Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

Just one Question: Does the Enginge RPM Gauge really feature the "running hours" Feature? In the Screenshot abouve it looks like it do. Anyhow, seems like a nice Aircraft you are working on :)

Just one Question: Does the Enginge RPM Gauge really feature the "running hours" Feature? In the Screenshot abouve it looks like it do.

I think so,

the old Aerosoft Katana has this function too...

Hello Marcel,

is there a chance for some rain- or dirt effects on that HUGE windscreen and canopy just as they were in the Do-27?

(I'm aware that rain effects are hardly possible in FSX and that they are framerate-eaters, aren't they?)

Max

Hobbs meter and running hours in the RPM indicator are working...

just like to know, I had an aircraft with this feature but it was useless because the gauge reset each time I went into the plane, so my question is, does it save it's progress?

The Katana is not more complex than the Do-27 at this stage, but it is developed with the FSX SDK so the performance is better.

I can only speak for my two systems (Dual Core 2.4 /Quad Core 2.4) here: At the moment there is not much difference between the default C172 and the DA20. But that may be different on other systems... More information may be gathered during the testing period.

I want you to give the illusion of "really being there". That means realistic systems behaviour, effects and of course detailed models and textures. And every aspect increases the system load. I invest a lot of time in optimizing the geometry for better performance and "smooth corners". :)

Thanks for the information! Another one to add to my list...

having had around 60 hours in the Katana DA20-80 based at cumbernauld in scotland, I am looking forward to its release. The VC looks stunning!!

when can we expect its release? Are you beta testing right now?

thanks

paul

But rather silly right?

The canopy does not fly of in a thunderstorm in the sim (or in reality).

It would be just silly if the pilot forgets to properly close the canopy.

Though if the canopy would open at very high wind speeds I think some part may break of the plane. Which would be stupid to try! :lol:

It would be just silly if the pilot forgets to properly close the canopy.

Though if the canopy would open at very high wind speeds I think some part may break of the plane. Which would be stupid to try! :lol:

It's placarded so to do so would not just be stupid, it would be insane and the musings of a madman. At least two fatal accidents have been attributed to opening the canopy in flight - and one of those was deliberate (the story goes they had a trapped seatbelt flapping around outside making a noise and the dumn schmos thought they could open a rearward-opening canopy to pull it in...)

The pilot cannot `forget` to close the canopy - the wind noise and the bloody huge crack allowing the air in in plain sight in front of him is a large clue, and you also get the baleful stare of a warning light as well, AND checking for closed and latched is part of the pre take-off checklist.

So yes, you'd have to be stupid to try... :lol:

• Upvote 2

It's placarded so to do so would not just be stupid, it would be insane and the musings of a madman. At least two fatal accidents have been attributed to opening the canopy in flight - and one of those was deliberate (the story goes they had a trapped seatbelt flapping around outside making a noise and the dumn schmos thought they could open a rearward-opening canopy to pull it in...)

The pilot cannot `forget` to close the canopy - the wind noise and the bloody huge crack allowing the air in in plain sight in front of him is a large clue, and you also get the baleful stare of a warning light as well, AND checking for closed and latched is part of the pre take-off checklist.

So yes, you'd have to be stupid to try... :lol:

Checklists. I knew I forgot something! :rolleyes:

Anyways, I can't wait till it's out! With our without blowing off canopy!