NL2000 released

Jeroen Rutgers-Herenius

No option other than torrent files. Not very quick either (currently 10 to 30 KB/s). Should get quicker overtime though. Given the size of this release I do not see how else they could be distributing it without it either costing you or them. You get what you pay for.

I would be keen to hear (or see) what the differences are between NL2000 v4 and VFR Netherlands (which is 5 years old afterall)?

I'm downloading now, but I think it takes me some days until I got it all. :blink: But you don't necessarily need to download it all, you can also download just a couple of airports and leave the photo-underground out of it. And all but the photo-underground is also available from flightsim.com and later avsim as well.

The download is so large and I don't want to be involved with bit-torrents...what to do??? :huh:

Darryl

They're talking about putting it on usenet, and there is a request to put it on DVD, but NL2000 didn't comment on the DVD. The usenet is uploading as we speak, so that will give faster dwnloadtimes

I'm downloading now, but I think it takes me some days until I got it all. :blink: But you don't necessarily need to download it all, you can also download just a couple of airports and leave the photo-underground out of it. And all but the photo-underground is also available from flightsim.com and later avsim as well.

And that's the good thing about offering it in modules.... I installed the airports - without EHRD, because I keep Aerosoft- and it works fine. The photo-underground will follow..

They're talking about putting it on usenet, and there is a request to put it on DVD, but NL2000 didn't comment on the DVD. The usenet is uploading as we speak, so that will give faster dwnloadtimes

Its interesting. They are asking for donations, so obviously could use some cash for their efforts. Selling the scenery on DVD (if they are allowed to) for what they think is a fair amount might kill two birds with one stone.....

Its interesting. They are asking for donations, so obviously could use some cash for their efforts. Selling the scenery on DVD (if they are allowed to) for what they think is a fair amount might kill two birds with one stone.....

There's a difference between selling DVDs with profit and getting donations...

There's a difference between selling DVDs with profit and getting donations...

Might just be me, but I don't see why, if they are just covering the costs of their time and effort in burning and shipping the DVD's, with a little extra to help further development. Nothing stopping those who simply must have it free from spending the time and effort to go and download it themselves....

There are after all, some people (not me) whose providers would have a full grown cow if they tried a download of that size. :lol:

(Not to mention people with only intermittent internet access)

Someone of NL2000 just responded. They can't sell the DVD due to limitations concerning free aerial pictures they use. Basically it means they could use the pics for free, but are not allowed to profit from it. That's at least how I got it....

I was kind of afraid of that.

As long as they are only covering their own costs of creating/shipping the DVD's, they still might be safe, though.

I have heard some of the broad outlines of that sort of thing from open-source projects, but not the actual minutia/detail.