Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Unfortunately the Co-pilot specific controls are static at the moment. If you're using Track IR it isn't too hard to reach the left hand side. Still, maybe this is something for the advanced version.

Here's a screenshot from the right hand side anyway.

https://files.me.com/cbdone/35531g

Chris

Hi Chris,

Do you mean they are an image, or that they just mirror the captain's screens (i.e. you can't have a separate display on them)

cheers

Hi Chris,

Do you mean they are an image, or that they just mirror the captain's screens (i.e. you can't have a separate display on them)

cheers

It's just a mirror of the captains screen's. They can't be altered independently. There are no clickable buttons on the co pilots MCDU.

The pilots side is fully functional.

Chris

• Aerosoft

gents, got a problem. The TCAS recording we done is not complete and has some quality issues. Now I could use a load of YouTube vids to cobble something together but that's a bad solution. So I decided to drop all we got and make a complete new sound set for the TCAS. And then we thought, if we can't do it in the Airbus itself (no chance for that in the next few weeks), and got to simulate it, why not see if a customer would like to be bitching betty? So if you feel like it, take out your mike and record the following sentences to a 44.100 Hz / 16 bits file. Second pause in between. We need a male voice (some Airbusses got female voices, but not ours). Send the recording to info@aerosoft.com or attach it here. Of course we'll give free copies to the people who assist!

"TCAS System Test Fail"

"TCAS System Test OK"

"Traffic, traffic"

"Climb, climb"

"Descend, descend"

"Climb, crossing climb"

"Descend, crossing descend"

"Increase climb"

"Increase descent"

"Climb, climb NOW"

"Descend, descend NOW"

"Maintain vertical speed"

"Adjust vertical speed"

"Monitor vertical speed"

"Maintain vertical speed, crossing"

"Clear of conflict"

• Upvote 1

It's just a mirror of the captains screen's. They can't be altered independently. There are no clickable buttons on the co pilots MCDU.

The pilots side is fully functional.

Chris

Chris; nice image my friend!! I like the trans. effect of the windows and the computer screens in the VC that Aerosoft have done. Thanks for sharing!

• Aerosoft

No wing flex!!!! That's crazy. I thought all the great advances that FSX offers were being used? Surely wing flex would be one of them. I think that it is a must have. If that's true then I will not be buying it which is a real shame as I have been looking forward to this. Without wing flex you may aswell be flying a brick!!wacko.gifmad.gifblink.gifohmy.gif

Ahhh a full repeat of the whole wing flex issue, how disappointing.

Dear scarebus, if you measure the quality of an add-on on if it has wingflex I am afraid we can't do a lot for you. Not only because we feel that wingflex on this model make little sense as the A320 series has a very stiff and rather short wing (it's not a 747 with huge wings), but mainly because we do not want to exaggerate the effect. See if we move it realistic it would move a few pixels on your screen and you most likely not see it (and complain it is not there).

Where wingflex makes sense we use it. So for example our Discus glider that has a VERY advanced wing flexing model where wings flex in different ways and even different on both sides (nobody else has done that). And of course wingflex was already possible in FS2004.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

SO DONT FRICKING THREATEN ME OK DO WHAT YOU WANT, MY TRUTH IS NOT PROFITABLE TO YOU AND YOUR COMPANY, THUS YOU BAN ME TO MAKE THIS PROBLEM KNOWN TO LESS PEOPLE WHO WERE PLANNING TO BUY IT

I never get people who want to be banned and keep on typing.

Most certainly if the whole issue is rather silly as we written at least 100 times (serious) that we'll not do wingflex on this model.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Why do you feel it's necessary to turn the discussion personal, sorry if I hurt your feelings. Any other aircraft being released for FSX has a wing flex it's a basic part of the overall experience. And no I don't want a stewardess walking down the aisle, I do enough of that at work already! And as for my profile name what's it to you? What's your pic all about, some kind a broke back mountain wanna be.... grow up!!

My my... "broke back mountain wanna be.... grow up!! "Hope you did not expect to stay on this forum much longer after that comment right?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

FO capability please. I like the right seat, I am not ready for the left seat just yet!

Regards

D

Sorry, we decided not to do that. The biggest reason for that is simply FPS. By not implementing the right seat we can get our BUS as fast as the default bus and that's massively important for us.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Hi,

just a short question: Are there still little bugs to fix or can you say a RC is ready?

Chris

Think we are down to 15 bugs to fix (coming from several hundred).

I can also say that I am probably the biggest problem as I got to complete the manuals now and there is a lot of movement on the Aerosoft Flight Simulator 2013 front that I got to handle as well.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, we decided not to do that. The biggest reason for that is simply FPS. By not implementing the right seat we can get our BUS as fast as the default bus and that's massively important for us.

That's more than fair enough, Thanks Mathijs

Regards

D

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Sorry for OT, but is that 2013 a typo or newest estimated time of arrival?

New ETA on AFS2013 yes , 2012 was just not realistic at this point.

(But keep in mind we have not yet officially announced anything. At this stage we might still decide to cancel the project).

• Upvote 1

Just wondering Mathijs, If you decide to implement an advanced version, will you consider including the right seat? It's just that I think this model would be an ideal model for learning on jetliners. Also what is the additional cost in FPS of including the right seat?

• Upvote 1

Sorry if this has been asked before (I could not find it though), but what about the ability to import flightplans into the FMC? I have just noted on the first page that airways will not be supported, so putting the flightplan into the FMC for online flying may become quite a burden for longer journeys now that we need to fill out each waypoint separately. Other payware aircraft have the ability to import flightplans created by FSBuild or VRoute for example. Will this be available for this great looking bus as well?

Sorry if this has been asked before (I could not find it though), but what about the ability to import flightplans into the FMC? I have just noted on the first page that airways will not be supported, so putting the flightplan into the FMC for online flying may become quite a burden for longer journeys now that we need to fill out each waypoint separately. Other payware aircraft have the ability to import flightplans created by FSBuild or VRoute for example. Will this be available for this great looking bus as well?

Alex,

I,ve imported fligtplans from FSBuild and FSX flight planner with no issues. Also, there are other beta members who use FS Commander with. No issues. Even though the MCDU will not allow you to select a SID or STAR you can manually enter them or just build the fligtplans using the aforementioned utillities.

Bob