Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

...the end is in sight but not in the next 2-3 weeks. That are the good and bad news. ;)

Unfortunatelly there is not much to show on screenshots at the moment. I hope to find some time for a videoclip next week.

• Upvote 1

fps info maybe?

Hard to tell. I use a very old but stable system for the development. Of course it is a complex simulation with detailled models and high resolution textures and will need more system ressources than the standard Cessna. ;)

• Upvote 3

As with all software development, percentage completion is a futile concept, only for stupid managers who don't understand the development process but want to present reports to their just-as-stupid overlords who think software development is a simplistic stage process with step-by-step moments so they can predict when the money stops going out, and starts coming in.

It isn't.

The last five percent (bug fixing, beta testing, code refinement, packaging and documentation) can easily eat up 25 percent of the total time spent in development. MS have a working demo of Flight, now. It's not out for a year...

So answering such a question would just be a waste of time. Time better spent just getting on with it. After all, it's out when it's out, issuing release date promises is futile in this industry. I'm sure there's a commercial timescale, but don't expect that to be released to us!

TF-197, just be patient and wait.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

Development is running smooth, I hope? :)

At least very time consuming... so instead of video there will be a picture of one feature:

MF_DA20_100909_0002_prev.jpg

With the Katana, you should never pilot into icing conditions. But if you do, it may have serious consequences:

For example you should continuously move the rudders to prevent frozen controls. At the point, the icy surface reaches the hole of the stall warning, it will not work anymore.

And ice is not the only way to jam pitot tube, static port or the stall warning. In the case the static port and/or the pitot tube are blocked, the instruments will behave accordingly.

It is possible to break the glas of the vertical speed indicator to get some indicators operative.

• Upvote 7

Amazing screenshot!

Sorry for the smartass question, Marcel: I've noticed the word "Aussentemperatur" on the panel - is it really written that way in the real-world aircraft?

Jörn

Aussentemperatur is the german word for outside temperature. Yes, it is.

Nope - it must read "Außentemperatur". I know that even native German speakers tend to write this wrong (*hint*), but I thought that on a German "panel" it would be written correctly.

Not a showstopper, of course - was just curious.

• Upvote 2

Nope - it must read "Außentemperatur". I know that even native German speakers tend to write this wrong (*hint*), but I thought that on a German "panel" it would be written correctly.

Not a showstopper, of course - was just curious.

Not to hijack the thread any further, but I thought it was acceptable to use "ss" in place of "ß" in the absence of a "ß" key on your keyboard. Am I correct, or is that misinformation? I have a love-hate relationship with the German language, which I have been learning for the past few years. I love the fact that the spelling and pronunciation always match, but things such as gender cancel that out. Do native German speakers struggle with gender? It makes no sense to me. It has nothing to do with the actual gender of the object, and it can cause the spelling and pronunciation of several words in a sentence to change. When in doubt, don't enunciate your your words too clearly and hope that no one can tell if that was an "-er," "-e," or "-en." :lol:

Sorry again for hijacking the thread. :) That's one of the most amazingly detailed cockpits I've seen in a flight sim, Marcel, and the icing effects are amazing!

Not to hijack the thread any further, but I thought it was acceptable to use "ss" in place of "ß" in the absence of a "ß" key on your keyboard. Am I correct, or is that misinformation? I have a love-hate relationship with the German language, which I have been learning for the past few years. I love the fact that the spelling and pronunciation always match, but things such as gender cancel that out. Do native German speakers struggle with gender? It makes no sense to me. It has nothing to do with the actual gender of the object, and it can cause the spelling and pronunciation of several words in a sentence to change. When in doubt, don't enunciate your your words too clearly and hope that no one can tell if that was an "-er," "-e," or "-en." :lol:

Sorry again for hijacking the thread. :) That's one of the most amazingly detailed cockpits I've seen in a flight sim, Marcel, and the icing effects are amazing!

Hi,

I am a native german speaker and i don't have problems with the genders with (as almost everywhere and not only in the german language) a few excuses of cause. Don't worry if you speak german long enough then you can also master the genders of the words ^_^, exactly as in english;)

By the way, which icing effects do you mean? have i missed a picure? The last one i know is the one down at page 12. But where are there icing effects please :unsure:?

Hi,

I am a native german speaker and i don't have problems with the genders with (as almost everywhere and not only in the german language) a few excuses of cause. Don't worry if you speak german long enough then you can also master the genders of the words ^_^, exactly as in english;)

By the way, which icing effects do you mean? have i missed a picure? The last one i know is the one down at page 12. But where are there icing effects please :unsure:?

Wing leading edge, obviously. Trace in first shot, accumulating in second, serious problems and "Where's the ballistic parachute..? Oh bugger!" in the

third... :lol:

• Upvote 1