fps, so why not make a fs9?

17- Are there plans for a fs9 version on a later date?

18- If so will that one have wingflex?

19 -And sids/stars?

20- what would be the release (roughly)

And we can go on and on... First 100 times everyone answers patiently, toward 200 some start to be a bit irritable, when we reach a thousand people wont comment anymore, but just mark posts down.

And it is not unique to this forum, I see the same at PMDG, which don't even share as much as Aersoft do about dev status.

• Upvote 12

8- When is the release?

19 -And sids/stars?

LOL at numbers 6 through 20!!! :D:D:D It's about time we had a humorous post, even though it's about a tiresome issue.

• Upvote 3

Oh it's actually an easy question to answer as long as we can compare the default bus with our bus. Hand on heart, scouts honor... at this moment they got about the same FPS in the VC. Now we are still adding stuff and we are still optimizing so how that ends up, nobody can tell. See the images. Due to the rather warped layout of the default airbus the view is not the same but it is very much comparable.

In the external view you will loose about 25 to 30%. Things are simple there, you pay for any polygon you have and optimization is not something that will makehuge differences there.

Many thanks for the reply Mathijs - cool to see some more pictures from the 'drivers' seat.

I have a further question if I may - regarding auto-land. I note this isn't on the features list, and having followed the forum from very ealry stages I don't recall this being asked (tried the search too before posting) - just wondered if this is or will be implemented.

Best wishes,

Martin

Many thanks for the reply Mathijs - cool to see some more pictures from the 'drivers' seat.

I have a further question if I may - regarding auto-land. I note this isn't on the features list, and having followed the forum from very ealry stages I don't recall this being asked (tried the search too before posting) - just wondered if this is or will be implemented.

Best wishes,

Martin

Hi,

as far as I know the auto-land feature is implemented. So, it's possible to fly a ILS approach.

Chris

Hi,

as far as I know the auto-land feature is implemented. So, it's possible to fly a ILS approach.

Chris

Hi Chris - thanks for the response - good to hear that I will be able to leave my landings to someone who knows what they're doing - the auto-pilot!!!!

Kind regards,

Martin

I asked this a few pages ago but again I would like to know if you are able to light up the whole vc not only the instruments

Here are a couple of screenshots of the cockpit . I seem to remeber your question being answered ( but can't find it now ) . You can't change the lighting , it is either on or off - no dimmer , but why would you want to light up the whole cockpit ? It wouldn't do anything for your night vision .

cockpitnight.jpg

cockpitdaylightson.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

John

• Upvote 2

There is discussion possible. It's not opening a discussion that people are reacting against, it's the fact that some questions are asked and answered a million times. Personally, I agree with cbd80 and you shouldn't get negatives straight away. But it is because people get tired of repeating questions.

8- When is the release?

19 -And sids/stars?

And we can go on and on... First 100 times everyone answers patiently, toward 200 some start to be a bit irritable, when we reach a thousand people wont comment anymore, but just mark posts down.

And it is not unique to this forum, I see the same at PMDG, which don't even share as much as Aersoft do about dev status.

You missed point 21 - when it will be released :lol:

• Upvote 1

Here are a couple of screenshots of the cockpit . I seem to remeber your question being answered ( but can't find it now ) . You can't change the lighting , it is either on or off - no dimmer , but why would you want to light up the whole cockpit ? It wouldn't do anything for your night vision .

John

so there isn't a floodlight, right?

well, at least the lightning looks MUCH better then the wilco airbus!

Hi Chris - thanks for the response - good to hear that I will be able to leave my landings to someone who knows what they're doing - the auto-pilot!!!!

Kind regards,

Martin

Yes - autoland is implemented.

Bob L

As was mentioned on page 6 of this thread , the reason the cockpit looked bright was the flash when the photo was taken . As I stated in my post there is no reason at all for such lighting in the cockpit as it would be a hinder when flying at night , you would see nothing outside the aircraft .

These screens were made with the Beta version supplied by Aerosoft for use with the Beta painters ( before anyone thinks I am using a pirated version ) .

John

As I stated in my post there is no reason at all for such lighting in the cockpit as it would be a hinder when flying at night , you would see nothing outside the aircraft .

mhhh but when the Pilot has to eat something while flying at night or to read something? Could be difficult. Sure, while takeoff and landing the "floodlight" has to be off but during cruising

But I don't know because I'm not a pilot (except FSX) :)

That is exactly my point , it has been stated ( many times ) that unneccessary procedures / options are not modelled to help with framerates . A " virtual " pilot doesn't have to eat or read anything , so what is the point ? As far as a " real life " pilot is concerned , hopefully he is busy flying the plane , not reading a book .

You could save some money and buy a real Airbus - there might even be a few going cheap .

John