Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Chris, in that first image the water reflection is quite striking. Is that the stock water reflections or have you got an add-on to produce that 'mirror' effect in the water?

I'm using a combination of REX and FSWater Configurator. I also have water set at 2x high.

Also playing a part is the ENB mod, for changing the lighting effects. Gives far more contrast and looks more realistic. In my opinion anyway :)

Chris

I'm using a combination of REX and FSWater Configurator. I also have water set at 2x high.

Also playing a part is the ENB mod, for changing the lighting effects. Gives far more contrast and looks more realistic. In my opinion anyway :)

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Judging by your specs our machines are very similar except for the Vid card, mine's a 285. I have REX, but I have avoided setting water to 2x high for performance reasons. I might have to experiment though, if that's the result you're getting!

No worries Jordan :)

I was just wondering what would make it hardcore for you. I prefer complex aircraft like the PMDG's too.

But I can fly the Airbus X in pretty much the same way as a PMDG product. I.e. Start cold and dark, switch the batteries on, get the APU running etc. Program the FMC etc

Airbus X may not have as detailed an FMC, but the main areas are covered. I can input my flight plan directly in, add a SID/STAR manually. Align the IRS, enter my weights etc

Obviously, PMDG offers further features such as advanced failure modes, detailed cabin etc.

What interests me most is the flying of the aircraft in an accurate fashion. In this respect, I see little difference between the Airbus X and PMDG.

But everyone has their preferences, which is probably why it's so hard to please everyone ;)

Chris

I think there is good money to be made in addon packs such as that. like on xbox live games such as modern warfare 2, which had addon packs to keep up the interest. in the future there could be the systems extension, a model extension containing the 318/319 a mission pack, etc. especially since it seems most people are asking about things like these.

I think there is good money to be made in addon packs such as that. like on xbox live games such as modern warfare 2, which had addon packs to keep up the interest. in the future there could be the systems extension, a model extension containing the 318/319 a mission pack, etc. especially since it seems most people are asking about things like these.

I agree, I wouldn't be bothered about missions myself, but would like the 'advanced systems pack' and the A318/9 models if they were made available. Although I wouldn't want to pay full price again!

• Upvote 2

It would good to have the following liveries

British Airways A320/1

Swiss Air A321

Air France A321

Alitalia A321

Iberia A320

Lufthansa A320/1

TAP A321

Virgin Blue A320

Air Berlin A320

TAM A320

Monarch A321

LAN A320

Aero Mexicana A320

United A320

Will it offer a tool for fuel calculations? Payload? take off speed calculator? will flex temp be implemented?

I believe Mathijs has already illustrated the payload calc, sometime last week, I think. If I remember correctly he also mentioned a tool to tell you how far you'll get with the fuel on board.

The MCDU can calculate your takeoff V Speeds, and flex temp is also functional.

Chris

I may have missed any hints mathjis has dropped about the release date. But what time frame are we looking at now? I'm fine with "It's done when it's done" just trying to figure out the budget for this beauty! Thanks!

I may have missed any hints mathjis has dropped about the release date. But what time frame are we looking at now? I'm fine with "It's done when it's done" just trying to figure out the budget for this beauty! Thanks!

Hi,

still august. But as I understood him correctly there will be a RC available during the next week.

Release Candidate ;)

Means it's almost ready but needs to be validated and any show stoppers will be adressed...

Small issues will be corrected after release...

Hi Simon,

I've checked this out and there appears to be no issues with loading a default flight plan during a flight.

Happy Flying.

Chris

Thanks Chris:) Happy testing and flying you lucky bastard!! lol. blush.gif

I'm sorry what's an RC I've heard of it all over this forum but have no idea what it is.

Paul said this about RC's yesterday:

A beta version is considered to be a work in progress i.e. it is at least partially working and the beta testing involves finding problems with both the things are supposed to be finished, as well as pointing out what still needs to be done. As the project progresses through many different beta version (Airbus X is now on 19), the beta testers will also recheck to try and find any new faults that may get introduced.

The release candidate (RC) is also tested by the beta team and as the name suggests, it is the final build of the complete project and in the developers opinon, ready for release. That rarely happens of course, but at this point, release is only going to be delayed by some very serious bug that may have developed in final packaging of the product files.

Hope it helps; there is always Google!

Simon

Peeps, don't mark him down for asking if he can convert it....

And to (try) to answer your question. I haven't tried it in Fs9, only in FSX (as we speak) but I don't think it is possible. I don't think fs9 can handle it, and I am not even talking about the techniques used, or the complications with flightmodel and FMC...

I agree with Isaiah. I've not tried it either in FS9, but I think it won't handle it, I'm not certain it can even handle the coding techniques used.

When I switched to FSX I did try to bring my FS9 aircraft over. Some with success, others with very little. If there is anything with software advances, it is usually easier for current software to support legacy products than vice versa.

The one thing about Aerosoft that should be known by now, is that they don't deny FS9 software at a whim, it is based upon if their is a market, and more importantly, if it is achieveable.

With Airbus X, given the previews, it shows that it is way beyond what FS9 can offer in terms of aircraft addons. Technology/software advances (too fast sometimes for economic viability)

But, by all means give it a try. And good luck :)

Chris