Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Guest Hirth

Release is for sure in August.

We aim directly at the large group of people that like realism but do not need stuff like full implemented APU fires (that actually never happened on a Airbus A32x in the many7 millions of hours it has flown now).

I do not know if you know for what real pilots use the flightsim so I will tell you . They are simulating abnormal situation which are not comming up very often in real! rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 3

I assume that due to the shape of the overwing exit they couldn't have the shade slide down, so it slides up instead

Here's a better shot: http://www.airliners...-132/1051018/L/

Now it becomes obvious why the shade slides from the bottom up of the window and it has nothing to do with safety but aesthetics and logical engineering solution to accommodate to it.

Cheers,

MAB

I do not know if you know for what real pilots use the flightsim so I will tell you . They are simulating abnormal situation which are not comming up very often in real!

Sounds like something I would turn off anyway if it Airbus X had that functionality. FSX does a poor job of simulating stuff like that in my experience and tends to be buggy and more annoying than its worth to undertake it! Guess I am not a real pilot but a guy who likes to fly on my pc from time to time lolrolleyes.gif

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the load manager. I notice on the bottom left corner takeoff sheet is this printable ,also will there be charted V speeds and the ability to do flex takeoffs. Regarding the fmc will it have the ability to tell you the approx time to next way points.

• Aerosoft

I assume that due to the shape of the overwing exit they couldn't have the shade slide down, so it slides up instead

Here's a better shot: http://www.airliners...-132/1051018/L/

Right! Thanks for the info I'll have it changed.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I do not know if you know for what real pilots use the flightsim so I will tell you . They are simulating abnormal situation which are not comming up very often in real! rolleyes.gif

So you think that real Airbus pilots will use FSX to train abnormal procedures?

I know some developers might like to say so, but let me assure you that a pilot who would do so would be in major problems with his employer. Training of these things has to be done under very strict and confined conditions to make any sense. If not done so it's highly dangerous. Pilots know that, they are on the whole well educated and intelligent people.

• Upvote 6

Guest Hirth

Yes but we users cannot afford a professionel Simulator like the real one! So Why not giving us the chance to simulate

These things in fsx? That is the point here!

• Upvote 1

Yes but we users cannot afford a professionel Simulator like the real one! So Why not giving us the chance to simulate

You intimated that professional pilots use FSX for training. That was your point.

Mathijs has made it clear that this product is not aimed at advanced users. So, simulating rare failure modes is not of interest here.

Even if the concept was considered it is doubtful that FSX could accurately reflect the changes in control surface response, flight dynamics, stress on the airframe.

That would require an immense amount of complex modelling, far beyond the development cost of the average flight sim market. No doubt parameters would be involved that FSX hasn't been designed to accept.

It would be fun to attempt emergency situations. But there just wouldn't be any realism at a reasonable cost.

Chris

• Upvote 3

The Aerosoft 'bus is not the one you want, there is another one being developed by a different developer which is supposed to have highly simulated systems and is aimed at the advanced simmer, this is probably more what you're looking for. Not sure if the forum rules would permit me to mention who the developer is, but lets just say that they recently released a famous pointy-nosed supersonic airliner!

• Upvote 1

Like Chris said, that´s not possible.

I´ve been in many different Full Flight Sims in the last seven years and had also

some chances to simulate engine failures, loss of hydraulics and strong crosswinds, etc etc.

Believe me, a PC-based simulator like FSX cannot calculate the complex physics

behind those abnormal situations.

Compared with professional sims, FSX is an eyecandy game.

If professional pilots use personal computers for training, then just so called

CBT´s (computer based training) to simulate system failures or the FMC/FCU etc.,

but not to simulate flight dynamics.

Timo

• Upvote 6

Like Chris said, that´s not possible.

I´ve been in many different Full Flight Sims in the last seven years and had also

some chances to simulate engine failures, loss of hydraulics and strong crosswinds, etc etc.

Believe me, a PC-based simulator like FSX cannot calculate the complex physics

behind those abnormal situations.

Compared with professional sims, FSX is an eyecandy game.

If professional pilots use personal computers for training, then just so called

CBT´s (computer based training) to simulate system failures or the FMC/FCU etc.,

but not to simulate flight dynamics.

Timo

Hi!! guys, this is my first post, my name is Esteban and I´m from spain, I think that you are doing a incredible work in this Airbus, I,m wish that the plan been realised. I´m waitin to buy

regards

• Upvote 2

a little question: what is with the manual? will it be released befor the bus comes out, or not?

regards

Emi

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

My good friend, we are certainly willing to start a project that might be able to certified by the EASA and JAA in at least part of the systems. Will costs a few hundred thousands dollars though!

I think you don't fully understand the scope of this project but it might be a good idea to scroll back a few pages. I am sure there will be other Airbus projects that will be more detailed, I think those would suit you better. This project is in all aspects intended for customers like me, who like to fly complex aircraft without having to read 500 pages.

• Upvote 14

Guest Hirth

My good friend, we are certainly willing to start a project that might be able to certified by the EASA and JAA in at least part of the systems. Will costs a few hundred thousands dollars though!

I think you don't fully understand the scope of this project but it might be a good idea to scroll back a few pages. I am sure there will be other Airbus projects that will be more detailed, I think those would suit you better. This project is in all aspects intended for customers like me, who like to fly complex aircraft without having to read 500 pages.

I am sure not your friend! I will wait for Airsimmer, the cockpit looks better, too!

I am sure not your friend! I will wait for Airsimmer, the cockpit looks better, too!

I just don't see the point... Bye...

• Upvote 4

Oh, oh, oh, at least please try to behave respectful on this forum. Please don´t forget that this

is a forum of aerosoft and THEIR products and you are a guest. Nobody forces you to read this forum

or join the discussions.

If you like the upcoming aerosoft Airbus, you are welcome to bring in your thoughts, questions and

ideas, but there is no space and no need for discredit...

Timo

+1 Timo

• Upvote 4

Just curious, is the Airbus coming by the end of July (or has it been moved to September) since Europe is on holiday for the entire month of August or as this changed recently? :o

I would like to thank the repainters for indicating their work is based on the actual aircraft from photographs rather then freelance dirt-clogs! :)

Darryl

Now Hirth is gone can someone answer my question from the previous page or I am going to Airsimmers as well and I will wait 4 years for a product that everyone complains about and then I will wait another year for a patch that everyone complains about and then I will simulate an APU fire and then never use the failure system again. No I think I will be better off here. If you have trouble at the start with a developer ( or anything) don't be surprise if you have trouble at the end. Now lets stop talking about Airsimmer etc and start talking about Aerosofts A320. ( comments by this person may or may not be taking seriously)

Tony

• Upvote 1

Just curious, is the Airbus coming by the end of July (or has it been moved to September) since Europe is on holiday for the entire month of August or as this changed recently? ohmy.gif

I would like to thank the repainters for indicating their work is based on the actual aircraft from photographs rather then freelance dirt-clogs!

Darryl

Darryl,

Mathjis said Wed:

Release is for sure in August.

He also said on Wed:

Last stages, always hard. Rest assured the whole team is on it full time now.

So it is still set for Aug release. Maybe the download in 1-2 weeks we can hope based on the above recent comments:) smile.gif

BTW, I lived in Houston for 20 years and 6 years here in the UK and love the European holidays; sure beats the 10 days a year I used to get. They used to have to force me to take leave when I first moved here!! It is hard to pin point people in August, but the tubes are quieter!! lol.

I lived in LA for a year and half after graduation and loved to spot at LAX. My favorite airport with the Beaches of the end of the runways. Enjoy it! I sure miss it.

• Upvote 1

Just curious, is the Airbus coming by the end of July (or has it been moved to September) since Europe is on holiday for the entire month of August or as this changed recently? :o

I would like to thank the repainters for indicating their work is based on the actual aircraft from photographs rather then freelance dirt-clogs! :)

Darryl

Hi Darryl,

Unfortunately, we don't take all of August off (at least not here in the UK!) sadly! Although we do have a public holiday (also known as Bank Holidays) here around the 30th (amazingly called Summer Bank Holiday!)

I used to work for a Canadian company a few years back and was amazed when I found out that they only got about 10 days vacation a year, 20 - 25 days plus public holidays is the average here! B)