Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

• Aerosoft

:hanged_s:i really hate waiting, but if there's no other choise...

@aerosoft: how big is the chance that there will be no other big bug which could delay the bus more? do you think that you've detected everything now, or are there still some things which aren't tested yet?

and may you make a picture which shows the panels with every button which can be used markered? thank you. i just hope that that can explain the systemdepth of the aircraft best!!!

regards

Emi

I don't think buttons would explain it well, but we'll do something like that sooner or later.

Want to see a REAL LARGE render of the Airbus?

Looking Great Mathijs.any new screenshots from Virtual Cockpit. About the APU question can I get some more detail information please

Can't wait for this beauty .At last we will be getting a great AIRBUS after a very long time. Though SIMCHECK A300 was good but i was waiting for A320 family aircraft

Thanking You

Sameer Mankame

Want to see a REAL LARGE render of the Airbus?

can you please do something like that with the cockpit? PLEAAASE...

and: if you're just a few days from release, why don't you put every developer in this project to get it released in the next few days? i know that you have many other projects, but those aren't finished either and i think that your airbus is the most developed add-on you're having at this time, so it would sound logical to me if you finish this project first, and do the other ones later. in my opinion it wouldn't be so bad, if you delay the other project about a few days, if you can earn money with a released thing... (just to mention my opinion on the development here)

regards

Emi

• Upvote 1

can you please do something like that with the cockpit? PLEAAASE...

and: if you're just a few days from release, why don't you put every developer in this project to get it released in the next few days? i know that you have many other projects, but those aren't finished either and i think that your airbus is the most developed add-on you're having at this time, so it would sound logical to me if you finish this project first, and do the other ones later. in my opinion it wouldn't be so bad, if you delay the other project about a few days, if you can earn money with a released thing... (just to mention my opinion on the development here)

regards

Emi

Things seem so simple at that age :) j/k...

• Upvote 1

Updates... As said, almost fully back on this project now the other projects are delivered (even had time for Andras Field, that's the most fun project I done in 2 years)

In the mean time:

• We rewritten the throttle module as a DLL that reads them from the OS and not from the sim. It was just not working as we hoped as the throttle setting is such an important part. Even though it seems incredibly simple: TakeOff setting for take-off, then reduce to Climb setting and it stays there until you land.
  • We have better engine thrust modeling (all rather special as it uses far more data points then any other addon we ever seen)
  • Work has started on a stand alone module that fills in the take-off form using some rather clever calculations

With the throttle now as a dll module that works off the OS in lieu of the sim, how will this affect those that have hardware such as Precision Flight Control's throttle quadrant that works as a module within FSX?

Updates... As said, almost fully back on this project now the other projects are delivered (even had time for Andras Field, that's the most fun project I done in 2 years)

In the mean time:

• We rewritten the throttle module as a DLL that reads them from the OS and not from the sim. It was just not working as we hoped as the throttle setting is such an important part. Even though it seems incredibly simple: TakeOff setting for take-off, then reduce to Climb setting and it stays there until you land.
  • We have better engine thrust modeling (all rather special as it uses far more data points then any other addon we ever seen)
  • Work has started on a stand alone module that fills in the take-off form using some rather clever calculations

Hi Mathijs and Aerosoft Team,

Thank you for the recent updates - I know a few people have commented on this already but that render really is amazing!

My question to you and the team -

I know the question of FPS is always impossibly subjective to answer based on individual specs etc... However, you were able to quote performance approximations versus the default A321, and also that the Aerosoft Airbus would try and utilise as many existing FSX 'systems'/code/etc to keep FPS down. Therefore can you say at this point whether the modules etc noted above will significantly affect previous FPS impact predictions?

Not trying to be negative with this question - just trying to get a feel for what I can expect to be able to run with this.

Best wishes to you and the team,

Martin

Mathijs, thank you for this update. We are eagerly waiting for this product to come out. I have a couple of questions and I am hoping I am not echoing some previous posts, I apologies in advance If you already have answered this in some degree.

1 - will there be a way to control the light in the VC? I know a lot of people find this tool very useful, (when this is done properly). When flying at night or in low light, it does help the vision withint he VC.

2 - will the cockipt warning sounds and GPWS be replicated acurately as in the real Airbus. (On what Airline did you base your sound pack from ?) I know it varies from Airline to Airline.

Many thanks, and all the best,

D

• Aerosoft

Two words: HOLY CRAP!

That is awesome, I don't see a jagged edge anywhere on that Bus!

What is you monitor resolution?

No it's a render from a 3d tool, not something FSX could do. But it IS a great way to show how our modeling scales up to what we believe will be 2013 standards.

• Aerosoft

With the throttle now as a dll module that works off the OS in lieu of the sim, how will this affect those that have hardware such as Precision Flight Control's throttle quadrant that works as a module within FSX?

Good question. If the throttles are seen in the Windows control panel there should not be a problem. But we got to check.

Update... no it will NOT work well. PFC does not provide the drivers that are needed. It's an issue many complex addons will have to deal with.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs and Aerosoft Team,

Thank you for the recent updates - I know a few people have commented on this already but that render really is amazing!

My question to you and the team -

I know the question of FPS is always impossibly subjective to answer based on individual specs etc... However, you were able to quote performance approximations versus the default A321, and also that the Aerosoft Airbus would try and utilise as many existing FSX 'systems'/code/etc to keep FPS down. Therefore can you say at this point whether the modules etc noted above will significantly affect previous FPS impact predictions?

Not trying to be negative with this question - just trying to get a feel for what I can expect to be able to run with this.

Best wishes to you and the team,

Martin

Oh it's actually an easy question to answer as long as we can compare the default bus with our bus. Hand on heart, scouts honor... at this moment they got about the same FPS in the VC. Now we are still adding stuff and we are still optimizing so how that ends up, nobody can tell. See the images. Due to the rather warped layout of the default airbus the view is not the same but it is very much comparable.

In the external view you will loose about 25 to 30%. Things are simple there, you pay for any polygon you have and optimization is not something that will makehuge differences there.

post-43-127912460605_thumb.jpg

post-43-127912460934_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Mathijs, thank you for this update. We are eagerly waiting for this product to come out. I have a couple of questions and I am hoping I am not echoing some previous posts, I apologies in advance If you already have answered this in some degree.

1 - will there be a way to control the light in the VC? I know a lot of people find this tool very useful, (when this is done properly). When flying at night or in low light, it does help the vision withint he VC.

2 - will the cockipt warning sounds and GPWS be replicated acurately as in the real Airbus. (On what Airline did you base your sound pack from ?) I know it varies from Airline to Airline.

Many thanks, and all the best,

D

1. No. It would be bad on a real aircraft but in the sim it just makes very little sense. And it eats up a lot of fps, time and makes the product much harder to use on slower machines. I interviewed 50 people on this issue who were customers of products that have this feature. Over half of them did not even realize the product had the feature, and only one of them actually used it. The others liked to play with it when they got the product. Do not take offense, but we do not think this is a serious feature for a product we are doing. I am sure there will be another Airbus at double the price and with half the fps that will have it.

2. Accurate? I still have no idea what that means in FSX, there are things in the GPWS that are simply impossible or near impossible and still some addon companies say they do it realistic. I like it, it's pretty real. The recordings are from a 2009 Air Berlin model but we mixed in some other stuff as well. We do not model one specific A320/A321.

• Upvote 1

Oh it's actually an easy question to answer as long as we can compare the default bus with our bus. Hand on heart, scouts honor... at this moment they got about the same FPS in the VC. Now we are still adding stuff and we are still optimizing so how that ends up, nobody can tell. See the images. Due to the rather warped layout of the default airbus the view is not the same but it is very much comparable.

In the external view you will loose about 25 to 30%. Things are simple there, you pay for any polygon you have and optimization is not something that will makehuge differences there.

what scenery addon is that, and where is that?

thanks,

Alistair

It's an issue many complex addons will have to deal with.

Thanks Mathijs. I presume by dealing with the issue you mean us the end user having to deal with our hardware being incompatable with this aircraft. If that is the case, can you recommend some hardware that has a joystick/throttles/rudder setup that will work with this Airbus? Thank you.

Are there any future plans or thoughts about a release for the FS 2004 or is the dicision already fixed to release the aircraft for the FSX only? (Please no discussion -> FS X vs. FS IX) It will be a benefit and a plus for more reality if you could add the Airbus specfic fonts (e.g. ASTA320 and MS33558) to the displays and the engravings. But it is maybe to late, am I right?

BTW, the screenshots are looking nice.

• Upvote 1

Are there any future plans or thoughts about a release for the FS 2004 or is the dicision already fixed to release the aircraft for the FSX only?

It's called Airbus X for a reason!

• Upvote 8