Aerosoft Airbus X - Preview

Something I noticed in the video is that the engine sounds were the CFM-56 engines but the engines on that particular Airbus were the IAE-V2500. Will the IAE-V2500 engine sounds be included in the final version?

P.S. I am referring to the Video made by cbd80

I got what you were refering to. Indeed the Airbus X comes with CFM engine sounds, and as Mathijs has said that will be the only sound pack on release. Though there are IAE-V2500 sound packs on the market.

Chris

Guest Hirth

Just wondering, why are there checklists for smartphones and so on but no SID and STAR function?

And why checklists for smartphones when we can download a complete FCOM for A320?

And one question:

will the bus be in terms of fuel consumption behave as in the FCOM described? or was the FCOM and QRH left out of consideration in the development?

• Upvote 1

No comments on the video?

Excellent video, and the sounds were right on. If one of your other projects gets ahead of schedule and you decide you'd like to finish this and release it early, well, we're perfectly okay with that. ;)

Curt

• Deputy Sheriffs

Checklist sample on a Motorola Droid (Androids OS 2.1). This is actually clearer and the background brighter/whiter that the picture portrays.

Bottom line - very usable, even on a smartphone.

A320%20Checklist%20on%20Droid%281%29.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just wondering, why are there checklists for smartphones and so on but no SID and STAR function?

Hirth,

I know what you mean, sounds like "why wasting time on programming checklists for smartphones, but not programming SID/STAR functionality?"

BUT, making checklists (which need to be done too btw ;) )in a pdf-format that can be used also on these little electronic "gadgets" is a completely different thing then programming a highly complex function like SID/STAR in a FMS.

And if for example you do not have the resources with the skills to do this or other reasons prevent you from doing so, why not let another person make checklists that can be used on other devices?

Otto

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

simply +1 you did sid and stars on other planes ..so should not be a problem

Hahahaha... You obviously have little idea on development costs and time. It is far from a simple addition. And most certainly not the same level of work as reformatting a PDF file (that's what I can do).

Besides, and this is really getting a bit chewed out now, this is an VERY good looking aircraft with a load of features intended for a group of users who like to 'just fly'. We are still considering a more complex version but we'll not even think about that before we got this one done.

For those interested and haven't yet seen my 3rd Video Preview of Airbus X, it can be found here on YouTube:

Chris

Nice to see, the topic is on again.

Chris, nice video. I really like the way the landing gear is moving.

Eric

• Upvote 1

Guest vibraman

its so stupid in my eyes...you do checklists for handys, turbine rotating bye wind on the ground, high detailed gears and flaps (those things no pilot will see in the air and you always stated the bird is focused on the pilots left seat) but what the pilot sees and usees is a fmc WITH sid´s and stars as an example, this you don´t do...poor aerosoft...you missed the chance to be the first one who makes a good serious airbus for fsx. the way it seems now is a very very good modell with lots of gimmicks but not to be used for serious online flying.

tarik

• Upvote 6

its so stupid in my eyes...you do checklists for handys, turbine rotating bye wind on the ground, high detailed gears and flaps (those things no pilot will see in the air and you always stated the bird is focused on the pilots left seat) but what the pilot sees and usees is a fmc WITH sid´s and stars as an example, this you don´t do...poor aerosoft...you missed the chance to be the first one who makes a good serious airbus for fsx. the way it seems now is a very very good modell with lots of gimmicks but not to be used for serious online flying.

tarik

beating_a_dead_horse1.gif

C'mon... Mathijs has already said (on numerous occasions) that they're thinking of upgrading the systems at a later date. Let them finish what they originally planned to do and if we behave, maybe they will reward us with an advanced version. smile.gif

Dave

• Upvote 7

tarik

Dude; stop the wineing; you sound like a woman!! This has been beat to death already; move on....Allow us who don't want that crap to enjoy the product as it was intended! Maybe we can all be happy with that functionality in the future. Let them get this one out first in peace.

• Upvote 3

beating_a_dead_horse1.gif

C'mon... Mathijs has already said (on numerous occasions) that they're thinking of upgrading the systems at a later date. Let them finish what they originally planned to do and if we behave, maybe they will reward us with an advanced version. smile.gif

Dave

My old VP used to say; there is no use beating a dead horse!! I have to send him this image haha:))

• Upvote 1

Guest vibraman

Dude; stop the wineing; you sound like a woman!! This has been beat to death already; move on....Allow us who don't want that crap to enjoy the product as it was intended! Maybe we can all be happy with that functionality in the future. Let them get this one out first in peace.

it has nothing to do with crying...they said focused on the pilots seat...fmc is more pilot seat then all the useless other stuff. i´m not talking only about sid and stars the programming of the fmc is one of the main aspects while flying. more then opening a window, pull out a jump seat or table which is completley useless. the fmc is not. so all functions of the fmc which are possible to simulate should be in there, because this focused on the pilot flying the aircraft. if aersosoft would have said we focus on funny gimmicks and good looking vc and modell i would not say anaything.

• Upvote 2

it has nothing to do with crying...they said focused on the pilots seat...fmc is more pilot seat then all the useless other stuff. i´m not talking only about sid and stars the programming of the fmc is one of the main aspects while flying. more then opening a window, pull out a jump seat or table which is completley useless. the fmc is not. so all functions of the fmc which are possible to simulate should be in there, because this focused on the pilot flying the aircraft. if aersosoft would have said we focus on funny gimmicks and good looking vc and modell i would not say anaything.

It sounds like to me that they will have an abundance of 'left seat' stuff to enter and to simulate the airbus systems as for the target audience intended. I think the level of detail will be a lot for me to take in as a novice to this anyhow. So I think it is a great idea to keep the bus simple with a possible future update or upgrade to a more advanced one if they go that route. I just don't have the time to learn a ton of new stuff right now. I want a framerate friendly flyable bus that will allow me to look out the window and see that amazing FSX world out there while studying for my next exam (s)unsure.gif

• Upvote 3

Although some of you don't like tarik's opinion it does not mean he isn't right. I will not buy this aircraft because of the absence of 2D cockpit and the absence of depth in systems. Many people will like this bus but I won't for sure. Simply my point of view. When Aerosoft improves systems I will see what I do. As I have said many times, I don't fly beautiful models, what I fly is a good aircraft simulator and I expect it to be as close to the real one as possible. I do not care if wipers don't move, doors don't open if every button is clickable, has a function and the systems are almos like the real one.

Regards

• Upvote 4

Great looking aircraft!

One question about the video, the wings seem pretty rigid, are there any plans to add wing flex to this mighty Airbus add-on at some point in time? Thank you!

• Upvote 2

I will not buy this aircraft because of the absence of 2D cockpit and the absence of depth in systems. , what I fly is a good aircraft simulator and I expect it to be as close to the real one as possible.

Regards

You can have your opinion, but you do contradict yourself. If you fly as close to the real one as possible, you wouldn't fly with a 2D. Besides that, Aerosoft made it clear this is for a specific target, which you're obviously not.

It's not Vibramans opinion people react to, but the repeating of the same all over again. I am sorry, but it is a bit like my son, who - when I tell him no - tries in different ways to get what he wants. Sometimes products will come out that don't cater to your needs; don't buy it! And the discussion is irrelevant anyway, because Aerosoft has announced an upgrade. So better wait and see what that entails.... Might be the answer to your prayers ;)

• Upvote 5