Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Hi Darryl,

Unfortunately, we don't take all of August off (at least not here in the UK!) sadly! Although we do have a public holiday (also known as Bank Holidays) here around the 30th (amazingly called Summer Bank Holiday!)

I used to work for a Canadian company a few years back and was amazed when I found out that they only got about 10 days vacation a year, 20 - 25 days plus public holidays is the average here! cool.gif

Yea, but I would take a MUCH higher standard of living and much better pay as provided in North America vs UK as well as far fewer people than the extra holidays they throw at you here. No comparison, in my mind, lived and worked in all three countries, but all have their good points and its all subjective to perosnal tastes anyhowrolleyes.gif The grocery and food system and public transport in the UK is second to none though. Love the food! Plus I like the UK weather and good health system depending on the day:)

Two cents anyhow....now back to Airbus talk...guess we are just waiting and now distracted talking about where we live and blah blah. I suppose in all my years of simming this is the most excited about a release besides costing and building my pc last year for FSX being the system hog that it is.

Common bus; we are ready and waiting for you!! lol

couldn't agree with you more!

I am really looking forward to this release.

Took me quite some time reading all the preview posts, but in the end it only made me more excited.biggrin.gif

love the balance in sytem depth. Visually it's the best I have seen so far. But e'm back to the topic. (sorry I just had to post my opinionunsure.gif )

William

• Upvote 1

couldn't agree with you more!

I am really looking forward to this release.

Took me quite some time reading all the preview posts, but in the end it only made me more excited.biggrin.gif

love the balance in sytem depth. Visually it's the best I have seen so far. But e'm back to the topic. (sorry I just had to post my opinionunsure.gif )

William

[/quote

Yea 100% agreed re:system depth balance, perfect for me as I still have not graduated from the default 737-800VC and Posky (hope I can say on the this forum) 737-700 merge I have been flying around for a year. The exterior visuals and the VC of the Aerosoft bus appear to look great and I am really greatful that Aerosoft is making this thing for my skill level and midlevel PC. The other way too advanced packages scare the heck out of me to be honest both in terms of FPS and 'complicatedness' for lack of a better word. Plus the time I would have to commit to learning all of the systems.

I have got TONS of scenery add-ons and love the eye candy stuff that brings my 4.0ghz system to sometimes 8-12 fps, so I don't want to even try a complicated aircract package!! At this stage, my preference is in the flying environment and all the scenery bits and bobs we can put in!!

So yea good on them for making this thing for us!!rolleyes.gif

When it will be released ?

On the 1th August ?blush.gif

he he.... don't dream too much..... you'll not see this bird in the download section before at least 2 weeks...

Yea, but I would take a MUCH higher standard of living and much better pay as provided in North America vs UK as well as far fewer people than the extra holidays they throw at you here. No comparison, in my mind, lived and worked in all three countries, but all have their good points and its all subjective to perosnal tastes anyhowrolleyes.gif The grocery and food system and public transport in the UK is second to none though. Love the food! Plus I like the UK weather and good health system depending on the day:)

Having never lived in the US, I can't comment on the standard of living etc, but whenever I've looked at job sites over there for my job, the salaries have always been pretty similar, may be a bit more, but not by a great deal, anyway doesn't really matter as I like my holidays, and am unlikely to emigrate in the forseable future! smile.gif

he he.... don't dream too much..... you'll not see this bird in the download section before at least 2 weeks...

And what is the source of your knowledge?

hey,

does anyone know if it will be possible to "fuse" the aerosoft and the airsimmer airbus (if the advanced version will come out in a few hundred years :lol:)?

aerosoft is very good in graphics, but they did the systems of the airbus in a way that they can easily be used by beginners, but there may be a few hunderd simmers who want to have an aerosoft bus with a systemdepth of a real airbus, so i would consider to "fuse" the 2 add-ons.

so does anyone know if it will be posible to make the not simulated knobs in the aerosoft airbus working when fusing those 2 aircrafts?

same for the upcoming FSL airbus (even if they'll need quite a long time to finish their project^^)

i'm not sure if it is allowed to tell about other developers projects, so if the admins don't like this post please delete it!

or isn't that needed because the advanced version of the aerosoft airbus will give us everything the "hardcore-simmer" wants :huh:?

regards

Emi

hey,

does anyone know if it will be possible to "fuse" the aerosoft and the airsimmer airbus (if the advanced version will come out in a few hundred years :lol:)?

aerosoft is very good in graphics, but they did the systems of the airbus in a way that they can easily be used by beginners, but there may be a few hunderd simmers who want to have an aerosoft bus with a systemdepth of a real airbus, so i would consider to "fuse" the 2 add-ons.

so does anyone know if it will be posible to make the not simulated knobs in the aerosoft airbus working when fusing those 2 aircrafts?

same for the upcoming FSL airbus (even if they'll need quite a long time to finish their project^^)

i'm not sure if it is allowed to tell about other developers projects, so if the admins don't like this post please delete it!

or isn't that needed because the advanced version of the aerosoft airbus will give us everything the "hardcore-simmer" wants :huh:?

regards

Emi

Hmmm that would be interesting. But isn't Aerosoft coming out with a more advanced version later this or early next year? I coulda sworn I read something about that.

-Matt

Hmmm that would be interesting. But isn't Aerosoft coming out with a more advanced version later this or early next year? I coulda sworn I read something about that.

-Matt

Yes, Mathijs has stated they are considering an advanced version.

Bob L

hey,

does anyone know if it will be possible to "fuse" the aerosoft and the airsimmer airbus (if the advanced version will come out in a few hundred years laugh.gif)?

or isn't that needed because the advanced version of the aerosoft airbus will give us everything the "hardcore-simmer" wants huh.gif?

regards

Emi

Seems like a lot of 'what if questions' at this stage if you ask me. I would suggest get this bus out first and wait until god knows for the other bus you are talking of and then pose the question? Maybe a little to early right now. But I am no expert on merging aircraft models etc etc... But both of the products you are talking about aren't out yet.

And what is the source of your knowledge?

Hi Chris,

Well that's just a feeling that I have.... after reading Mathijs last post, these last things that need to be fixed can't be done in 2 days....

Greg

Hi Chris,

Well that's just a feeling that I have.... after reading Mathijs last post, these last things that need to be fixed can't be done in 2 days....

Greg

Ah, ok.

In complexity of systems it is somewhere between the default aircraft and the expensive high end stuff

Just curious, how do you define "High end stuff"? I don't think I've ever seen a high end Airbus addon on the market right now.

Just curious, how do you define "High end stuff"? I don't think I've ever seen a high end Airbus addon on the market right now.

Airsimmer was/is defined as high end, but ehm....well...., let's say it should be a high end ( and working ) Airbus.

Hi Chris,

Greg

You are perfectly right. Based on his statement on difficult to isolate bugs, release is possible mid August. :(

Airsimmer was/is defined as high end, but ehm....well...., let's say it should be a high end ( and working ) Airbus.

lol I wouldn't call the Basic edition to be anywhere near high end, even without the bugs it's pretty useless in the FMGS/Autoflight department and lack basic functionality such as time compression or the ability to save/load flights and flightplans. (Good luck if you have a CTD)

lol I wouldn't call the Basic edition to be anywhere near high end, even without the bugs it's pretty useless in the FMGS/Autoflight department and lack basic functionality such as time compression or the ability to save/load flights and flightplans. (Good luck if you have a CTD)

Well, you're right. The "Bug"..sorry...the "Basic"-Edition is not really a product of high end or even of high quality.

I stopped using the Fs2004 for a long time now, and no I never had the AS Stuff on my computer. But my colleague has had it. He often said something of CTDs and other malfunctions.

I don't want to go in further details, you all can imagine what I'm thinking of this kind of "aircraft".

Good night,

Chris

You are perfectly right. Based on his statement on difficult to isolate bugs, release is possible mid August. sad.gif

Hi,

don't be so negative. Hope for a release in the first week of august. As long as Mr. Kok don't announces a further delay, 1st week of august is still possilbe.

Hi,

don't be so negative. Hope for a release in the first week of august. As long as Mr. Kok don't announces a further delay, 1st week of august is still possilbe.

Lets hope its soon. Got all my sounds and scenery ready to go for just this aircraft; been a waiting for a while for this one, sounds like its coming along though and hopefully early Aug for the download is still possible:))

Hi,

Why in aerosoft website french division http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/fr/iboshop.cgi?show450,5571789730

in preview , in french reservé ,there don't are the Airbus aerosoft X

thanks Jules

They probably forgot to add it to the french aerosoft website. I wouldn't worry about it. They most likely will fix that before the download release of the Airbus X.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

To avoid disappointment, you really should read "release in August" as "by the end of August". Next week it won't be wink.gif

We are closing in on an Release Candidate but got a few very difficult bugs to smash. One of them is very illusive and so far we don;t even know where to look. Last stages, always hard. Rest assured the whole team is on it full time now.

we also decide on adding a load manager, image attached. It's not complete because we still have to add a few things, like an indication how far the fuel load will take you, as a direct service to the less experienced customers this product is aimed at.

LOADMASTER.jpg

Hi Mathijs

Looks great, can wait for the Bus!!

Could Takeoff Weight Center of gravity value and the resulting stabiliser trim value be added to this takeoff sheet?

This is something developers often leave out, its kinda important! Often end up rolling down the runway and at Vr you pull the stick back and either nothing happens or you go like a space rocket!

Would be nice to have the correct values for a smooth departure.

Regards

Stuart

We all know by now what a fantastic plane the Aerosoft A320 will be. However if you haven't flown using any products from FS2crew then most likely you are missing an additional realism fix. Simulating SOP procedures with a copilot and additional calls from flight attendants and ground crew its an addon you must have . How many V/pilots would like to see FS2crew do a voice controlled for A320? Byork from FS2crew has asked if we as customer suggest to Aerosoft that they include an SDK with the release, then he will do an A320 FS2crew voice control. So show your support for FS2crew and you will increase realism 100%.

Tony