Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Guest vibraman

Nicely said and agreed!!!

at least the most stupid thing is to tell other people what to buy or not. i can buy whatever i want so please su.

ok "refuses" was the wrong word cause english is not may mother tounge.what i wanted to say is that aerosoft always makes some bad argues why NOT implement some things and it also seems that everyone who will not state:wow beautiful aircraft,lovley vc etc. but does some objective critique will be discussed into ground and not taken serious...no good way to satisfy custumers.

another thing is you implement navigraph´s updates, that´s fine but for what if there are no sid´s and stars? for opening a window you don´t need that...the things most changes in every cycle are some waypoints and (sorry to tell again but it´s the simple truth) sids and stars. i know i know wait for the advanced version. but if you do things like this i just ask myself this questions. and to get answers i ask them here as long as i may. people who get bored by this simply don´t need to read this.

and if some people lke to talk about the soccer wm you are maybe in the wrong forum.

• Upvote 1

at least the most stupid thing is to tell other people what to buy or not. i can buy whatever i want so please su.

ok "refuses" was the wrong word cause english is not may mother tounge.what i wanted to say is that aerosoft always makes some bad argues why NOT implement some things and it also seems that everyone who will not state:wow beautiful aircraft,lovley vc etc. but does some objective critique will be discussed into ground and not taken serious...no good way to satisfy custumers.

I think telling someone to shut up is also wrong...

I think objective criticism is no problem on these forums. but you're not objective. You want your needs met, and wont listen to any argument nor statement that doesn't comply with what you want: a pmdg style airbus. you're not even willing to wait for the addon, Mathijs announced and give your opinion after the specs for that one are released. You just want your configuration now!

Compare it to someone that wants a simple boeing constant posting on the pmdg forums complaining about the complex systems of the plane. Instead of that, people that want less complex addons know they shouldn't buy a pmdg product, because it doesn't match their style of flying.

Same applies for this product. You now know what the bus is about, further discussion is useless.

• Upvote 4

Guest vibraman

No one online can fly into Frankfurt unless they have electronic SIDS/STARS and a "yellow brick road" displayed on a glass ND? Serious question.

serious answer: if you fly online eddf approach might say: fly the xy-transition. my answer for the airbus x basic version would be: sorry sir i can´t cause aerosoft does not implement this on my aircraft untill now, maybe later this year (or i die) and during approach i have no time to insert all those points by hand please, give me a heading.

and if i managed it to come down safley i can tell to ground: dlhxyz, request to open the window...and to leave the aircraft to have a walk around and see how cool it looks if the turbines are moving in the wind.

• Upvote 1

Guest vibraman

I think telling someone to shut up is also wrong...

I think objective criticism is no problem on these forums. but you're not objective. You want your needs met, and wont listen to any argument nor statement that doesn't comply with what you want: a pmdg style airbus. you're not even willing to wait for the addon, Mathijs announced and give your opinion after the specs for that one are released. You just want your configuration now!

Compare it to someone that wants a simple boeing constant posting on the pmdg forums complaining about the complex systems of the plane. Instead of that, people that want less complex addons know they shouldn't buy a pmdg product, because it doesn't match their style of flying.

Same applies for this product. You now know what the bus is about, further discussion is useless.

if someone insults me i have the right to tell him to su i think

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Great looking aircraft!

One question about the video, the wings seem pretty rigid, are there any plans to add wing flex to this mighty Airbus add-on at some point in time? Thank you!

This has been dealt with in the past, tho' perhaps not on this thread. I'll save you the search and tell you the answer is "no." Here's why: on the A320 and the other little busses, the wings don't flex enough to see. This has been exhaustively debated and they don't. Really. Mathijs has said that what little flex there is worth about a pixel at the tips, can't be seen from the cockpit, and takes enough CPU cycles to hit the performance. That's why it's not modeled.

Aerosoft Airbus X Normal Procedures 02: Preliminary Cockpit Preparation video now available: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XKLT4SDTcek

Note the sounds. What you hear is NOT the engines starting, it's just the cooling fans in the panel. They are very very loud. In fact, while in cruise you hear more cooling fans then wind noise or engine noise. Just try explaining that to new customers.. archhhh.

Im a Technician (licensed on the A318-A321 with both CFM and IAE eng) and at the company i work for the cooling fans have a low flow mode, that is so amazing, especially when your doing maintenance on the aircraft :) but our A319 doesnt have this, unfortunally, and i agree it is really loud, when we have guests to see our facilities they allways ask what system we are testing :D

Dennis

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

you still don´t get my point. it´s not only about sid´s and stars. e.g default flightplans. every serious simmer knows how bad the default flightplanner is.even aerosoft knows that or why do you think you sell so many copies of the flighsimcommander? what about a good vnav? less important for a pilot then switching out a table? the frustrating point is not that i hear an answer i don´t want to hear over and over again.the frustrating point to me is that aersosoft has the possibility to do a great aircraft but refuses to do it perfect.

if people like to come home and fly without learning or reading a lot of manuals that´s fine.you can use the default airbus or you can even use the most complicated addon or this airbus x. if you don´t want to pogram a fmc or do any flightplanning...or change any waypoint from the plan...fine no problem, you just need to know how to start the engines and you can go whereever and however you want.so this is really a bad argument and the developer should know this.sorry to me this is just an bad excuse why you don´t pay that much attention to the simmers that would like to have more system depth instead of eye candies. i don´t want to talk about release dates but from the post of matthies in april he should have been dead now (he said april or i die)...i don´t want him to die

if you will do all this things in a advanced version it would be great and as i said i will buy it in any case...even the basic version but why you say that all the important fmc stuff is not important for real flying. all this sounds just like a bad excuse to me, sorry. you say so many pilots don´t use sids and stars for flying...that maybe right for sure but at least they can put them in the fmc if they like. this is just an example, you can take the same for vnav lnav etc.it´s simply great if you have the option of great system depth and realism so the pilot can decide if he wants just to fly or complex simming.

Consider: Aerosoft has clearly defined their target market, they know this business better than most, and they know what sells. Clearly, you've defined yourself as not in their target market for this sim because you want a "perfect" one.

Let go. You're not happy with the target and you're not going to change it. That doesn't make either you or the target market (or Aerosoft) wrong. Just different (and not in any bad way).

• Upvote 2

No. As explained before we do not see that as a major issue for the intended customer (for the love of god I could not keep the two engines apart by sound alone). I am sure this will piss of some of the high end users but we can live with that. It's very hard to get one of the engines right and we decided for this first version on the CFM. See the first post in this topic for that.

When you run allmost daily test on these engines like i do, your able to hear the difference, but when that is said, i agree, id rather have other things working better and better FPS, because i allso belive that when im busy with ATC and getting airborn or landing you wont have time to hear it anyway, and these are the 2 only normal conditions where the engine run at the rpm where the sound is different enough to hear it.

Now i just have to decide if this bird is advanced enough for me, i like W.... Airbus because its semi advanced, but its such and old bird with so many flaws that irritates me so im looking for a better option, then theres Aerosoft left, so i guess i have to take a good look at it.

Dennis

When you run allmost daily test on these engines like i do, your able to hear the difference, but when that is said, i agree, id rather have other things working better and better FPS, because i allso belive that when im busy with ATC and getting airborn or landing you wont have time to hear it anyway, and these are the 2 only normal conditions where the engine run at the rpm where the sound is different enough to hear it.

Now i just have to decide if this bird is advanced enough for me, i like W.... Airbus because its semi advanced, but its such and old bird with so many flaws that irritates me so im looking for a better option, then theres Aerosoft left, so i guess i have to take a good look at it.

Dennis

It is so easy to custom mod your own sounds on fsx. I am no computer-wizz, but there are some many sounds out there for the airbus, you can put which ever ones you want in to suit you!! Its easy! I am with you though; ;let them focus on stuff we cannot manually change like fps performance and panel design etc!!

• Upvote 1

Im a Technician (licensed on the A318-A321 with both CFM and IAE eng) and at the company i work for the cooling fans have a low flow mode, that is so amazing, especially when your doing maintenance on the aircraft smile.gif but our A319 doesnt have this, unfortunally, and i agree it is really loud, when we have guests to see our facilities they allways ask what system we are testing biggrin.gif

Dennis

At least we have cooling sounds in the vc. I hate some sound packages becuase they don't have. You can always edit that file to suit your needs and tone it down a bit in the sounconfig or alter the file itself; will take 2 mins max!! I really like ac cooling noise....bring it on!! Sounds great for me:) Lucky you re job!! biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

Quick Question Beta testers or Aerosoft;

Are the autopliot control lights abmber/orange or white? Some screenshots suggest white others orange? Is that when the instruments lights are on they go amber and when the lights are off they are white? I know in fsx they are just amber reguradless on the default planes, but that would be cool if they are white in the day and orange at night or when the lights are on?

Cheers,

Simon

sure, but that's not the way they do in real!

Come on guys, everyone knows that it is a Standard way to fly with an airliner!

If you do not like it, we can also talk about Arc or VOR\DME approach!

Will it be possible with the bus?

Do you ever look at a bunch of A320 cockpit photos and notice that they very often have the old black-and-white, *paper* procedures and maps and airport diagrams laying around? (I suspect they're still *required* to keep them handy.) Because there it is, all the info you need to fly, in black and white -- no chance that a wrong button was pressed or that you've just stumbled onto a new computer glitch. It's "permanent"... ink right in front of your eyes. And it does not lie. (No more than a computer database, since it all comes from the same sources.) And that's why a lot of pilots still pin them to their yoke or whatever, even if not required to.

Let me be clear: this is not a "bad excuse" not to include SID / STAR options. And who knows what you may get in the future? I'm just trying to add a little perspective. Really, truly, try to consider the relative importance of this feature vs. all the other features Aerosoft would like to include in this product, given their repeatedly-stated goal of pleasing as much of the *target audience* as possible.

• Upvote 4

serious answer: if you fly online eddf approach might say: fly the xy-transition. my answer for the airbus x basic version would be: sorry sir i can´t cause aerosoft does not implement this on my aircraft untill now, maybe later this year (or i die) and during approach i have no time to insert all those points by hand please, give me a heading.

Well, I hope the pilot flying me to Nice in a couple of weeks isn't that depended on the fmc, and is able to fly sids/stars manually if necessary. ;)

• Upvote 4

Is there a flood light in the airbus to light the whole VC? I can always see only this landing/inflight-light, whatever u call this...

I searched for a foto on google/images to show u what I mean.

airbus.jpg

(not the best quality but I think u know what I want...)

Hi there Mathijs. Cant wait to fly the "BUS".I just wanted to ask, we can’t hear the APU from the flight deck, when we switch to the exterior view of the aircraft, is the APU sound modeled for exterior view.I would love to hear the APU sound for Aerosoft AIRBUS X.I really love that typical AIRBUS A32X APU sound.

Thanking You

Sameer Mankame

PS:-Is GPU sound also modeled?

• Upvote 1

Hi, :)

that's an awesome job ! Wonderful ! :)

But I have two questions :

1- Do you know this document ?

Airbus_la_grande_visite_Tome_1_Airbus_A320_et_ses_systemes.png

(Written in French)

It's very detailed, and explains everything about the A320 (Description of the Airbus Family, Flight controls, auto-thrust, the Autopilot, electrical systems, navigation systems, communications systems, lighting system, emergency oxygen system, deicing protection, landing gear, motorization, APU, and so on ...)And it's FREE, downloadable freely, free to use.It's a PDF , it's very exhaustive , everything is well explained, all the systems, in cabin, in cockpit, and so on...So if someone speak French here, I think it could be useful, it could help you.Really, it's the Bible of the A320, and it's free.

(864 pages/free/A320 family/French/100 Mo)

Link for download : http://www.fs-tutoriels.com/fr/litterature_Airbus_la_grande-visite_Tome_1_-_Airbus_A320_et_ses_systemes.php

Enjoy :)

2- I have read parts of the document above, and I learned that the Flight Commands are very interesting :D :

If the pilot pulls the stick (example : 10 degrees climb), when he stops pulling (the stick is centered) , the plane automatically keeps on climbing at 10 degrees : the pilot just move the stick to select the climb rate/descent rate, and the plane make the rest.

To stop the climb, the pilot must push the stick, and when there are zero degrees of climb, he stop pushing the stick, and the plane automatically keeps zero degrees of climb.

To me that's very interesting.

So will it be implemented for the Aerosoft's A320X ? It would be so great, and so realistic.

Because if it's not implemented, it won't be an Airbus , and I won't buy it.

But if it is, I'll be very happy, and buy it to have a true Airbus !

(Sorry if you don't understand everything I have said, but I'm French.)

Hi, :)

that's an awesome job ! Wonderful ! :)

But I have two questions :

1- Do you know this document ?

Airbus_la_grande_visite_Tome_1_Airbus_A320_et_ses_systemes.png

(Written in French)

It's very detailed, and explains everything about the A320 (Description of the Airbus Family, Flight controls, auto-thrust, the Autopilot, electrical systems, navigation systems, communications systems, lighting system, emergency oxygen system, deicing protection, landing gear, motorization, APU, and so on ...)And it's FREE, downloadable freely, free to use.It's a PDF , it's very exhaustive , everything is well explained, all the systems, in cabin, in cockpit, and so on...So if someone speak French here, I think it could be useful, it could help you.Really, it's the Bible of the A320, and it's free.

(864 pages/free/A320 family/French/100 Mo)

Link for download : http://www.fs-tutori...es_systemes.php

Enjoy :)

2- I have read parts of the document above, and I learned that the Flight Commands are very interesting :D :

If the pilot pulls the stick (example : 10 degrees climb), when he stops pulling (the stick is centered) , the plane automatically keeps on climbing at 10 degrees : the pilot just move the stick to select the climb rate/descent rate, and the plane make the rest.

To stop the climb, the pilot must push the stick, and when there are zero degrees of climb, he stop pushing the stick, and the plane automatically keeps zero degrees of climb.

So will it be implemented for the Aerosoft's A320X ? It would be so great, and so realistic.

Because if it's not implemented, it won't be an Airbus , and I won't buy it.

But if it is, I'll be very happy, and buy it to have a true Airbus !

(Sorry if you don't understand everything I have said, but I'm French.)

first: looks good

second: i think aerosoft has saied often enought that this system (which is called "Fly-By-Wire, just for the case that you don't know that) is moddeled very good, even if FSX is not the best flightsimulator for airbusses.

so i think you're going to be happy with the airbus. from the way you're writing your statement, i think i can conclude that you're an beginner with flightsimulation, right? so you'd be the ideal customer for that, as aerosoft calls such people.

if not then sorry that I've made an mistake...:blush:!

and btw: this is not going to be an true airbus, this will be an airplane for beginners, who just want good graphics, with an aircraft which is not going to be to difficould to fly (and for that airbusses are the best airplanes to do, because they've so many computers on board), right Mathijs?

but i think you're going to be happy with that.

(yes, i can understand everything you write, so please don't apologise for anybodys english. if we had to, then i think i would have to do this also, so just let it be, all right?)

regards

Emi

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Although I have no real interest in airliners except for putting out fires on them and not hurting evacuating passengers, that is the best looking and most realistic looking airliner for MSFS I have ever seen. PERIOD !

2- I have read parts of the document above, and I learned that the Flight Commands are very interesting biggrin.gif :

That's only a very minor part of what FBW is about, in fact it's so minor that all aircraft should actually do what you mentioned. In GA or aircraft where there is no speed hold kind of function, if a change of pitch causes a change of speed then it's true that either continued control input will be needed to maintain the new pitch, or trimming can be used.

However, providing an aircraft is flying level i.e. trimmed correctly, and the speed remains constant, changing the pitch using control pressure and then releasing the control should leave the aircraft flying with the new pitch and with little or no re-trimming needed either.

The tricks that the Airbus includes would be the ability to maintain the new pitch even if the airspeed changes (sometimes referred to as autotrim) and more importantly, the ability to stop the aircraft getting into unusual or unsafe attitudes i.e. once the normal bank angle is exceeded, constant stick pressure is needed to maintain it.

Funnily enough, I had the chance to show an Airbus training captain the default Airbus and he was actually impressed at how well MS had implemented the principles of FBW technology, so the basics of it are probably not as bad as some think.

• Upvote 2

Ok, perfect !

I just wanted to be sure that the FBW was well modelised on this Add-on, and that it won't be a "classic" flight model, like the default one which is very bad for an Airbus (and a liner in general) !

Otherwise, @Emi : I'm not a beginer in Flight Simulation : I have FS for many years, and I have already piloted PMDG's plane (Md-11/B747/BAeJ-41), Captain sim(757/767),etc...So I'm not a beginer, sorry if my last post gave this impression :)

• Upvote 1

Otherwise, @Emi : I'm not a beginer in Flight Simulation : I have FS for many years, and I have already piloted PMDG's plane (Md-11/B747/BAeJ-41), Captain sim(757/767),etc...So I'm not a beginer, sorry if my last post gave this impression :)

ok, that's good. it sounded a little bit like you are, because asking for an fly-by-wire system on an airbus sounds a little ... (i don't want to say something bad now). I'm sure you know what i mean. FBW is a must for an airbus. so I'm sure that you understand what i mean with my statement above:D. (and we shouln't forget that it's aerosoft who is doing the airbus X and not firstclass simulations ot something like that)

and by the way: the fly-by-wire is pretty good on the default airbus A321. (but that's the only thing which is good on that airplane:lol:)

regards

Emi

• Upvote 1