Aerobatic Gliders

Nice! :)

But what is it? Not a Fox, Swift, Cirrus or Salto as far as I can tell...

I don't recognise the panel. Looks like a Schempp Hirth panel to me.

Might be a niche product - but one I would definately get.

Discus K ? one off shortened wing aerobatic Discus B -13.1 or 13.2m with tips to take it to the full 15m,i seem to remember. Idea didn't take off in R/L.

Discus K ? one off shortened wing aerobatic Discus B -13.1 or 13.2m with tips to take it to the full 15m,i seem to remember. Idea didn't take off in R/L.

Yeah, so it really looks like. It's for sure a Schempp-Hirth plane. I actually didn't know that there has been a Discus K. Sure, a Cirrus K, but it's cockpit looks quite different (not to say older).. Hmm..

Btw.: Nice program, but not too heavy. No problem to fly it even with a ASK 21. But I suppose it doesn't say anything about the plane. Or? :D

Right :-)

Its a Discus K

The original still flies, but it is a normal Discus B now. If I am right informed it was the second ever built Discus wich was made to the K as an experiment. But the plane was not really good in doing aerobatics. It had massive problems during inverted flight.

But let me tell you. It is GREAT FUN in FSX. Our flight model seems to be pretty realistic on that, because the orininal was limited where FSX is.

And honestly, to do nice looking aerobatics in a Fox or a Swift, or lets say an Extra 300 (not the FSX one) is rather easy. But try to do it with a modified competition glider!

This is really challenging. It works, but you must know how to make it work.

Thw wingspan was 13.7 meters reduced from 15 meters

The LD still 38 (compared to the original 42 not a too bad value)

VMAX is 270 kph increased from 250kph

And the g limits were increased to +7-5g

The program, you can see on the panel is absolutely flyable. Rellatively easy, but it will be very easy to change the program so you can always have a more challenging one :-)

Bests Joachim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I almost got sick when I saw the first video of the whole aerobatics flight. Few bits and pieces still need to be added but the video will be up soon. You'll love that one.

Ah wonderfull, I am looking forward to it :) .

Amazing video Matijs, thanks for showing us!!

I'm so looking forward to this aircraft!!(EDIT: oops, seems like I said that before lol :P )

Hi,

Just on a side note, I wonder if it is possible, if you already had small hemorrhoids, to make them bigger by pulling too many Gs in a plane..........

Cheers,

Craig Tatley

Hi there,

I see that aero-tow plane, is that a special program. Because I always get that cessna or something. Any add-ons for that?

Greets,

Sébastien B.

And the Video looks amazing, just almost real :)

You can see a feature of a program in the video, wich I don't want to name yet. But it will be available seperately very soon.

I will post it in the glider section then.

Nevermind got it already, A program named Aerotow :D

Wrong ;-)

or does the Towplane in "Aerotow" avoids mountains, searches for thermals and returns to the airfield?

If I remember correctly, no :-P :blowbubble_s:

I thought this is planned with CumulusX 1.8?

• 2 weeks later...
Schempp-Hirth DISCUS K

aerobatic glider X for Microsoft FSX.

Available July 20 (or before) at www.aerosoft.com

Still not available :( still waiting...