Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

I agree with the shine but either way the textures are stunning.

With the "Advanced" version surely that would be too much for even the most experienced "Simmer". By Advanced you mean having all the systems of the aircraft functional and working as per the real thing. BUT in the real world this work load is carried out by a crew of two. Therefore would it not just be too much work? I think the current version with the described features available should be enough to be actively involved in the workings of the aircraft without exceeding your work limit.

Well i know there are 2 persons work, but mabee not all systems, els enabel an co pilot as some addons include to handel some of it. There is always many things that isent done in the FMS/FMC/CDU many feautures nav data, weather info as you can req weather data to be printet or show on screen and other things that would help you fly an aircraft. But stil not all things are required as i asked an pilot how many procent do you know about your fmc do you know what the awenser? 60% some things not requered for pilot, as some of it is for flightmecanics and other stuff you dont need as pilot in comand. because many add-on companys make fmc or what ever it is in the exact airplane but som does som things other have some other things i cant say i want a bit here and a bit here. And i mean a basic version is good but bring it on to a higher level. but think the bigges problem is frame rates. so realy hope the future would bring a good new sim that can give much beter frames.

Thanks for the screens Chris. Night lights look real good both in and out. Thanks for the VC ones too!! Any day VC ones feel free to post; no begging!! blink.gif lol. j/k Keep up the good work beta testing!!

Simon

Well as Mathijs has said, an advanced version hasn't been ruled out.

Out of interest, what is it about this version that puts you off?

Chris

Don't get me wrong Chris nothing puts me off, this plane is a piece of art, I'm just a more "hardcore" simmer....I think I'd get bored quick. On top of that I'd rather save me money.....you do have an "advanced" CRJ coming, Katana and of course PMDG 737's. Please convince Mathiejs (sorry can't spell) to do an advance version and you can charge the shit of people because they will pay for a high end bus for sure.

This community has been waiting for years (I'm on Air Simmer ET) for an advance bus, I think so many people would buy something like this in a heart beat, but I guess that is for you guys to decide. Anyways she looks good, can't wait to see more youtube videos and dream of an advanced bus :P. Good days Sir.

Jordan Collins

• Upvote 2

Is it too late to model an angry flight attendant using the emergency slide at the gate?

This Airbus is looking really good, can you release it now? :P

I was actually hoping for one from the window.

Don't get me wrong Chris nothing puts me off, this plane is a piece of art, I'm just a more "hardcore" simmer....I think I'd get bored quick. On top of that I'd rather save me money.....you do have an "advanced" CRJ coming, Katana and of course PMDG 737's. Please convince Mathiejs (sorry can't spell) to do an advance version and you can charge the shit of people because they will pay for a high end bus for sure.

This community has been waiting for years (I'm on Air Simmer ET) for an advance bus, I think so many people would buy something like this in a heart beat, but I guess that is for you guys to decide. Anyways she looks good, can't wait to see more youtube videos and dream of an advanced bus :P. Good days Sir.

Jordan Collins

No worries Jordan :)

I was just wondering what would make it hardcore for you. I prefer complex aircraft like the PMDG's too.

But I can fly the Airbus X in pretty much the same way as a PMDG product. I.e. Start cold and dark, switch the batteries on, get the APU running etc. Program the FMC etc

Airbus X may not have as detailed an FMC, but the main areas are covered. I can input my flight plan directly in, add a SID/STAR manually. Align the IRS, enter my weights etc

Obviously, PMDG offers further features such as advanced failure modes, detailed cabin etc.

What interests me most is the flying of the aircraft in an accurate fashion. In this respect, I see little difference between the Airbus X and PMDG.

But everyone has their preferences, which is probably why it's so hard to please everyone ;)

Chris

• Upvote 1

This Bus looks old and dirty, can I have mine brand new and shiny please? smile.gif

Regards

D

Aerosoft have made an extensive paint kit with lots of dirts layers which I guess can be removed to match the users pref. via paintshop etc Some of the painters have discussed been the possibility of uploading clean and dirty jobs. I agree; I only view from the plane; but could do with some cleaner flaps; I never see the rest of the ac though. Check-out the last 2-3 pages of the a320/21 painters forum on the aerosoft forums...

Great shots.Really finding it difficult to wait any longer for this beauty to get released.Great work Mathijs and the entire Aerosoft team.

Can I ask for few more screen shots in VC ?

Thanking You

Sameer R Mankame

If you go back to each of the previews for the Airbus on the preview forums from 03/03/09 ish you will see them all there as it prgoressed. In the text of the previews you may find more too:) Same as the ones posted above today except for Cmd80's which are actua for the beta they are testingl!!

Quess my question is, can I re-load a flight plan whlist in the air with this aircraft as I have done with the defualt 737. I use the generic default flight planner and defualt ATC.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I've checked this out and there appears to be no issues with loading a default flight plan during a flight.

Happy Flying.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Chris, in that first image the water reflection is quite striking. Is that the stock water reflections or have you got an add-on to produce that 'mirror' effect in the water?

Thanks gents for all the images, this bird is looking like a real triumph in the VC and external model, I'm sure the rest of the package will not let us down.

Is there any chance Mathijs could pop in and advise us on where we stand with respect to development? From the images and posts, it 'feels' like the testers are working with an RC, or near to it.