Developers: How to prepare an Airport for AES

OPabst

• Developer

Hi,

first I must say, the screens looks very nice and the airport seams to be very detailed. That't the first step for makeing me interested to support a scenery for AES.

But there are some technical roles you need to be in place:

1) For AES it's important to seperate the static Jetway for the rest, so that a exclude command (area) can remove the jetway, without removing other parts of the the scenery, like the buildings. The important Parts of the jetway is all what is moving/rotating when the jetway is in motion. The bridge between the root of the jetway and the build should be part of the building and not of the jetways.

Related to the FS SDK you use, the important part for the exclude is the LA/LON of the XML placement (FS2004/FSX SDK) or the LAT/LON of the "BGL Area" (FS2002 SDK), mostly the same as the position, but here its more important that the jetways are in a seperate file.

Only when I have one (or many) unique LAT/LON's where only the jetwayobject can be found, I can define the (small) exclude area around this point(s).

2) I need a GMAX file or 3DS export (when 3Dmax is used) of the diffent types of Jetwaymodels you have in the senery, so that I can remodel the parts to a library, where AES can call the parts and make the animation stuff. (Here its allways nice, then the jetways are on a Zero-Position, means not rotated or pitch)

When you are able to follow this two roles, send a email to support@aerosoft.com with the request to forward the email to me, then I will get in contact with you (maybe I need same days here).

Hi,

1) it's important to seperate the static Jetway for the rest.

2) I need a GMAX file or 3DS export (when 3Dmax is used) of the diffent types of Jetwaymodels you have in the senery.

Thank for the quick reply. I rearrage your reply to the most important keyword.

I'd like to ask something more about the jetway. Does the detail of the jetway have to be cut down to make animation? such as the gate number on the top of the jetway? I think that have to go away when AES comes to use. What I did is, I have separated single file for gate number on the top of jetway and the bridge. Do I need to separate them into two files, one for jetway and another for the bridge.

The second question is: How the frame rate it going to affect? So I can make rooms to spare for that effect.

(PS. My demo is not the same level of detail as the picture show. Since I released that quite sometime ago before I add more details.)

• Developer

Thank for the quick reply. I rearrage your reply to the most important keyword.

I'd like to ask something more about the jetway. Does the detail of the jetway have to be cut down to make animation? such as the gate number on the top of the jetway? I think that have to go away when AES comes to use. What I did is, I have separated single file for gate number on the top of jetway and the bridge. Do I need to separate them into two files, one for jetway and another for the bridge.

The second question is: How the frame rate it going to affect? So I can make rooms to spare for that effect.

(PS. My demo is not the same level of detail as the picture show. Since I released that quite sometime ago before I add more details.)

First let me define what I call Jetway:

post-77-126450165708_thumb.gif

All what is in the red area, is for me the Jetway, because this parts will move. All behind the green line is building and static.

Important is, that the Jetwayparts are exported in a separate MDL/BGL file If you place every Jetway with its own LAT/LON Point, we should have no problem,because then there is nothing else at the same LAT/LON.

If you export all (or a group) of Jetways to a MDL and place them together with one LAT/LON, it is (normally) also used for other parts, mostly the howl Building has the same LAT/LON. In this case it is important to move the Jetwayplacement for a very small distance. When you write the LAT and LON in a float form, like 50.345356 then the Jetway must have a offset of +-0.000002, mean 50.345358 instead of 50.345356. When you make this for the LON too, then you will not see the "missplacement", because it's only some centimeters, but the LAT/LON is only used by the jetways and the exclude area can be define without effecting the other Placement at the orignial LAT/LON.

In you screens I see that one Gatenumber is ontop of the Buildingpart, so when this is not in the Jetway, I have nothing to do there.

the other Gatenumber is on the moving parts of the jetways (within the red area), here I will take care, that it is back with the AES Jetway, but the number must be part of the Jetway MDL's in this case, so that they are in the excluded area.

Keep the details as high as possible in the jetways, I hate simple jetway models and I like to animate complex Models.

Don't care about frames, in some cases the frames are much better with AES then without.

All the rest we should discuss via email, when I have seen the code on my screen and I can give you the info's you need.

Hello, jtanabodee!

Wait a second, isn't it the scenery offered at SimMarket available since March 2009?

Yes, it is. But the old version has so poor performance. I adopted this scenery to correct the problem and add more detail to the airport.

The other Gatenumber is on the moving parts of the jetways (within the red area), here I will take care, that it is back with the AES Jetway, but the number must be part of the Jetway MDL's in this case, so that they are in the excluded area.

All the rest we should discuss via email, when I have seen the code on my screen and I can give you the info's you need.

The last quick question before I contact you via e-mail since I think this question will benefit other developer.

If I want gate number on the moving jetway I need separated mdl for each gate number. There are 51 gates in this airport and each of them has two jetways. That will add up to 102 mdl files!!!!!.

It is possible but very tedious job to do that. From my calculation, this will add 6Mb to my scenery file just only the jetways. I guess it will be your job to do that. I think my job is to add the gate number where you can exclude together with static gate, isn't it?

• Developer
The last quick question before I contact you via e-mail since I think this question will benefit other developer.

If I want gate number on the moving jetway I need separated mdl for each gate number. There are 51 gates in this airport and each of them has two jetways. That will add up to 102 mdl files!!!!!.

It is possible but very tedious job to do that. From my calculation, this will add 6Mb to my scenery file just only the jetways. I guess it will be your job to do that. I think my job is to add the gate number where you can exclude together with static gate, isn't it?

For your scenery, you can export all jetways (as defined above) to one MDL if you want, there is only important, that the LAT/LON of the placement is unique (as above).

I need the GMAX source of one jetway (not a MDL), so that I can rearrange the part and I would make the AES Library file (is a FS2002 Lib BGL, which is later place by AES in your scenery directory, so that the textures can be used from your scenery, AES will only have the LIB, not the texture).

The Lib will include the part of one jetways (normally arround 10) and will call this parts for each jetway as need regarding his position and movement.

For the numbers on top of the jetway, it would be nice, when you can keep a unnumbered (clean) Box in your textures, because AES will write the number with its own "Text", so that I don't need to have 51 Numbers somewhere in textures.

So, when you only keep in mind, that a small exclude area could be build around the LAT/LON, where you place the MDL with all the Jetway (all what I defind in the red area), so that only this Jetways are removed by the exclude, all is fine from your side of the scenery to be AES aware.

For the GMAX models, it would be helpful, when you keep in mide, that the part of a Jetway, that are moveing (Base, Tunnels, Headarea, Gear, Wheels, Stairs) are all seperate groups or parts, so that they can be exported separate. When all is one part, I need to spilt (detach) them, which is maybe a lot of work.

But the correct grouping is my job here, as long as the the model is not only one part in GMAX, I see no problem to do that.

Wonderful, I got that. Thanks you very much for your information. I'll contact you as soon as possible that I'm done with the jetway placement. It will take a while before this scenery launch. So you can work with jetway while I'm working with others. By the release time, we will all done.

• 1 year later...

Hello guys, thanks for the explanation and sorry for reviving this old thread

In my case, I'm making an scenery but it doesn't have jetways, it only have the terminal, hangars, tower, appron, taxiways and runway, the basic stuff :D

Well, in that case, what would be necessary for make an scenery without jetways compatible with AES?

Thank you

• 5 months later...

Hello Aerosoft Support , I am having the same situation as Juan Rodriguez, I am developing the scenery for Luanda, Angola ( FNLU ) and i would like to make that scenery compatible with AES. So i am looking if i can find a PDF manual so i can read requirements and regulations or then an explanation for Aerosoft support staff. I am Aerosoft customer too and i am satisfied with the service that support have provided to myself. I hope to ear from you soon.

Thank you.