Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Mathijs:

Stick by your guns Mathijs and the malcontent SID/STARS and 2D move one.

Any chance to make another YouTube but this time with standard external views (press S again and again only). I hate the MSFS views used by them where someone glue/stick his/her right ear to the fuselage in a forward view that includes the root of the wing. Ugly. Change the test pilot too, he/she is a crummy sim-pilot. Show the nose and rear wheels at 10 knots while taxing. Get a better PC with Windows 7 x64 too. Include better takeoff and landing correctly. Looks good and very appealing but I just want to make sure.

Go after the A318 and A319 before making more complicated nav improvements. It is a waste of time trying to make the FMC or FMS like the real thing in MSFS. We want to flight so make sure the VC Panel is friendly to users against the MSFS-BS that kept all versions of MSFS as arcade toy games. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SIMULATOR!!! Sorry Mathijs. I just let go my old frustrations with MSFS for a sec.

Cheers,

MAB

Mathijs:

Stick by your guns Mathijs and the malcontent SID/STARS and 2D move one.

Any chance to make another YouTube but this time with standard external views (press S again and again only). I hate the MSFS views used by them where someone glue/stick his/her right ear to the fuselage in a forward view that includes the root of the wing. Ugly. Change the test pilot too, he/she is a crummy sim-pilot. Show the nose and rear wheels at 10 knots while taxing. Get a better PC with Windows 7 x64 too. Include better takeoff and landing correctly. Looks good and very appealing but I just want to make sure.

Go after the A318 and A319 before making more complicated nav improvements. It is a waste of time trying to make the FMC or FMS like the real thing in MSFS. We want to flight so make sure the VC Panel is friendly to users against the MSFS-BS that kept all versions of MSFS as arcade toy games. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SIMULATOR!!! Sorry Mathijs. I just let go my old frustrations with MSFS for a sec.

Cheers,

MAB

MAB,

Thank you for your comments. I will dedicate my next Airbus X video to you, made with my substandard PC wink.gif

For educational purposes, as this project is now at a mature stage, I will let you know that at the time those videos were made Airbus X's flight dynamics were still been perfected and it was a challenge to keep the plane in the air. It was very sensitive!

I'm not hurt by your comments, in fact quite amused as you have no idea of the evolution of the project. And besides, the videos weren't aimed at flying perfection, far from it; at times I was sloppy for dramatic effect. I wasn't too concerned with perfection, just showing the aircraft.

Some people like simple shots, others have criticised that the shots haven't been dynamic or tight enough.

I've learnt I can't please everyone. As these are unofficial videos, I mainly make what I'm happy with and at least the public are getting a view of Airbus X, even if it is just from my perspective.

Happy flying.

Chris

• Upvote 4

Sorry Chris:

I didn't know about the AirbusX until yesterday and therefore didn't know how long ago in the project the videos were made. Apply flaps 2 wait until 155 clicks and slowly raise the nose up to 10 degrees, confirm positive lift raise the landing gear and increase the angle to 18 degrees max. Same on landings. Keep the plane horizontally no need to keep the nose pitching up until the count from 50, 40,..., Retard, Retard when you reduce throttle and gently raise the nose no more than 18 degrees again. That should do the trick. The airplane flies itself you just tell it what you want, where, when and how.

Is the 1st of August still standing for the release???

Cheers,

MAB

Sorry Chris:

I didn't know about the AirbusX until yesterday and therefore didn't know how long ago in the project the videos were made. Apply flaps 2 wait until 155 clicks and slowly raise the nose up to 10 degrees, confirm positive lift raise the landing gear and increase the angle to 18 degrees max. Same on landings. Keep the plane horizontally no need to keep the nose pitching up until the count from 50, 40,..., Retard, Retard when you reduce throttle and gently raise the nose no more than 18 degrees again. That should do the trick. The airplane flies itself you just tell it what you want, where, when and how.

Is the 1st of August still standing for the release???

Cheers,

MAB

No, that's not going to help him. He knows what he is doing, but as he said, the FDE was being tweaked which made the plane hard to fly. It does not come down to his piloting skills, therefore, but to the flyability of the addon itself. This is all supposedly fixed now, so the next video will show you nicer takeoffs.

• Upvote 1

Hi. Yes the GPWS is implemented on Airbus X.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any possiblity of turning it off?

I want it to be friendly and not to call me a retard! B)

Any possiblity of turning it off?

I want it to be friendly and not to call me a retard! B)

To avoid being called a "retard" just pull the levers back to idle in advance... :P

Timo

Keep the plane horizontally no need to keep the nose pitching up until the count from 50, 40,..., Retard, Retard when you reduce throttle and gently raise the nose no more than 18 degrees again.

OOUUUCH! Better not act on his advice, Chris. 18 degrees pitch on touchdown makes some nice fireworks on your tail skid....

But BTW, would be a nice visual effect to add....

Timo

Could you please elaborate on the Shared Cockpit??? Would it use its own TCP/IP setup to connect? I currently use the Leonardo Maddog and it has a brilliant shared cockpit via TCP/IP, where every switch is shared, even writing on the FMS can be seen by the other pilot as it happens.

Will the new Airbus be the same?

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Could you please elaborate on the Shared Cockpit??? Would it use its own TCP/IP setup to connect? I currently use the Leonardo Maddog and it has a brilliant shared cockpit via TCP/IP, where every switch is shared, even writing on the FMS can be seen by the other pilot as it happens.

Will the new Airbus be the same?

Thanks

No, you are really misunderstanding the intended customer if you expect something like this. As said so many times before, this is positioned between the default aircraft and the high end addons. Directly aimed at customers who find the high end aircraft too complex and the default aircraft to simple. We feel however there is no reason a less complex aircraft has to be less good looking!

OOUUUCH! Better not act on his advice, Chris. 18 degrees pitch on touchdown makes some nice fireworks on your tail skid....

But BTW, would be a nice visual effect to add....

Timo

May I also add; The flare begins at approximately 20 feet. Do not delay the touchdown with a prolonged float. Tail strike occurs at approximately 12° degrees of pitch with the landing gear compressed. (de-crag technique should be used for crosswind landings)

D

As we got less resources needed for systems, we got some more for looks!

but when the advanced version comes out you will need some resources for the systems, so is there the possibility to make a tool with which we can turn off some of the effects? (just for the case that it'll take to much resources, even if you've saied many times that the FPS is VERY good in your airbus, but i'm just thinking about the advanced version, which will need some more resoureces)

so please, and even if it looks super, as you've proofed many times, don't ONLY look to the early (standard) version -_-...

btw: the screenshot looks super, it's always amazing to see what can be done if the correct developer sits in the right place:lol:

regards

Emi

• Upvote 1

The taxi lighting looks fantastic how about some screens of the landing lights turned on. Also you have not shown us nighttime exterior views of the aircraft.

Still wondering about dirt on the exterior, are all aircraft going to be dirty (as shown on your previews) or are there going to be clean birds too (see example below)?

07152010lax1032.jpg

Darryl

Mathijs I am on the edge of my seat with anticipation right now! How much longer are you going to make me suffer hahahaha

Also are you still going to release the manuals before the plane?

Thanks,

Josh

The taxi lighting looks fantastic how about some screens of the landing lights turned on. Also you have not shown us nighttime exterior views of the aircraft.

Still wondering about dirt on the exterior, are all aircraft going to be dirty (as shown on your previews) or are there going to be clean birds too (see example below)?

07152010lax1032.jpg

Darryl

I always got the impression that aircraft looked more detailed and dynamic with wear and tear/dirty effects on them. it brings out more subtle features, like the metal paneling, and exhaust areas. they tend to look a bit bland and unrealistic in fsx, even if they appear clean in real life. if you have ever been underneath any airliner at low altitude you will notice there are always at least a few stains here and there.

thx a lot for many times reports, Mathijs! great review service ;)

Aerosoft reported: "..exact implementation of all systems (except the most complex FMC functions)"

Let's forget the FMC. I'm looking especially for the systems. Precisely how they are implemented? A complete simulation? Which systems are simulated? Are Action memos available if i lost any system or have problems on board (f.e. high oil temperature), so the FWC (Flight Warning Computer) give me orders, what to do? or if i lost the green hydraulic system, I can not extend the landing gear then? RAT or emergency generator also available?

here is an example, what i means with action memos:

post-3524-1244484005.jpg

I am grateful for any information

greetings

Philip