Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Hello to everyone,

this is my first post here. I have followed all the various threads and discussions about the Aerosoft Airbus X, and I hope I can contribute with this thread a little bit to the community.

My concern is, that I think that there is something wrong with the weight of the AC; at least what is shown in the planned load manager. There it shows a total weight of 58.872kg which

includes a payload of 7.919kg (passengers & cargo) and 13.553kg of fuel. After subtraction of payload and fuel the Dry Operating Weight (DOW) of the Aerosoft Airbus X results in 37.400kg.

This DOW is much too low for an Airbus A320-211! Airbus specifications show 37.230kg as the Minimum Weight for all A320-211 variants. The typical DOW of an A320-211 depends on the operator

and varies between 42.500 and 43.500kg. This is the referring weight to add fuel and payload. Hope that I gave a point for discussion.

Thanks

Joachim

• Upvote 2

Hello to everyone,

this is my first post here. I have followed all the various threads and discussions about the Aerosoft Airbus X, and I hope I can contribute with this thread a little bit to the community.

My concern is, that I think that there is something wrong with the weight of the AC; at least what is shown in the planned load manager. There it shows a total weight of 58.872kg which

includes a payload of 7.919kg (passengers & cargo) and 13.553kg of fuel. After subtraction of payload and fuel the Dry Operating Weight (DOW) of the Aerosoft Airbus X results in 37.400kg.

This DOW is much too low for an Airbus A320-211! Airbus specifications show 37.230kg as the Minimum Weight for all A320-211 variants. The typical DOW of an A320-211 depends on the operator

and varies between 42.500 and 43.500kg. This is the referring weight to add fuel and payload. Hope that I gave a point for discussion.

Thanks

Joachim

I would not worry too much as it Mathjis clearly states the load manager is not finished, so I am sure they know the correct weights etc. Maybe they are tweaking it and just showing us the interface not the actual weights that will be used? If not, maybe you spotted something good for them. I am sure they know what they are doing though! Welcome btw. rolleyes.gif

To avoid disappointment, you really should read "release in August" as "by the end of August". Next week it won't be wink.gif

We'll see what will happen in august.

We all know by now what a fantastic plane the Aerosoft A320 will be. However if you haven't flown using any products from FS2crew then most likely you are missing an additional realism fix. Simulating SOP procedures with a copilot and additional calls from flight attendants and ground crew its an addon you must have . How many V/pilots would like to see FS2crew do a voice controlled for A320? Byork from FS2crew has asked if we as customer suggest to Aerosoft that they include an SDK with the release, then he will do an A320 FS2crew voice control. So show your support for FS2crew and you will increase realism 100%.

Tony

I do my own sounds. But if they don't include SDK at the initial release; they may release it after they get the main relase out? Not too sure how much work that is; or if its done already; think they are working through the few final bugs as a priority so they can get the bus out.

I am sure not your friend! I will wait for Airsimmer, the cockpit looks better, too!

Lol!

As an Airsimmer ET Member i can tell very clearly it does not!

Aerosoft cockpit is very very real and ive flown in the real cockpit several times so im not speaking from my imagination...just look at those Airsimmer chairs in the cockpit or joystick and you'll know what i mean.

FS9 as far more limitations in polygons so it is impossible to reach Aerosoft quality right now.

Also please do adopt a more mature behavior cause ure not gonna have friends over here or make Aerosoft do a more complex systems version just because u keep making reference to Airsimmer.

We both know that Airsimmer product still has a lot of failures, needs a code overhaul and isnt working as the real aircraft, even tho it's systems are very good lookin and close to the real thing.

If the Aerosoft plane works as it should, with no CTDs and do the normal procedures it will sell for sure no matter if there are abnormal procedures and other kinds of complex things to simulate that only hardcore pilots appreciate.

I think that reaching the same level of FMGS complexity as PSS or Wilco with the good lookin 3D modelation would be a nice goal for Aerosoft to make this a success.

So if they ever go for a more advanced version, that would be the path in my opinion after their initial release...making it possible to enter LEGS directly instead of importing them and other kinds of things that are already implemented in competition products.

Regards

• Upvote 7

Hi Darryl,

Unfortunately, we don't take all of August off (at least not here in the UK!) sadly! Although we do have a public holiday (also known as Bank Holidays) here around the 30th (amazingly called Summer Bank Holiday!)

I used to work for a Canadian company a few years back and was amazed when I found out that they only got about 10 days vacation a year, 20 - 25 days plus public holidays is the average here! B)

25... not too much. Consider Luxembourg and workin in Banking industry - this year we got 36.5 days + public holidays and bank holidays. Beat that :) also if you do not take it all the same year you can transfet up to 5 days to next year like I did. Nice isn't it? And if you negotiate with your Boss you can move more and them take month or so to do some traveling ha ha ha!

It's 1st August here !

Will it be released today??

I wouldnt have thought so mate, we'd all love that to be the case, but i think the team are in the final stages off the products development!!!

Yes, towards the end of August is by far the most realistic scenario.

On Mathjis Wed said August for definate for RC stage. They just have 1-2 bugs left. Maybe 1-3 weeks my guess; mid-end Aug smile.gif

Mathijs said in May "1th August" :(

So he did. But, sometimes things don't go to plan. It isn't being deliberately delayed. The last couple of bugs are causing stability issues. Everyone is working hard to overcome the problem. When it comes to software development it's hard to put an exact deadline on completion.

Sure, Airbus X could be released today, but care to imagine the flavour of responses when your flight prematurely ends due to a bug?

Peoples patience on the whole has been good, and appreciated.

Patience is needed for a little while longer. Once sorted the Airbus will be released, and what's more it will be a worthwhile and justified release that will have an impact on the large aircraft addon market.

Chris

• Upvote 4

A proposed release in August means just that, and given that August in my calendar, and I guess everyone else's, is 31 days long, it could be released on any one of those days. Then again, an unforeseen problem may delay an August release... things like this happen in any type of project. It is all part of life's rich pageant.

I slipped a disc last week, I am unable to sit for more than 15 minutes at a go for the time being. As such, I have other things on my mind than when any software addon for anything is to be released :(

As has been said from Day One, the project will be finished when it is finished, and not before. It is of course very forthcoming of Aerosoft to give ballpark release date figures at all, for which we should be grateful. Many other developers simply ignore the forum members on this front...

Andrew

• Upvote 4

Mathijs said in May "1th August" :(

Because of the many disappointments the last 6 months I didn't had much faith in that date. I knew for sure something would come up for another delay. Since the May delay I count on a release in October, because other projects where aerosoft can make a lot of money can always pop up. We will see what happens in August.

Peter

I slipped a disc last week, I am unable to sit for more than 15 minutes at a go for the time being. As such, I have other things on my mind than when any software addon for anything is to be released :(

You're right; there are more important things then release dates. Hope you're up an running in no time m8.

Hi,

So will the FMC allow manual route planning? Or can it only import FS flight plans? When I got started with flight simulation a few weeks back on the Wilco and Airsimmer I feared the FMC, but now I start to enjoy programming it and learning...... The problem with the wilco is it's not as good looking as say the airsimmer, but the airsimmer has quite a few bugs that need to be sorted. So I was looking for a third addition, but im a bit put off that you say it won't to STAR/SID, but I have not used those yet anyway (nor do I fully understand them)

But I think it is important the the FMC is programmable with waypoints and airways, real routes, I think real routes are required anyway on VATSIM which I have not started on yet, not confident enough yet :P

So apart from my questons above will the aerosoft airbus be able to fly ILS CATIII Autoland?

cheers

• Upvote 3

Hi,

So will the FMC allow manual route planning? Or can it only import FS flight plans? When I got started with flight simulation a few weeks back on the Wilco and Airsimmer I feared the FMC, but now I start to enjoy programming it and learning...... The problem with the wilco is it's not as good looking as say the airsimmer, but the airsimmer has quite a few bugs that need to be sorted. So I was looking for a third addition, but im a bit put off that you say it won't to STAR/SID, but I have not used those yet anyway (nor do I fully understand them)

But I think it is important the the FMC is programmable with waypoints and airways, real routes, I think real routes are required anyway on VATSIM which I have not started on yet, not confident enough yet :P

So apart from my questons above will the aerosoft airbus be able to fly ILS CATIII Autoland?

cheers

From the first post in this thread "Full option to do the flight planning (airport, waypoints, cruise altitude) on the MCDU and the option to change these things in flight". As I recall, autoland was confirmed in another post.

Curt

• Upvote 4

Because of the many disappointments the last 6 months I didn't had much faith in that date. I knew for sure something would come up for another delay. Since the May delay I count on a release in October, because other projects where aerosoft can make a lot of money can always pop up. We will see what happens in August.

Peter

I feel August in some form or fashion sounds promising based Mathjis comments on Wednesday. They have the whole crew working on it again and the product is supposdly done minus a few bugs. I have a big fly squatter I can lend or give for that matter if that helps any...blink.gif I am working on my thesis in August and would have loved to do some flights in the background. Oh well maybe it would have all been too much distraction:) Fingers crossed anyhow for good ol Aerosoft to get it sorted out in August. I'm sure they want it out too so they can start working on other stuff and stop us going around the same stuff in these forums: ) lol

Simon

From the first post in this thread "Full option to do the flight planning (airport, waypoints, cruise altitude) on the MCDU and the option to change these things in flight". As I recall, autoland was confirmed in another post.

Curt

Your right I remember autoland being confirmed in some form or fashion too.rolleyes.gif

the airbus 'll have a NAV (VNAV for boeing ) ?

J.

check the latest 15 pages to find the answer. as usual here you get instantly a bad reputation for asking something. i'm really looking forward to see the result. it is also funny to see people counting the days to the product. some said, it will be released at the end of august or at the beginning of septmeber.

so, relax and get a life.

• Upvote 3