Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

Nothing dramatic new but some details of the cabin and the new propeller damage model. ;)

Fabian, thanks for the information. BTW, the german manual includes also the description of

the avionics suite build in the virtual Katana.

... :wub: :wub: :wub: ...

if this continues i'm going to love the Katana more than my girlfriend...

propeller damage model, icing effects, is there anything which is not simulated in this baby?

One question: How can i damage the props? By giving to much power?

Hi

Sorry for my bad english...

I'm a DA20's pilote in the "real life", and I have just see this new project, congratulation, it looks superb and I'm waiting to have this plane on my sim.

Best regards

Thierry

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Marcel.. are you alive?

just for sure:unsure:

He is,or at least he was yesterday. At this moment the last things are done, but it's always a bit unsure how long this takes. The Katana is without a doubt one of the most complex add-ons I have ever seen (and believe me, I seen a lot).

He is,or at least he was yesterday. At this moment the last things are done, but it's always a bit unsure how long this takes. The Katana is without a doubt one of the most complex add-ons I have ever seen (and believe me, I seen a lot).

"Doing the last things", that sounds good.

So we can expect the release in this month? Would be great cause i'm getting a GTX 460 this weekend and then I fianlly got a nice flyer for my whole VFR Sceneries :wub:

Marcel (or Mathijs) can you make a feature list please? I have lost the view over all those thigs you have done in the Katana :blush:;)

• Aerosoft

"Doing the last things", that sounds good.

So we can expect the release in this month? Would be great cause i'm getting a GTX 460 this weekend and then I fianlly got a nice flyer for my whole VFR Sceneries :wub:

Marcel (or Mathijs) can you make a feature list please? I have lost the view over all those thigs you have done in the Katana :blush:;)

I won't comment on the release date, other then that's is near. And I will have a features lists made early next week. Will be long.

• Upvote 2

Including a cleaning of the plane, oil check, water draining from the fuel tank etc? See that's all included!

Nice!!! But when?Maybe in the next days?And relasing next week?That will be very nice!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Here's my problem. Is there anyway we could add an ADF + Autopilot? I think if you guys did that we could never complain, I just want an autopilot for those X-country trips + RXP GNS 530 looks so good. O ya and those NDB Apporaches too!

Here's my problem. Is there anyway we could add an ADF + Autopilot? I think if you guys did that we could never complain, I just want an autopilot for those X-country trips + RXP GNS 530 looks so good. O ya and those NDB Apporaches too!

I know that the Katana no autopilot received because the real Katana has also no Autopilot. The ADF Instroment also not received because the ADF Thechnologie is from the thirties. When in Europe, the European Galileo GPS system is introduced, there will be an official GPS which can be used for navigation. In that case is the ADF superfluous.

I know that the Katana no autopilot received because the real Katana has also no Autopilot. The ADF Instroment also not received because the ADF Thechnologie is from the thirties. When in Europe, the European Galileo GPS system is introduced, there will be an official GPS which can be used for navigation. In that case is the ADF superfluous.

#1 You can put aftermarket AP's in a DA-20/1--

#2 NDB Approaches/Navigation is used A LOT in Australia for some of the smaller fields.

#3 Some ILS approaches still require an ADF because the FAF is an NDB

#2 NDB Approaches/Navigation is used A LOT in Australia for some of the smaller fields.

#3 Some ILS approaches still require an ADF because the FAF is an NDB

Your name ring a bell..!

Dont know yet as it is not released, but from photos I am sure I can add ADF, but then again we have to wait to see plane on when released.

Who has an auto pilot available for a real DA20-A1? I'd like to add one to mine some day?

I'm looking forward to this Flight Sim model. It is very impressive!

David

a real pilot first should know how to navigate with ADF before trying GPS. The Katana is a school plane, so why she should not have an ADF?!

Believe me, if you're flying for 20 years (as i do this year :) ) then you will love to fly by hand and by basic navigation systems like ADF and VOR. Flying an Airbus with FMC or an GA plane with GPS is extremely boring after 20 years.

so these are my 2 cents:

+ ADF

- but without AP

kind regards

Andreas

a real pilot first should know how to navigate with ADF before trying GPS. The Katana is a school plane, so why she should not have an ADF?!

Believe me, if you're flying for 20 years (as i do this year :) ) then you will love to fly by hand and by basic navigation systems like ADF and VOR. Flying an Airbus with FMC or an GA plane with GPS is extremely boring after 20 years.

so these are my 2 cents:

+ ADF

- but without AP

kind regards

Andreas

Objection your honour!

a well trained pilot, who is paying attention to universal valid learning content, will aim to minimize his workload to zero. Due to its unchallenging behavior, the spermbird is highly esteemed by elder flyers which always do, what they always did. But the truth is, all grandpa-pilots, that I know, are not able to navigate correct with ADF and VOR, as far as the Katana is equiped with. DA20 is a VFR-plane and its sufficient to have a proper flight preparation, compounded with a skillful visual navigation. In times where a lot of LR-NDB´s are going to be shut down, a GPS for additional flying convenience is surely the better deal. When doing so, you might have spare time, to look out of the cabin to relax and enjoying the scenery, what was hardly possible the last 20 years, while tracking ADF and VOR in a ridiculous 2-seat-coffee-tourer.

Objection your honour!

a well trained pilot, who is paying attention to universal valid learning content, will aim to minimize his workload to zero. Due to its unchallenging behavior, the spermbird is highly esteemed by elder flyers which always do, what they always did. But the truth is, all grandpa-pilots, that I know, are not able to navigate correct with ADF and VOR, as far as the Katana is equiped with. DA20 is a VFR-plane and its sufficient to have a proper flight preparation, compounded with a skillful visual navigation. In times where a lot of LR-NDB´s are going to be shut down, a GPS for additional flying convenience is surely the better deal. When doing so, you might have spare time, to look out of the cabin to relax and enjoying the scenery, what was hardly possible the last 20 years, while traking ADF and VOR in a ridiculous 2-seat-coffee-tourer.

Totally agree. ;)