Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

Mathijs will those lights light up the clouds? Or give some kind of similar effect?

If only that were possible. Due to the way clouds are made in FSX they can not be lit by anything. Light is very wacky in FSX by any standard. Our lighting system (we knew it was possible the Albatross showed it) took two weeks to develop and most of that time was totally and utterly frustrating. We gave up three times. But Finn and Stefan managed to pull it off.

I just followed an AI aircraft and managed to shine the nose wheel take-off light on it. As cool as it was unrealistic. But at least I was now sure that the lights do light up other flying objects. Just wait until you see a seagull flash up in your landing light. Also a nice test for thew TCAS system. I got the whole series... "Traffic Traffic"... "Climb".... "Climb, climb now"...."Clear of traffic". I'll assume other add-ons got that as well but it was the first time I actually had the whole sequence played out to me.

• Upvote 2

If only that were possible. Due to the way clouds are made in FSX they can not be lit by anything. Light is very wacky in FSX by any standard.

I just followed an AI aircraft and managed to shine the nose wheel take-off light on it. As cool as it was unrealistic.

Thats a shame, something to think about in the Aerosoft simulator? lol. Did you get the look of tha NAV and Strobes right as I remember you were trying to get them to look realistic also? 

Hi.

I am new here and I apologies if I threw my post to a wrong place. It is deep forest for me at the moment.

I have just couple of questions before I place the order.

Is INIT B page in FMGC available? If not, what tools are available for fuel loading and adjusting FOB, alternate and taxi fuel and stuff like that? Is there fuel and load manager?

Is it possible to load speed and alts constraints in FMGC? (It is strongly required to follow correct SID and STAR procedures). Will the airplane follow them? I know SID & STARs are not supported but to follow correct departure and arrival procedure you need to maintain proper climb gradient which is very difficult to make it manually. Actually not a big deal but it’ll create extra workload.

Are speed limit point and deceleration points available on ND?

Does Approach phase activate upon reaching Deceleration point automatically? In order to Airbus decelerate to approach speeds, Approach phase must be activated either automatically or manually? I just want to make sure this option is available.

I know this is the basic version but all options I was talking about above are really necessary.

Also I didn’t see the response for this post:

Goair 18

Ok Mathijs thats not fair posting real A320's cockpits on here, lets see some of the aircrafts youve made for FSX

---

Mathijs

There will be a two page document that will help you get in the air and back on the ground. See we claim even a inexperienced simmer can fly this Aircraft with serious realism with just two pages.

Wilco provides very detailed manual on 99 pages with tutorial. Do you think 2 pages tutorial is enough even for basic?

That’s it for now.

Thanks a lot.

Mathijs will those lights light up the clouds? Or give some kind of similar effect?

Nice question!

My friend Mathijs,the palne seems to be outstanding.I thing that the landings lights are also used in the past from Lotus L-39 Albatros. I have some questions about the lights . Will the beacons, strobes illuminate at the ground, as lotus sim does?

We all have the passion for flying (virtual or real) . We all understand that fsx has limitations , but think the progress you have done in the fsx with your add ons.

Create a new FS so we all say ''As real , as it gets''.

• Upvote 1

I'll honestly say we'll give PMDG a run for their money on flight dynamics. Of course they have never done FBW flight so that's a bit vague but we got very serious flight dynamics. It's also not so lite on systems, in fact it's rather strong on all systems that do not require a lot of user input. We just went easy on the most complex systems. But for example electrics, hydraulics etc are pretty detailed. In some systems like external lights we think we are far in the lead. Let me show:

First image, all lights off. Very standard FSX.

Next, taxiway turn off lights on. They shine 45 degrees of the nose to show obstacles you might hit with the main gear while turning.

There are few aircraft who have these lights working, ours does.

Next we switch on the main landing lights, the big stuff.

Something rather special here, the lights actually illuminates the objects. No Wilco, PMDG etc aircraft does that. You can actually taxi in complete darkness with our bus!

Now on to the nose gear light. It has two settings, first the take-off setting. This shines rather steep down and is focused. It helps pilots judge the pitch attitude and also lights up the tree you are going to hit.

After you landed the nose light is switched from TO setting to taxi setting. It now fills in the gap between the two landing lights.

Of course all the switches and animations are correct. You can extend the landing lights and not switch them on. They will also automatically switch off when you retract them. Etc etc.

That's all pretty cool and not eye-candy as some might say. If it were default FSX lights it would be as they just put a light polygon on the ground. But these lights actually all work as they should and make night take-off and landings a lot more realistic. It's a fine example of our focus with this project. It's all about flying the Airbus, not learning about how to set up a descending 2 minute holding pattern over a fix in crosswind.

Outstanding work Mathijs, we will now be able to make our night approach with ground reference as in the real situation, Fantastic piece of work. This add-on is worth the money just on those lights alone.

Regards

D

5 small issues, 2 medium, 2 big left now.

Just now we managed to get the brakes back to work. Those were ruined by the DLL we use to read the throttle settings without using the wacky FSX routines. It now goes directly via DirectX, nice and fast and way more precise. The biggest issue is by far the manuals, but I'll be back on those tomorrow.

We are still very much on schedule for an August release.

Copied and thx for the reply Mathijs, wish you good luck, i'll be waiting for the release... no prob

Regards

Ray

5 small issues, 2 medium, 2 big left now.

Just now we managed to get the brakes back to work. Those were ruined by the DLL we use to read the throttle settings without using the wacky FSX routines. It now goes directly via DirectX, nice and fast and way more precise. The biggest issue is by far the manuals, but I'll be back on those tomorrow.

We are still very much on schedule for an August release.

Mathijs, is there any way any of us could assist with the manuals? Whether it be proofing or whatever. I for one would be happy to spend a few hours with the documentation if it freed you up to do other tasks. Feel free to PM me if such assistance can be of use.

I'll honestly say we'll give PMDG a run for their money on flight dynamics. Of course they have never done FBW flight so that's a bit vague but we got very serious flight dynamics. It's also not so lite on systems, in fact it's rather strong on all systems that do not require a lot of user input. We just went easy on the most complex systems. But for example electrics, hydraulics etc are pretty detailed. In some systems like external lights we think we are far in the lead. Let me show:

Of course all the switches and animations are correct. You can extend the landing lights and not switch them on. They will also automatically switch off when you retract them. Etc etc.

That's all pretty cool and not eye-candy as some might say. If it were default FSX lights it would be as they just put a light polygon on the ground. But these lights actually all work as they should and make night take-off and landings a lot more realistic. It's a fine example of our focus with this project. It's all about flying the Airbus, not learning about how to set up a descending 2 minute holding pattern over a fix in crosswind.

woooooooooooooooooooow, this looks so ####### goooooooood!!!

you make me really wanting this airbus, please bring it out during the summerholidays (which end with this month), i really want to fly the airbus in my holidays!!!

is there any chance that it comes befor the last weekend in this month?

regards

Emi

• Deputy Sheriffs

.. please bring it out during the summerholidays (which end with this month)..

No need to hurry. As I'm on vacation now, 2nd week of September is early enough :D:D

• Aerosoft

Thats a shame, something to think about in the Aerosoft simulator? lol. Did you get the look of tha NAV and Strobes right as I remember you were trying to get them to look realistic also?

The new game engine we hope to use already does that. We had no options to make the nav lights etc better, our new landing light system is only visible from the cockpit and you can't see the strobes from there. It's all very much in line with our idea of making a product that focuses on what you see from the left seat.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, is there any way any of us could assist with the manuals? Whether it be proofing or whatever. I for one would be happy to spend a few hours with the documentation if it freed you up to do other tasks. Feel free to PM me if such assistance can be of use.

I promise to have the manuals online the moment I get close to finishing them.

• Upvote 1

I promise to have the manuals online the moment I get close to finishing them.

:)

Having dealt with Mathijs as a customer for many years I can tell you that if he says it, then it will happen.

Eagerly awaiting the release here.

• Aerosoft

Hi.

I am new here and I apologies if I threw my post to a wrong place. It is deep forest for me at the moment.

I have just couple of questions before I place the order.

Is INIT B page in FMGC available? If not, what tools are available for fuel loading and adjusting FOB, alternate and taxi fuel and stuff like that? Is there fuel and load manager?

Is it possible to load speed and alts constraints in FMGC? (It is strongly required to follow correct SID and STAR procedures). Will the airplane follow them? I know SID & STARs are not supported but to follow correct departure and arrival procedure you need to maintain proper climb gradient which is very difficult to make it manually. Actually not a big deal but it'll create extra workload.

Are speed limit point and deceleration points available on ND?

Does Approach phase activate upon reaching Deceleration point automatically? In order to Airbus decelerate to approach speeds, Approach phase must be activated either automatically or manually? I just want to make sure this option is available.

I know this is the basic version but all options I was talking about above are really necessary.

Also I didn't see the response for this post:

Goair 18

Ok Mathijs thats not fair posting real A320's cockpits on here, lets see some of the aircrafts youve made for FSX

---

Mathijs

There will be a two page document that will help you get in the air and back on the ground. See we claim even a inexperienced simmer can fly this Aircraft with serious realism with just two pages.

Wilco provides very detailed manual on 99 pages with tutorial. Do you think 2 pages tutorial is enough even for basic?

That's it for now.

Thanks a lot.

I think you are really looking at a different kind of product, speedbird. The customer we got in mind simply does not know many of the items you list as he is just upgrading from the default aircraft! Yes we do have Init B and we include a tool to determine take-off speeds (with FLEX), but in flight modes we simplified things. You feel all those issues belong in the basic version, I beg to differ and suggest you read the manual before you decided to buy this aircraft to see what's included and what not.

The two page manual grew into three page by now, but it's still amazingly simple. As the real aircraft is. A few weeks ago I was in a big sim with a real A320 crew. They showed me how they could go from a cold and dark aircraft to one that's ready on the runway for a circuit in under 3 minutes. Okay the INS was not fully aligned but believe me, that has not held a modern airliner from making it's take-off slot for the last decade! Our full manual will be over 100 pages for sure.

• Upvote 2

If only that were possible. Due to the way clouds are made in FSX they can not be lit by anything. Light is very wacky in FSX by any standard. Our lighting system (we knew it was possible the Albatross showed it) took two weeks to develop and most of that time was totally and utterly frustrating. We gave up three times. But Finn and Stefan managed to pull it off.

well just a ide, dont you think whit some kind of reflection would do the trick. think i would try a bit on simchek and get back if find a solution.

Small erata on the new lights..

They are visible both in VC and external view.

Finn

Thats great news Finn, is it something you will be using in future Aircraft releases? And can we have an exterior view of the Airbus at night with all the lights working in a screen shot?   

ame='KAPTEJNLN' date='17 August 2010 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1282035246' post='244616']

Problem is that there is nothing to reflect on (off?). Clouds in FSX are not like other objects.

Well i know it cant be done directly but working to get it anoter way round, or should i say i would do my best to find a way :-)

One short question for developers (I found it asked previously but I didn't manage to find the answer), is the Brake Fan simulated?

Thanks!

One short question for developers (I found it asked previously but I didn't manage to find the answer), is the Brake Fan simulated?

Thanks!

Yes.

Finn