Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Hi,

just a short question.

So, I don't really like the big, unrealistic and too bright landing lights of the Ai aircraft or "by user flown aircraft". Therefor I switched the option "landing lights are shown on the ground" off.

My question now: Will it be possible to see the lights of the Aerosoft Airbus even with this option off or do I have to activate it again?

It's a new technique and that's why I ask.

Best wiches,

Chris

• Upvote 1

I have an iPad and would to test out the new app for this

I believe if you search some of the Airbus topics, there was a PDF link to the file for the Ipad, Iphone, or other Smartphone device. Good luck in the search. cool.gif

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

On Mathjis Wed said August for definate for RC stage. They just have 1-2 bugs left. Maybe 1-3 weeks my guess; mid-end Aug smile.gif

We more or less accepted one of those bugs is the kind that we not find by debugging (we spend over 6 weeks on that now). As the sim goes CTD it can not be traced in any way so only experimenting and removing and adding code. Fortunately it only (and not always) happens when you crash the Airbus and in that way it could be seen as a incrementation of the realism. Still sure this will be sorted out but I'll no longer delay a release for it.

Right now we are adding all the bits to one beta late this weekend (beta testers, stay tuned for that) and we hope to get to a release candidate the week after that.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Have fun waiting a few years ;- )

Gents, please do not discuss Airsimmers here in any way.

We got no problem what so ever with it, but when we showed some comparison images they were quick to send us legal threats. Rather funny.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs

Looks great, can wait for the Bus!!

Could Takeoff Weight Center of gravity value and the resulting stabiliser trim value be added to this takeoff sheet?

This is something developers often leave out, its kinda important! Often end up rolling down the runway and at Vr you pull the stick back and either nothing happens or you go like a space rocket!

Would be nice to have the correct values for a smooth departure.

Regards

Stuart

No I don't think it should be on the load sheet. It's actually a surprisingly complex thing. What we do is balance the load always automatically, just like the airline staff would do. It's something the captain checks, but does not manage. What we will add is a indication on how far you can fly with the fuel load.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

just a short question.

So, I don't really like the big, unrealistic and too bright landing lights of the Ai aircraft or "by user flown aircraft". Therefor I switched the option "landing lights are shown on the ground" off.

My question now: Will it be possible to see the lights of the Aerosoft Airbus even with this option off or do I have to activate it again?

It's a new technique and that's why I ask.

Best wiches,

Chris

Yes our new lighting system is not connected to the default lights of FSX, it's all done in a completely different way.

We more or less accepted one of those bugs is the kind that we not find by debugging (we spend over 6 weeks on that now). As the sim goes CTD it can not be traced in any way so only experimenting and removing and adding code. Fortunately it only (and not always) happens when you crash the Airbus and in that way it could be seen as a incrementation of the realism. Still sure this will be sorted out but I'll no longer delay a release for it.

Right now we are adding all the bits to one beta late this weekend (beta testers, stay tuned for that) and we hope to get to a release candidate the week after that.

Thank you for the update!!!

Please tell me what does CTD means? Maybe my next question is rather stupid but what is a release candidate?

Thanks for the answer.

Peter

Peter - a CTD = Crash To Desktop, meaning the application has simply quit and you are left either at your normal desktop or with a non-working PC that must be rebooted.

Also, a Release Candidate refers to a software product that while in beta, is considered to be bug free enough to be released publically...having said that, a Release Candidate can still contain bugs :P

Peter - a CTD = Crash To Desktop, meaning the application has simply quit and you are left either at your normal desktop or with a non-working PC that must be rebooted.

Also, a Release Candidate refers to a software product that while in beta, is considered to be bug free enough to be released publically...having said that, a Release Candidate can still contain bugs :P

Thank you.

Release Candidate does this means that a couple of people are gonna test the airbus? Again I am not into this but is that not the same as beta?

Peter

Yes, it means ALL the beta testers will get to test the "release candidate"; again, a release candidate simply means that the product has matured from early alphas and betas to a version that the developers believe will be (hopefully) almost bug free and ready for public release. However, the release candidate still exists in beta only.

Yes, it means ALL the beta testers will get to test the "release candidate"; again, a release candidate simply means that the product has matured from early alphas and betas to a version that the developers believe will be (hopefully) almost bug free and ready for public release. However, the release candidate still exists in beta only.

Exactly as Robert says, see it as finetuning....

Mathijs, thanks for the info and the update.

Sounds like positive news to me. Ironic that it only happens if you crash the bus:)unsure.gif Glad it won't delay it any futher; been awhile since I crashed in FSX; and that's no testament to my flying ablity or lack there of:)

Cool, looking like August perhaps after all if all goes well. Fingers crossed!

Thanks again for the update,

Simon

Gents, please do not discuss Airsimmers here in any way.

We got no problem what so ever with it, but when we showed some comparison images they were quick to send us legal threats. Rather funny.

That is a good one. Next on target will be PC Pilot or AVSIM when they will do comparing articles for all buses available :) Ha ha ha :)

That is a good one. Next on target will be PC Pilot or AVSIM when they will do comparing articles for all buses available :) Ha ha ha :)

And don't forget Flightsim Labs. Looks like gents at Airsimmer are getting desperate.

No I don't think it should be on the load sheet. It's actually a surprisingly complex thing. What we do is balance the load always automatically, just like the airline staff would do. It's something the captain checks, but does not manage. What we will add is a indication on how far you can fly with the fuel load.

I take it you do not model CoG or Take off trim then? Are these on your list for the advanced version?

And don't forget Flightsim Labs. Looks like gents at Airsimmer are getting desperate.

I am sure their product will be great when it will be finished. All bugs can be solved. I almost bought their product once, but then I saw that it is for FS9 only :(

One quick question related to the load sheet: will be accessible directly from the cockpit let's say or before opening the FSX? Accessing (updating) directly from FSX will be better and easier, in my opinion.

the gents at airsimmer have been desperat for years,

i think they secretly wish they brought a FSX version out first, and then downgraded it to FS9,

talk about a company that pours inefficiency out by the bucket.

freedom of speech :) - only an opinion

Alex

Mathijs, can I ask a question related to performance? I'll be rather specific:

Taxiing around the PMDG J41 around your Schiphol scenery with gray and rainy weather and getting between 9 and 12 FPS depending on the direction I'm looking at; what FPS could I expect from the Airbus? I should add I do use REX, UTEX, GEX and MyTrafficX 5.3.

I would say it largely depends on your system. But if you have 9-12fps now I suggest you remove some addons or upgrade your system. I wouldn't want to fly with anything under 20fps, 20fps is ok'ish for flight sim, but first person shooters for example you would want 30fps or more

Mathijs, can I ask a question related to performance? I'll be rather specific:

Taxiing around the PMDG J41 around your Schiphol scenery with gray and rainy weather and getting between 9 and 12 FPS depending on the direction I'm looking at; what FPS could I expect from the Airbus? I should add I do use REX, UTEX, GEX and MyTrafficX 5.3.

You should find the Airbus X gives you better fps than the J41.

It's the scenery addons you use that are going to have the more significant impact.

Chris

Will it be included custom landing tyre smoke and sound?? Or we shall observe default FSX gigantic cloud of smoke and hear nothing.

Would be great if possible to make,... that amount of tyre smoke produced is somehow result of landing. Hard landing - lost of smoke (not like default)rolleyes.gif

Soft landing - nice small amount od tyre smoke

• Upvote 1