Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

thx a lot for many times reports, Mathijs! great review service ;)

Aerosoft reported: "..exact implementation of all systems (except the most complex FMC functions)"

Let's forget the FMC. I'm looking especially for the systems. Precisely how they are implemented? A complete simulation? Which systems are simulated? Are Action memos available if i lost any system or have problems on board (f.e. high oil temperature), so the FWC (Flight Warning Computer) give me orders, what to do? or if i lost the green hydraulic system, I can not extend the landing gear then? RAT or emergency generator also available?

here is an example, what i means with action memos:

post-3524-1244484005.jpg

I am grateful for any information

greetings

Philip

??? from where have you got the picture of the EWD? and is that the Aerosoft Airbus?

to your question: this has been discussed a few month ago, i think.

that systems are made in that way, that you can do what a real airbus pilot does when he flys the aircraft in normal operations. Aerosoft saied already that they aren't so good in simulation fails, and so they have only cared about the failiours which can be done with the normal FSX fail menu. but those should be done quite realistic, as far as i know.

and no, not all systems are simulated, and those which are there aren't in "PMDG quality", but i think the systems are good.

so i can imagine that fi you have some problems with the engines there would be the correct action memo, but the thing with the green hydraulic system isn't going to work (but i'm not a beta tester, so that i can't proof this, but i'm following the airbus discussions for quite a long time, and so i can say these thing, if i haven't missed something... :D)

and a last thing: in the magazine "flightxpress" was a preview of the airbus X and there they saied something like this: "die systeme die ich testen konnte, funktionieren so, wie ich es dem Manual entnehmen kann, Interessant hierbei ist zum Beispiel das Warnsystem, welches bei einem Defekt automatisch die korrekten Bildschirmseiten präsentiert. Auch die Chacklisten sind teilweise verhanden." (quote from the original german article)

in english that would be: "the systems i could test, functioned like it is saied in the manual. intresting is for example the warning system, which displays the correct pages automaticly, if something fails. even the checklists are partly there.

the article is from april, so there could have been done something more by aerosoft in the time after this has been written.

i hope i've been able to help you a little

regards

Emi

Sweet I will add this to the collection of PMDG's. I have high hopes for this plane. Being a real world pilot I enjoy the more advanced aircraft. cant wait to see how this one pans out.

??? from where have you got the picture of the EWD? and is that the Aerosoft Airbus?

to your question: this has been discussed a few month ago, i think.

that systems are made in that way, that you can do what a real airbus pilot does when he flys the aircraft in normal operations. Aerosoft saied already that they aren't so good in simulation fails, and so they have only cared about the failiours which can be done with the normal FSX fail menu. but those should be done quite realistic, as far as i know.

and no, not all systems are simulated, and those which are there aren't in "PMDG quality", but i think the systems are good.

so i can imagine that fi you have some problems with the engines there would be the correct action memo, but the thing with the green hydraulic system isn't going to work (but i'm not a beta tester, so that i can't proof this, but i'm following the airbus discussions for quite a long time, and so i can say these thing, if i haven't missed something... :D)

and a last thing: in the magazine "flightxpress" was a preview of the airbus X and there they saied something like this: "die systeme die ich testen konnte, funktionieren so, wie ich es dem Manual entnehmen kann, Interessant hierbei ist zum Beispiel das Warnsystem, welches bei einem Defekt automatisch die korrekten Bildschirmseiten präsentiert. Auch die Chacklisten sind teilweise verhanden." (quote from the original german article)

in english that would be: "the systems i could test, functioned like it is saied in the manual. intresting is for example the warning system, which displays the correct pages automaticly, if something fails. even the checklists are partly there.

the article is from april, so there could have been done something more by aerosoft in the time after this has been written.

i hope i've been able to help you a little

regards

Emi

well I have to add something: I interpret this article a little different. "If something fails" refers to the pages that are displayed in the event of a failure, i.e. hydraulic systems failure --> you can see the hydraulics page then. "even some checklists are displayed". I believe Mathijs said something about not implementing any action memos as they want to focus on the normal operation of the airplane. I think the author of the article was referring to the T/O memos and the landing memos that are displayed checklist-wise.

Cheers

Mat

thx a lot for many times reports, Mathijs! great review service ;)

Aerosoft reported: "..exact implementation of all systems (except the most complex FMC functions)"

Let's forget the FMC. I'm looking especially for the systems. Precisely how they are implemented? A complete simulation? Which systems are simulated? Are Action memos available if i lost any system or have problems on board (f.e. high oil temperature), so the FWC (Flight Warning Computer) give me orders, what to do? or if i lost the green hydraulic system, I can not extend the landing gear then? RAT or emergency generator also available?

I am grateful for any information

greetings

Philip

Hello Philip

This is not implemented. I don't know for the future, but it's not included in the most recent beta, and I haven't heard plans for it yet.

• Aerosoft

The taxi lighting looks fantastic how about some screens of the landing lights turned on. Also you have not shown us nighttime exterior views of the aircraft.

Still wondering about dirt on the exterior, are all aircraft going to be dirty (as shown on your previews) or are there going to be clean birds too (see example below)?

Darryl

Something in between. Making them a bit cleaner and more reflective does help with the 3d effects though.

• Aerosoft

well I have to add something: I interpret this article a little different. "If something fails" refers to the pages that are displayed in the event of a failure, i.e. hydraulic systems failure --> you can see the hydraulics page then. "even some checklists are displayed". I believe Mathijs said something about not implementing any action memos as they want to focus on the normal operation of the airplane. I think the author of the article was referring to the T/O memos and the landing memos that are displayed checklist-wise.

Cheers

Mat

All the text displayed that you would see in normal use (like incorrect take-off configuration etc) is there, but we put very little emphasis on failures. We played with the idea to call it realistic and hope no user would ever fly 50.000 hours and start to note he did not yet have a full engine failure but that would be cheating (though fun). We could also say the RAT is fully modeled and would deploy when needed, on average would need to fly close to a million hours to see that happen (it actually only happened one single time in the real aircraft).

• Aerosoft

Great Job !!!

What about check-list with an iPad ??

Funny, just had a mail from an AirFrance pilot asking the same.

But the correctly formatted PDF files for all these platforms will be available upon release. If only because I want them.

• Upvote 1

The taxi lighting looks fantastic how about some screens of the landing lights turned on. Also you have not shown us nighttime exterior views of the aircraft.

Still wondering about dirt on the exterior, are all aircraft going to be dirty (as shown on your previews) or are there going to be clean birds too (see example below)?

07152010lax1032.jpg

Darryl

Arnt the window blinds supposed to be up for landings and take offs???????

Arnt the window blinds supposed to be up for landings and take offs???????

.... unless it's a non commercial delivery flight....

• Upvote 1

i really wanna fly the airbus x and i've been waiting so long for that...and now if it really get's released on aug 1st, i'm going to drive in holidays. and there i don't have internet :mad:!!!

is it possible that it gets out one day earlyer??? otherwise the holiday gets BORING.:D

• Upvote 2

i really wanna fly the airbus x and i've been waiting so long for that...and now if it really get's released on aug 1st, i'm going to drive in holidays. and there i don't have internet :mad:!!!

is it possible that it gets out one day earlyer??? otherwise the holiday gets BORING.:D

early august if not the first, and thats what it looks like.

early august if not the first, and thats what it looks like.

yep, seems so...

hopefully there woun't be another delay, so that i can fly the airbus really when coming from holidays!

but at the moment it dosen't look like there is one, right Mathijs?

regards

Emi

@emi, please be patient and wait for new info.... Mathijs is not the developper... Don't worry that when there will be new information it will be posted here ;)

• Upvote 2

@emi, please be patient and wait for new info.... Mathijs is not the developper... Don't worry that when there will be new information it will be posted here ;)

of cause not, but he is the projectmanager and so he has much to do with the project.

oh, and of cause the developers aren't in this forum (at least i've not "seen" 'em here) and so he's the person we have to ask^^

but of cause many thanks to him for his great work here, we should give a party at andras field for him somewhen in the future ^_^

that would be a way to say thank you to him for this great support we're getting here

regards

Emi

Hi Mathijs,

I would like know If the Airbus aerosoft X 'll to be the same quality or a bit below of a PMDG product ?

If the Airbus Aerosoft will to be better than Airbus Wilco ?

and , Do you thinks the airbus 'll to be relase in download version this month or in august ?

thanks Mathijs

Jules

• Upvote 1

@ Mathijs and all the potential video posters:

If you see any chance to upload a video from engine start inside the cockpit I would be so glad. I don't know if someone else has this problem, but i.e. I downloaded TSS sounds for the wilco busses and those are really great. But I have the same problem with all the sounds during engine start: in the moment when the fuel valve opens and the "real ignition" starts the sound is very bad. It lags and stutters and stuff like that. This is not only with Wilco busses, it happens quite often on different PCs and with different a/c. It seems to me that during the pre-ignition phase one soundfile is beeing played and from the moment on of the "real ignition" there's another soundfile beeing played. The transition from one soundfile to the other soundfile is pretty bad.

And that's why I'd love to see if you managed to solve this problem.

Cheers

Mat

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs,

I would like know If the Airbus aerosoft X 'll to be the same quality or a bit below of a PMDG product ?

If the Airbus Aerosoft will to be better than Airbus Wilco ?

and , Do you thinks the airbus 'll to be relase in download version this month or in august ?

thanks Mathijs

Jules

as stated many times in previous threads, the airbus caters to those who find the default aircraft to simple, but PMDG and such too complex. there is supposed to be a later paid upgrade for complex systems, but don't take my word for it, I'm just telling what i have read from following the forums. it all depends on what kind of 'better' you mean. in my opinion this airbus has visual elements unparalleled to the other A32X addons available. the systems will probably not be as detailed as PMDG standards in this first release, but I'm what is modeled will be exceptional. the download release looks like it will be in august sometime. I'm not Mathijs, but thats my word on it. remember READ THE EARLIER POSTS! it says it all :)

• Upvote 2

as stated many times in previous threads, the airbus caters to those who find the default aircraft to simple, but PMDG and such too complex. there is supposed to be a later paid upgrade for complex systems, but don't take my word for it, I'm just telling what i have read from following the forums. it all depends on what kind of 'better' you mean. in my opinion this airbus has visual elements unparalleled to the other A32X addons available. the systems will probably not be as detailed as PMDG standards in this first release, but I'm what is modeled will be exceptional. the download release looks like it will be in august sometime. I'm not Mathijs, but thats my word on it. remember READ THE EARLIER POSTS! it says it all :)

ok thanks , and i sorry i haven't seen this

good day

J.

• Upvote 1