Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Will it be included custom landing tyre smoke and sound?? Or we shall observe default FSX gigantic cloud of smoke and hear nothing.

Would be great if possible to make,... that amount of tyre smoke produced is somehow result of landing. Hard landing - lost of smoke (not like default)rolleyes.gif

Soft landing - nice small amount od tyre smoke

Well, just to make it clear:

- soft lading -> more smoke but generally thinner plume

- hard landing -> less smoke but thicker plume

and btw: you don't hear the "screaming" of the tires inside the cockpit (depending on the A/C type you might hear a bit in the cabin) in fact you don't hear anything (in fact you feel it...) except for the whole A/C shaking when hitting the ground a bit hardlaugh.gif

Oskar

You should find the Airbus X gives you better fps than the J41.

It's the scenery addons you use that are going to have the more significant impact.

Chris

Hey Chris; Sorry to bother you; I sent you a PM via Aerosoft Forums about your 980x? Just had a question for you at your leisure:)

Simon

I am sure not your friend! I will wait for Airsimmer, the cockpit looks better, too!

A polite mannered boy .........rolleyes.gif

Anyway looking forward to the release , FSX fully ready with apt addons

I am sure their product will be great when it will be finished. All bugs can be solved. I almost bought their product once, but then I saw that it is for FS9 only :(

Well, I wish them all the best, but time is running fast for them since Aerosoft announced their FSX Bus (competitor for Basic Edition) and FSLabs hardcore version (competitor for Advanced version). And even if they release bug free advanced version it will take some time to make it for FSX. Okay enough Airsimmer, back to Aerosoft :) I'm still thinking about buying aerosoft's bus, because I like more complex system modeling, but it can be a good start to get familiar with A320 before more advanced version will be released. The only problem is that after buying advanced version of bus, this one will stay in my virtual hangar forever. I'll see... ;)

• Aerosoft

Peter - a CTD = Crash To Desktop, meaning the application has simply quit and you are left either at your normal desktop or with a non-working PC that must be rebooted.

The OS is not affected by the the CTD, no need to reboot. But FSX just gives up and closes without any error and that's the problem we got. We even know exactly at what command FSX shuts down, but the command is fine. Now most heavy addons suffer from this issue, I can mention at least 6 that do not allow you to close FSX without crashing. One of the things we learned to live with.

But to be clear, we stay 100% inside the FSX allotted memory, no leaks there. So the OS is not affected in any way. That would be a showstopper for sure. This is a big and nasty issue but as long as it does not affect flight it is not a showstopper for us. Might be for some folks but it's better they they know in advance right?

• Aerosoft

I take it you do not model CoG or Take off trim then? Are these on your list for the advanced version?

If you like to trim the aircraft perfectly it will for sure rotate better, but it's not a big deal actually. But as our load manager always loads the aircraft more or less stable, the actual effect is minimal. Of course CoG is finely tuned, any flight model without that is not worth looking at. Not even in an airbus. Believe me, many of these things seem far more important for simmer then they are for the real aircraft. Here is what I just got in the mail:

"Mathijs, regarding the forum post about take-off trim. It's a factor of importance, but if the earthworms did their work correctly (as they always do, in 1200+ take-off I never had a problem with that) the settings are mostly so minute we only bother on short runways or adverse conditions. If anybody really thinks we know exactly how an aircraft is balanced on take-off they got more confidence then I got. Without making my job sound like a joke, we pull the stick when we are supposed to but if she does not want to rotate we just wait a few seconds until she does. It's like I got yesterday when i was flying your Abus online. A (great, do not get me wrong) controller told me to fly 245 knots on a heading of 221 degrees. Now I was battling crosswind (merde in FSX) and rather severe turbulence. I responded I got give him something close to 245 knots and something roughly 221 degrees.

It's the old VNAV story all over again. Your customers seem to think the whole European airspace revolves around what their flight computer tells them. In real live I can honestly say the last time we followed what the computer told me is months ago. Either we know better or the controllers know better. ToD is one thing, but the computer does not know the weather us marginal further on and we prefer a bit more speed (steeper descent) so we can slow down later. So we fly a few more minutes on cruise before pulling the alt knob. "

The earthworm comment is on my captain friends account, lol. I am sure he respects the ground crew very much.

• Aerosoft

and btw: you don't hear the "screaming" of the tires inside the cockpit (depending on the A/C type you might hear a bit in the cabin) in fact you don't hear anything (in fact you feel it...) except for the whole A/C shaking when hitting the ground a bit hardlaugh.gif

Oskar

No we do not have different effects for that. The amount of smoke depends on so many things (vspeed, hspeed, type of tarmac, temperature, tire brand, precipitation etc. ).

Besides, as said we made this addon from the pilots point of view, he does not see the smoke and if he hears the tires protest (I do think the low freqs are felt though) he has made a very bad landing. If somebody expects this kind of stuff from this addon we'll disappoint them.

The OS is not affected by the the CTD, no need to reboot. But FSX just gives up and closes without any error and that's the problem we got. We even know exactly at what command FSX shuts down, but the command is fine. Now most heavy addons suffer from this issue, I can mention at least 6 that do not allow you to close FSX without crashing. One of the things we learned to live with.

But to be clear, we stay 100% inside the FSX allotted memory, no leaks there. So the OS is not affected in any way. That would be a showstopper for sure. This is a big and nasty issue but as long as it does not affect flight it is not a showstopper for us. Might be for some folks but it's better they they know in advance right?

I've noticed that with some addons FSX crashes when shutting it down but because it doesn't harm system or FSX installation (I hope so) it is not a big deal for me. I don't even remember which addons are causing this crash. Good luck with your Airbus.

• Aerosoft

Well, I wish them all the best, but time is running fast for them since Aerosoft announced their FSX Bus (competitor for Basic Edition) and FSLabs hardcore version (competitor for Advanced version).

Different sim though, so far they only worked for FS2004 and our project and that of Leftaris will be FSX only. No matter what clever things have been done recently, there is no market for this kind of FS2004 products as I think Airsimmers found out. when they stopped paying their developers months before release (oh boy sure I will get a legal letter about that soon, lol).

• Upvote 2

Hi Mathijs, can you tell me if the CTD is happening when 'Detect crashes' is switched on within the FSX settings or not? I ask because I use 'AirHauler' a lot and to use the Bus with AirHauler it needs to monitor FSX. A CDT would hinder its use for me but not if the 'Detect Crashes' is switched off in FSX as 'AirHAuler' uses its own detection system, many thanks Christian.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs, can you tell me if the CTD is happening when 'Detect crashes' is switched on within the FSX settings or not? I ask because I use 'AirHauler' a lot and to use the Bus with AirHauler it needs to monitor FSX. A CDT would hinder its use for me but not if the 'Detect Crashes' is switched off in FSX as 'AirHAuler' uses its own detection system, many thanks Christian.

It only happens when the aircraft is reloaded (so after a crash or when you manually reload the aircraft (but who does that?)). Switching off crash detection prevents it but... yeah who wants that? We got very detailed crash points and g-load detection in the aircraft to detect things like tail strikes etc. Took me half an hour to find a way to overstress the aircraft btw, the flight rule system is rather robust, lol.

Different sim though, so far they only worked for FS2004 and our project and that of Leftaris will be FSX only. No matter what clever things have been done recently, there is no market for this kind of FS2004 products as I think Airsimmers found out. when they stopped paying their developers months before release (oh boy sure I will get a legal letter about that soon, lol).

Tee-Hee :D

• Upvote 1

Oskar

I personally think that the idea of custom tire smoke is an amazing idea. I've only seen like 1 addon that does it and I love it. Oops just saw the post saying it won't happen. Oh well.

It only happens when the aircraft is reloaded (so after a crash or when you manually reload the aircraft (but who does that?)). Switching off crash detection prevents it but... yeah who wants that? We got very detailed crash points and g-load detection in the aircraft to detect things like tail strikes etc. Took me half an hour to find a way to overstress the aircraft btw, the flight rule system is rather robust, lol.

Thats good news as you say not a show stopper :rolleyes:

Thats good news as you say not a show stopper rolleyes.gif

+1

I don't crash often; not botherd with the issue as it does not effect the realsim of the flight experience for me...glad the testing is continuing and moving on:)))) Thanks for keeping us posted!!

Simon

• Upvote 1

No we do not have different effects for that. The amount of smoke depends on so many things (vspeed, hspeed, type of tarmac, temperature, tire brand, precipitation etc. ).

Besides, as said we made this addon from the pilots point of view, he does not see the smoke and if he hears the tires protest (I do think the low freqs are felt though) he has made a very bad landing. If somebody expects this kind of stuff from this addon we'll disappoint them.

Of course nobody looks at the tires while landing... but for that we have wonderfull addon called FSRecorder... so after nice landing...parking... and finishing flight we can seat and enjoy once again landing from different perspective.

Real pilots like to watch and comment landings on tape or as photo ...example on "Airliners"

Will Airbus X include other 'buses like the A320,A319 and A318?

First Post:

A320 and A321 models, 8 liveries (for sure Air Berlin, Air France, Alitalia, Iberia etc, many more available as free downloads)

• Upvote 1

If you like to trim the aircraft perfectly it will for sure rotate better, but it's not a big deal actually. But as our load manager always loads the aircraft more or less stable, the actual effect is minimal. Of course CoG is finely tuned, any flight model without that is not worth looking at. Not even in an airbus. Believe me, many of these things seem far more important for simmer then they are for the real aircraft. Here is what I just got in the mail:

"Mathijs, regarding the forum post about take-off trim. It's a factor of importance, but if the earthworms did their work correctly (as they always do, in 1200+ take-off I never had a problem with that) the settings are mostly so minute we only bother on short runways or adverse conditions. If anybody really thinks we know exactly how an aircraft is balanced on take-off they got more confidence then I got. Without making my job sound like a joke, we pull the stick when we are supposed to but if she does not want to rotate we just wait a few seconds until she does. It's like I got yesterday when i was flying your Abus online. A (great, do not get me wrong) controller told me to fly 245 knots on a heading of 221 degrees. Now I was battling crosswind (merde in FSX) and rather severe turbulence. I responded I got give him something close to 245 knots and something roughly 221 degrees.

It's the old VNAV story all over again. Your customers seem to think the whole European airspace revolves around what their flight computer tells them. In real live I can honestly say the last time we followed what the computer told me is months ago. Either we know better or the controllers know better. ToD is one thing, but the computer does not know the weather us marginal further on and we prefer a bit more speed (steeper descent) so we can slow down later. So we fly a few more minutes on cruise before pulling the alt knob. "

The earthworm comment is on my captain friends account, lol. I am sure he respects the ground crew very much.

Thanks for taking the time to think about the issue, and obviously I have to respect the experiance of a RW pilot such as the one you quote, but you should also be aware that it is increasingly being considered a significant safety of flight issue by both manufacturers and regulators alike. I agree that it is probably not necessary for the basic version, but if you are keeping a wish list for the advanced update, could you pencil it in please? Here is a recent article which discusses the issues quite well Moment of Truth

• Aerosoft

Thanks for taking the time to think about the issue, and obviously I have to respect the experiance of a RW pilot such as the one you quote, but you should also be aware that it is increasingly being considered a significant safety of flight issue by both manufacturers and regulators alike. I agree that it is probably not necessary for the basic version, but if you are keeping a wish list for the advanced update, could you pencil it in please? Here is a recent article which discusses the issues quite well Moment of Truth

That's an amazing article, thanks for sharing the link!

But the few % differences that cause the problems in the article would be hardly noticable in FSX unfortunately. Where handling on the ground is kind of a joke in FS (we call it ice skating), rotation where the wheels are on the ground but the wings carry some of the load is not much better.

• Upvote 1

That's an amazing article, thanks for sharing the link!

But the few % differences that cause the problems in the article would be hardly noticable in FSX unfortunately. Where handling on the ground is kind of a joke in FS (we call it ice skating), rotation where the wheels are on the ground but the wings carry some of the load is not much better.

Hi Mathijs

I think were going a little to deep here, all i hope for the Aerosoft Airbus is some good solid numbers to fly with. I hate addons that leave you out in the cold in terms of Vspeeds and trim settings. It kinda ruins the whole thing.

A lot of addons give a rudimentary CofG or just the required trim setting for takeoff. Either or both will do.

Perhaps TOPCAT will do a performance file for the aerosoft bus, and all this will be taken care of!

Stuart

You should find the Airbus X gives you better fps than the J41.

It's the scenery addons you use that are going to have the more significant impact.

Chris

That's good news, thanks for posting! As it is, my FPS are getting better thanks to Jesus and his great tweaking. I will do some more experimenting, but have some hopes of having between 15 and 18 FPS at EHAM with the PMDG J41 in the end, which would mean a dream come true!

• Upvote 1

a little question: what is with the manual? will it be released befor the bus comes out, or not?

Yes, I'd also like to know that! Would leave to read it all before the Airbus is actually released!

• Upvote 1