Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

I thought about that too. But where to put the radio unit?

Just replace that big GPS with something smaller - 430?

I am voting for ADF too :-)

Pavel

That would mean no GPS at all for people that don't own the GNS from RXP. So there will be no ADF in the first release featuring the avionics that are build in the real D-ETLK. Perhabs we can talk about a version without GPS but ADF later...

That would mean no GPS at all for people that don't own the GNS from RXP. So there will be no ADF in the first release featuring the avionics that are build in the real D-ETLK. Perhabs we can talk about a version without GPS but ADF later...

There is the FS2X GNS430, it's freeware.

There is the FS2X GNS430, it's freeware.

Please keep in mind, that I don't simply change something in the panel.cfg to add another avionic module. It must be modelled, animated, included into the systems simulation and shall be switched easily within FSX. Things can get really complicated then. And I don't want to force the customers to install some additional freeware gauges to get things work. ;)

As said before, perhabs we can later talk about a version without GPS and an ADF instead. Perhabs the C1? Just kidding... :D

• Upvote 1

I learned about the whole fun of changing .MDLs to change the panel in the VC (Figured it out on the default P-51 some time last year. I've owned FSX almost a year.) The Bush Hawk XP (The one in the shop) has the GNS already included in the package, so the Katana Could as well.

MF_DA20_100528_0002_prev.jpg

A few information on the KX125 TSO:

• Fully operative.
  • Three modes selectable: CDI, BRG and RAD.
  • OBS is independant from the OBS of the NAV1 indicator (see picture).
  • Auto-TO Mode.
  • Frequencies can be entered as standby (see NAV in picture) or directly (see COM in picture).
  • The unit can be turned off and has its own circuit breaker. The avionics bus is also simulated with switch, circuit breakers etc.
  • Display can be backlighted and is a little influenced by the voltage the unit is operated with.

• Upvote 3

Nice!

Beautiful to read "Felde" and "Metzger" together developing an FSX- plane.

High time to get an succession of the milestone "Do 27". By now A2A- Simulatios (Accusim) is still ahead by a short head ;-)

Happy to buy this product soon..

Danke Marcel und Alexander!

MF_DA20_100601_0001_prev.jpg

MF_DA20_100601_0002_prev.jpg

Comment needed? :D

Add an option with no GPS. Some people are using FSMap on a remote pc and the GPS in VC is just a fps killer. Nice work so far, Obviously compatible Dx10? Etien

Even FSX sometimes isn't very compatible with DX10. But the Katana is designed according the FSX SDK and will show textures under DX10 if you mean that. ;-)

Another picture:

MF_DA20_100603_0001_prev.jpg

• Upvote 3

Some details on the canopy:

The 'roof' can be opened and closed steplessly. Not only the user can move the canopy: wind from the propeller and airstream are also able to actuate it. So it is essential to lock the canopy which can be done for each side. Of course you can't close it completely if you pushed the lock levers forward before pulling the frame down. ^_^

• Upvote 2

Even FSX sometimes isn't very compatible with DX10. But the Katana is designed according the FSX SDK and will show textures under DX10 if you mean that. ;-)

Great news.

Looking at the picture I take that you are suggesting me to switch of the GPS and tada!!! Indeed this would be an option ;)

Etien

Excellent to see the avionics options! And thank you for taking the route of creating a 3D mask, or at least what looks like a 3D mask for the RXP GNS530... A definite reason to add that in to the system (I have the 430, and now no longer need to wonder whether I should get the 530 or not!).

See the Katanas now and again here at my local field...

Andrew

Looking great! However (unlike some people seem to think) a small aircraft doesn't have to mean it will perform well fps wise. And after reading all the things that you can do with this beauty, I do wonder how well it will perform. I remember the often mentioned D027 was quite heavy on the system. This little plane might be heavier than a big airliner when it comes to performance. ;) Any info on that?

The Katana is not more complex than the Do-27 at this stage, but it is developed with the FSX SDK so the performance is better.

I can only speak for my two systems (Dual Core 2.4 /Quad Core 2.4) here: At the moment there is not much difference between the default C172 and the DA20. But that may be different on other systems... More information may be gathered during the testing period.

I want you to give the illusion of "really being there". That means realistic systems behaviour, effects and of course detailed models and textures. And every aspect increases the system load. I invest a lot of time in optimizing the geometry for better performance and "smooth corners". :)

• Upvote 1

Hi there, I just registered on the Aerosoft forum because of this upcoming project!

All I can say is ''amen''! Really looking for this one. I am a long time flight simmer and my quest for ''THE ONE'' still continues. But looking at how this new project is developing, I can keep my hopes up.

I am still waiting for that one perfect GA plane for ME, with RXP GNS, maintenance, just the right cruise speed, etc... I might have a winner here.

All of this to day that I am looking forward to the release, and will help as much as I can to see it grow after that.

Best of luck Marcel. But then again, I don't think luck will have anything to do with this one. Sure looks like a winner, at least from where I stand.