Added Version 1.3 Buses Update, now won't load

I bought and downloaded CBS 2010 several months ago, and at the same time downloaded the version 1.3 buses update with the design X buses. My computer crashed about 2 months ago and the game worked fine up until that point.

After finally fixing the computer, I reinstalled CBS 2010 over the weekend. The game worked fine until I downloaded and installed the DesignX bus update earlier today. Now the game will still start up fine, but whenever I pick a bus and try to play it gets stuck on the loading screen and crashes the computer and the game. I have to restart my computer everytime this happens...

I tried reinstalling the update, and still had the issue...then I redownloaded it and installed it again, and STILL have the issue. I cannot even drive the old Nova bus.

Should I just try redownloading the update again, or is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks!!

Hello LifeStarFE,

If it worked before and it doesn't after the computer crash then you need to find out what is different with your machine now than before.

All updates drivers etc, I dont know as I dont know what you needed to do to fix your machine to get it up and running again.

I bet a pound to a penny that as I say it worked before the crash and now doesn't its due to a change in your machine somewhere.

I would guess that too, except for the fact that every other game I have reinstalled works just as it did before. Also, CBS worked fine until I downloaded the update...

Are there any specific system requirements for the 1.3 Bus update?

Hello LifeStarFE,

Not to my knowledge.

But as a result of your computer crashing it now doesn't.

What was the cause of your computer crashing or what did you have to do to resolve the issue with the crash.

The only thing I can do to unfreeze the computer is turn it off; I cannot close the frozen program by any shortcut keys or anything.

After it sits on the loading screen for about 5 minutes the screen will go black and an alert box will come up that says "Failure: Security Options."

Could my computers security system be preventing the downloaded data from running for some reason? That would be odd, since it lets the game start up, I just cannot drive the bus at all.

The graphics card overheated and went bad, which apparently is a common problem with the model of HP laptop we have. We sent it to HP, and they fixed the issue and wiped the memory.

Sory for the delay, its been a crazy week!

The graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS. The computer is a HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook PC running Windows Vista.