208 to Kenya..Video one...

ferry04.jpg

Now they have all arrived safely, here is the first of my assembled videos...the 2+ hour flight to Malta condensed into eight and a half minutes:-

This HD YouTube video is best viewed with the resolution clicked up to 1080p and the Picture Size icon clicked to the larger size...You can even click on the Full Screen icon but on my very large monitor it looks sharper with the previously described setting.

• Upvote 1

Here is the second leg of the Anniversary Flight to Kenya...Malta to Nicosia, Cyprus. I have made this one in HD 1080 and will be interested to hear how it looks on your machine compared to the first video.

This HD YouTube video is best viewed with the resolution clicked up to 1080p and the Picture Size icon clicked to the larger size...You can even click on the Full Screen icon but on my very large monitor it looks sharper with the previously described setting.

Here is the third leg of the Anniversay Fight to Kenya...The morning flight of the second day. Cyprus to Tehran, Iran (Persia in those days).

This HD YouTube video is best viewed with the resolution clicked up to 1080p and the Picture Size icon clicked to the larger size...You can even click on the Full Screen icon but on my very large monitor it looks sharper with the previously described setting B)

Here is the fourth leg of the 50th Anniversay Flights to Kenya...The afternoon flight of the second day. Tehran to Sharjah.

This HD YouTube video is best viewed with the resolution clicked up to 1080p and the Picture Size icon clicked to the larger size...You can even click on the Full Screen icon but on my very large monitor it looks sharper with the previously described setting :rolleyes:

Here is the fifth leg of the 50th Anniversary Flights to Kenya...The morning flight of the third and last day. Sharjah to Khormaksar, Aden. This file is also HD 1080p and although it runs for 9 minutes, it is a much larger file than the previous ones, so you may have a bandwidth problem (watch the pink line ahead of the red line...it must stay ahead or the video will stop and you will have to wait for it to get far enough ahead to hit the play button again). If you have stops in your first run it will probably run through without stopping if you run it a second time.

This HD YouTube video is best viewed with the resolution clicked up to 1080p and the Picture Size icon clicked to the larger size...You can even click on the Full Screen icon but on my very large monitor it looks sharper with the previously described setting B)

Here is the last leg of this simulation on the 50th Anniversary of the real flights that took place on 1st, 2nd and 3rd June 1960. This leg is from Khormaksar, Aden to our base in Nairobi, Kenya.

This file is also HD 1080p and although it runs for 9 minutes, it is a much larger file than the previous ones, so you may have a bandwidth problem (watch the pink line ahead of the red line...it must stay ahead or the video will stop and you will have to wait for it to get far enough ahead to hit the play button again). If you have stops in your first run it will probably run through without stopping if you run it a second time.

I think it's great that you let us share the memories of your youth Peter. B)

Thank you, I'm very impressed!

Thank you Uwe,

Here are some more memories in case you have not seen them:-

http://www.petermcleland.com/powerpoint/208_Squadron_in_Kenya.pps

The download will take at least 5 minutes and you must have Microsoft's Powerpoint to view it...A free download of Powerpoint Viewer can be obtained here:-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=048dc840-14e1-467d-8dca-19d2a8fd7485

I have upgraded Video One to HD:-

This HD YouTube video is best viewed with the resolution clicked up to 1080p and the Picture Size icon clicked to the larger size...You can even click on the Full Screen icon but on my very large monitor it looks sharper with the previously described setting :rolleyes: