Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

mhhh but when the Pilot has to eat something while flying at night or to read something? Could be difficult. Sure, while takeoff and landing the "floodlight" has to be off but during cruising

But I don't know because I'm not a pilot (except FSX) :)

Well turn on the lights in your room ;) That's what I do :D

As far as a " real life " pilot is concerned , hopefully he is busy flying the plane , not reading a book .

I meant charts, maps, checklists but let's forget it

I meant charts, maps, checklists but let's forget it

I agree with you. I did ask the question about cockpit lights earlier on this thread. And the answer is light won't be "adjustable". I do like it to be but such is Aerosoft's decision on the matter.

I always find it a plus to be able to control the light within the cockpit, not everybody likes the same amount of darkness on the instruments and it is a nice little function to have. Not a deal breaker, just a nice + to have. I did find the light a bit too "orange" on those preview shot I have to admit, we are not used to see that kind of light reflection on the 320.

All the best,

D

• Upvote 1

Hopefully someone can help me. The reason I have posted this here is that it is relevant to SIDS and STARS not being implemented in the Airbus X. I read that this wouldn't be a problem because you can just add them to your flight plan instead. How? Please feel free to move this post if nec. But I am desperate to work this out.

I'm trying to add some points to my flight plan from a STAR I will be flying, I need to do this because I use Radar Contact 4 and my STAR points need to be in the flight plan to avoid the controllers going crazy at me.

I cannot find the STAR points in the FSX flight planner?!

I use Vroute to generate the plan but it doesn't include STARS.

Thanks for any help

Rich

...I just thought that this forum was a mature one....

...and mature members are those who sign their posts with their real name...

There is no reason for anybody to hide his identity in a serious and legal forum.

If you are talking to "real" persons - like if this person would stand next to you -

you do this in a more respectful manner automatically.

Just my two cents...

Timo

• Upvote 1

Hopefully someone can help me. The reason I have posted this here is that it is relevant to SIDS and STARS not being implemented in the Airbus X. I read that this wouldn't be a problem because you can just add them to your flight plan instead. How? Please feel free to move this post if nec. But I am desperate to work this out.

I'm trying to add some points to my flight plan from a STAR I will be flying, I need to do this because I use Radar Contact 4 and my STAR points need to be in the flight plan to avoid the controllers going crazy at me.

I cannot find the STAR points in the FSX flight planner?!

I use Vroute to generate the plan but it doesn't include STARS.

Thanks for any help

Rich

Hi Rich,

Adding Sid/Star points using default FSX planner can be very difficult.

FS Commander is a much better tool for this and uses the Navigraph database.

As for Airbus X, the reference us to the ability to create or modify your flight plan in the FMC. So, you can simply type in the name of the waypoints and as long as they exist in the Navigraph database, they'll be added.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're really a genius. I know what the X is standing for. Because I'm relatively new to the forum, it is not meant that I'm new to flight simulation. I do flight simulation since 1997.

It is also not necessary to give the post a negative mark!

If you would read the post carefully and most important, would understand the content, you will notice the important words: future plans or thoughts + is the decision fixed. So, this means that I already know the position of Aerosoft, but asked if there are maybe thoughts about a release for the FS 2004. Not: Will be there a FS 2004 version? What is the X stands for?

So, next time, please read more carefully and use that thing inside your head above your eyes.

Like I said, it's called Airbus X for a reason. Surely you can work out what that implies? Just "use the thing inside your head above your eyes", failing that try searching the forum. :)

• Upvote 3

Like I said, it's called Airbus X for a reason. Surely you can work out what that implies? Just "use the thing inside your head above your eyes", failing that try searching the forum. :)

Time to drop this now and get back on topic.

Chris

• Upvote 3

Hi Rich,

Adding Sid/Star points using default FSX planner can be very difficult.

FS Commander is a much better tool for this and uses the Navigraph database.

As for Airbus X, the reference us to the ability to create or modify your flight plan in the FMC. So, you can simply type in the name of the waypoints and as long as they exist in the Navigraph database, they'll be added.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Many Thanks for your prompt response!

My problem is that I need to have the flight plan in FSX so that I can load it into RC4. Otherwise ATC shouts at me! haha

Does FS commander allow you to import the created flight plan?

Rich

Many Thanks for your prompt response!

My problem is that I need to have the flight plan in FSX so that I can load it into RC4. Otherwise ATC shouts at me! haha

Does FS commander allow you to import the created flight plan?

Rich

Yes, the FS Commander flight plan can be easily loaded into Fsx. Hence, it can be used directly in Airbus X if you wish.

Personally I like entering the data into the FMC :)

Chris

• Upvote 1

Yes, the FS Commander flight plan can be easily loaded into Fsx. Hence, it can be used directly in Airbus X if you wish.

Personally I like entering the data into the FMC :)

Chris

yeah , use commander for navigation that not realist If they don't have any FMGC , i don't buy this airbus

J.

• Upvote 1

yeah , use commander for navigation that not realist If they don't have any FMGC , i don't buy this airbus

J.

There is a FMGC that can be used to manually input your flight plan if you wish. However, it doesn't have the functionality to enter the SID/STAR by name. But that doesn't stop you entering the waypoints as part of your flight plan.

Chris

• Upvote 1

There is a FMGC that can be used to manually input your flight plan if you wish. However, it doesn't have the functionality to enter the SID/STAR by name. But that doesn't stop you entering the waypoints as part of your flight plan.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am not sure I remember what was the reason for excluding this function from this product? I didn't think adding the SID/STAR would be such a problem not to include it? Was it really a big technical issue?

Regards

D

• Upvote 2

Hi Chris,

I am not sure I remember what was the reason for excluding this function from this product? I didn't think adding the SID/STAR would be such a problem not to include it? Was it really a big technical issue?

Regards

D

Hi. I've only been involved in the beta testing, so can't really comment on the technical issues. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Mathijs saying quite a bit of work would be required to implement it.

Also, as this is a basic version it was deemed out of scope as SID/STAR aren't essential and aren't even supported in the default sim.

As I've mentioned previously, this isn't your basic CLS or similar addon. There has been alot of attention to detail given to the model, systems and flight characteristics. But it only goes as far as necessary to support the basic simmer.

There is flexibility in the way it has been developed that provides the user with a partially functional FMC, rather than just a photo of one.

I like to use SID/STARs, and I'm more than happy with the functionality of the FMC to be able to add waypoints to the flight plan. No other basic aircraft I own does this.

Chris

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Chris,

Regards

D

It was a big deal and was well explained earlier in the topic. It's not going to change in the basic Airbus for very sound and rational technical reasons. It's obviously possible, but I believe the frame rates were the issue. But trust me, it makes perfect sense for this product and the target audience. It was also explained earlier in great detail by Mathjis and a line Airbus pilot in Europe that entering waypoints "on the fly" is in fact very real life.

I politely suggest you consider your question answered. There's nothing wrong with your question, but it's been extensively dealt with and the answer is what it is. Things will not change. Simply wait for the advanced version specs to see where this will go in that version.

• Upvote 4

It was a big deal and was well explained earlier in the topic. It's not going to change in the basic Airbus for very sound and rational technical reasons. It's obviously possible, but I believe the frame rates were the issue. But trust me, it makes perfect sense for this product and the target audience. It was also explained earlier in great detail by Mathjis and a line Airbus pilot in Europe that entering waypoints "on the fly" is in fact very real life.

I politely suggest you consider your question answered. There's nothing wrong with your question, but it's been extensively dealt with and the answer is what it is. Things will not change. Simply wait for the advanced version specs to see where this will go in that version.

Are you the Forum police? I politely suggest you refrain from replying to post if you do not have an answer that is anything else than trying to be patronising. Trying to fuse or ignite a debate isn't really productive posting. Furthermore the post was addressed to Chris who himself gave a sound and logical explanation.

Regards

D

• Upvote 4

@ CRM320 ,

You are forgetting a couple of simple facts . 1 This is not your forum , it's Aerosoft's . 2 This is an open forum , where your comments are there for everyone to see and because of that means that anyone can comment or answer other peoples posts , that the answer you see does not give you the answer you want does not make it any less true .

The discussion over S%&S and S%&%S has been asked and answered ad nauseum , just get over it .

John

• Upvote 6

@ CRM320 ,

You are forgetting a couple of simple facts . 1 This is not your forum , it's Aerosoft's . 2 This is an open forum , where your comments are there for everyone to see and because of that means that anyone can comment or answer other peoples posts , that the answer you see does not give you the answer you want does not make it any less true .

The discussion over S%&S and S%&%S has been asked and answered ad nauseum , just get over it .

John

I don't come into forums to kick off debates or be judge and jury to what should be defined as a "good or rubbish" post. There are moderators to do that job (I don't believe you are one of them), I come here to find answers and/or contribute to discussions about the product (should I be in a position to do so otherwise I restrain from posting irrelevance, maybe more people should adhere to that rule?). Again your post has done nothing to contribute to this thread. As mentioned above, my questions had already been perfectly answered with courtesy by Chris, I am not too sure what you think you are adding on by signing in and posting on this thread.

(End of.)

Regards

D

• Upvote 4

God not the bloody sids stars issue again....peace to all; but no use beating a dead horse. Anyways, I think we will all be happy and pleased with the product when it comes out!!

• Upvote 3

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you the Forum police? I politely suggest you refrain from replying to post if you do not have an answer that is anything else than trying to be patronising. Trying to fuse or ignite a debate isn't really productive posting. Furthermore the post was addressed to Chris who himself gave a sound and logical explanation.

Regards

D

Wow, take it easy on the attitude. No offense was offered or meant.

I simply hoped to add some information to Chris' very good answer (frame rates) and hoped to help you see your question/thread, while a good one, was best ended. I'm sorry you took such offense, but there was nothing there to fuse a debate, only stop one.

When you post, anyone who logs in can respond to it. If you only wished to respond to Chris and have no one else try to add value, ask for no further posting on your topic.

Let's end this. I know where you stand, you know where I stand.

• Upvote 4

God not the bloody sids stars issue again....peace to all; but no use beating a dead horse. Anyways, I think we will all be happy and pleased with the product when it comes out!!

All my add-ons have sid and stars, and i rarely use them, ok maybe on sid, but also prefer to get to first waypoint asap - as it is done in real life. Landing is usual vectors or visual - if I know the area. Stars I use for my own reference.

I think I will not survive without them :lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 2

I think every major topic there is to discuss about this aircraft is a dead horse that was already beaten to a pulp in a previous thread. Honestly I think the best thing at this point is just wait for Mathijs to give us updates on the project, because what is said in his posts is what will be. I've been reading this through, and we are mainly arguing about questions answered a million times. N NO fs9. NO wing flex and then of course there are the people like me who add to it by just trying to stop it :D so I'll shut up, but my best advice is simply wait in joyful hope for the coming of our savior, Jesu- er Airbus X :lol: