Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Hi Mathijs

I think were going a little to deep here, all i hope for the Aerosoft Airbus is some good solid numbers to fly with. I hate addons that leave you out in the cold in terms of Vspeeds and trim settings. It kinda ruins the whole thing.

A lot of addons give a rudimentary CofG or just the required trim setting for takeoff. Either or both will do.

Perhaps TOPCAT will do a performance file for the aerosoft bus, and all this will be taken care of!

Stuart

@stumar, @Paul_Smith

Guys, this might work:

"...use FSX fuel and payload to set the fuel weight and determine the cg (count which red line the cg marker is on starting from the top and divide by 32 to determine the cg)." (http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1260035413/12 - Reply #3)

The trim can then be set using the CG scale that appears right next to the trim wheel (follow link to see image): link.

BTW, ignore the MCDU in the image. As indicated above, the figure you would use is the one you obtained/calculated from the FSX fuel/payload manager for takeoff CG/trim.

• Upvote 3

There is no shared cockpit includded in the airbus, but you could use external programs to share the cockpit...

Can u pls tell me the name of such programs i want to use it !!

• Upvote 2

Sorry if im being rude.

Is it possible to have a shot posted of the a320's wingview just behind the wing.

with the spoilers up and the flaps fully extended.

Thanks, they look great

• Upvote 1

Sorry if im being rude.

Is it possible to have a shot posted of the a320's wingview just behind the wing.

with the spoilers up and the flaps fully extended.

Thanks, they look great

Check out the repaint forum here...

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=31387

Here is the ones I could find from my saved stuff. Love the first view; from Chris' video of the beta bus via youtube. Second one was an actual shot posted here on the forums; credit to someone else on here for their original post:)) Theres more on the forums if you look at the old previews. Don't want to clog their forums with dups!!

dafga.jpg

30.jpg

nice detail but what are those yellow thingy's on the wings? hooks or summing

If I'm not mistaken then you can hook in a rope from the overwing emergency exits.

So that you have something to hold on if you are leaving the aircraft this way. Something like a handrail.

But for the A321 there is normally no need of them because he has no overwing exit.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm not mistaken then you can hook in a rope from the overwing emergency exits.

So that you have something to hold on if you are leaving the aircraft this way. Something like a handrail.

But for the A321 there is normally no need of them because he has no overwing exit.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Have no idea what they are there for. I think they look cool. Most a320 s and some a321 s have them as attached below. Maybe carrier specific-weird some newer lufthansa a321 have them but not all of the older ones. Almost all wing views I have seen on 320's have them. I think aerosoft did a great job on them...sweet! Below is a Luft a321

Sorry you may have to cut and paste the link doing his from iPhone.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthansa/Airbus-A321-131/1137616/M/

Here are a couple of shots taken this evening whilst testing the Autoland function:

https://files.me.com/cbdone/21yt2k

https://files.me.com/cbdone/1wz9ia

Fully established on the ILS 23R at Manchester!

Chris

Nice Chris! How s she flying now? Not sure if you can say just currious how the new beta is? Cheers for the shots regardless.

Simon

Nice Chris! How s she flying now? Not sure if you can say just currious how the new beta is? Cheers for the shots regardless.

Simon

A lot of things have been fixed since the last Beta. People may not have liked the delay, but it has given time for a lot of the bugs to be ironed out.

I'm very impressed with the autoland feature. This is the first time we've had it fully functional to test. Need to try it in a few more scenarios, but looking good.

I'd say it's more a case of fine tuning now, rather than any major bugs.

It'll be worth the wait!

Chris

• Upvote 1

nice detail but what are those yellow thingy's on the wings? hooks or summing

I have found something in another forum.

These things are there to fasten a so called lifeline to the wing. To help the PAX to evacuate the plane.

You can see it on this picture.

http://img40.imageshack.us/i/liveline3fb.jpg/

A lot of things have been fixed since the last Beta. People may not have liked the delay, but it has given time for a lot of the bugs to be ironed out.

I'm very impressed with the autoland feature. This is the first time we've had it fully functional to test. Need to try it in a few more scenarios, but looking good.

It'll be worth the wait!

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the good news.

Sam

It'll be worth the wait!

Chris

It looks very good. The autoland function does this mean the Airbus can land by itself? I am not so experienced so that is a great help for me to land the plane.

I have again a question about the difference between beta and the release candidate. You are testing the Airbus in differentt scenarios because it is in the beta stadium, but what are going to test in the RC? After a couple of answers on my last post I still don't see the difference.

Thanks again,

Peter

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have again a question about the difference between beta and the release candidate. You are testing the Airbus in differentt scenarios because it is in the beta stadium, but what are going to test in the RC? After a couple of answers on my last post I still don't see the difference.

Peter, I dont know what's your native language, but here are 2 links that should answer your question in English and German

Google is very good place to find answers. ;)

• Upvote 1

It'll be worth the wait!

Chris

Cheers Chris; thanks for update and keeping us informed of the progress; sounds like things are working out and the wait will be well worth it!

Simon

• Upvote 1