Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

Sure, Release Candidate stage now! Getting closer, but you are not going to be able to drag a release date out of me yet.

What does this exactly mean? Is the development finished and you're just test the last few things or are you already designing the product page?

More infos please...

What does this exactly mean? Is the development finished and you're just test the last few things or are you already designing the product page?

More infos please...

I completed the last items on the Katana yesterday. There will be another candidate for testing and everything else depends on how many bugs will be found in the next days.

• Upvote 1

I completed the last items on the Katana yesterday. There will be another candidate for testing and everything else depends on how many bugs will be found in the next days.

Another candidate for testing? That can only be the Dimona! So there will be even 2 great aircrafts at the same time? Wow, the GA Simmers really get a great spring from you guys.

Hopefully there won't be any bugs so that the release will be next week :rolleyes: or even this weekend? Hopefully soon!

I am not working on the Dimona... I was talking about the Katana.

I know. Under another candidate i understood that AS would have another airplane ready which would need to be tested. And that would have been the Dimona.

So what do you mean with "another candidate"? Maybe the Porter? Or have i missunderstood this whole sentence?

I know. Under another candidate i understood that AS would have another airplane ready which would need to be tested. And that would have been the Dimona.

So what do you mean with "another candidate"? Maybe the Porter? Or have i missunderstood this whole sentence?

I think he meant another release candidate, so in fact another (better) version of the Katana that needs testing to look for bugs.

At least, that's my interpretation of what he said!

Really looking forward to this aircraft... I love aircraft with detailed systems!

I'm pretty sure what he means by "another candidate" is he's going on to the next version* of it after some more bug hunting.

*General pre-release version runs example: Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Alpha 3, etc, Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, etc, RC 1, RC 2, etc, Final release V1.

• Aerosoft

I'm pretty sure what he means by "another candidate" is he's going on to the next version* of it after some more bug hunting.

*General pre-release version runs example: Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Alpha 3, etc, Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, etc, RC 1, RC 2, etc, Final release V1.

indeed. Marcel is at this moment in a 'feature ready' state. That means that everything that he (we) want to be in the product is there and that all that should not be there is removed. That last part is strangely enough rather important, you got no idea how often there are problems in that aspect. FSX contains whole modules that are not used and were very useful for us because they were test modules we could use to understand FSX better.

• Upvote 1

Amazing detail!!!

Amazing list of features!!!

Gorgeous aircraft!!!!!!

Reality-XP 3D mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the medice that my body needs!!!!!!!!!!

I already got a nice VFR plan to fly with it!!!!!!!!!!!

Patience Patience Patience Patience Patience Patience Patience!!!!

This aircraft will be an absolute winner. She looks stunning! Therefore I find it a shame the choice was made to implement that awfully looking FSX default GPS. I mean, it doesn't even resemble the GNS500 it's supposed to depict. Apart from that, almost all panelshots of the Katana I could find on the internet do no contain large GPS units, although a GNS430 seems common. Would it be possible to put a Reality XP GNS430 in the panel of this Katana?

This aircraft will be an absolute winner. She looks stunning! Therefore I find it a shame the choice was made to implement that awfully looking FSX default GPS. I mean, it doesn't even resemble the GNS500 it's supposed to depict. Apart from that, almost all panelshots of the Katana I could find on the internet do no contain large GPS units, although a GNS430 seems common. Would it be possible to put a Reality XP GNS430 in the panel of this Katana?

+1

Read post #60

Guys, read the feature list:

You asked for a feature list and here it is. We are impressed, you will be impressed!

<snip>

Avionics

<snip>

- GNS530 (by Reality XP, not included in the product)

- GPS500 can be replaced by the GNS530 directly in the simulator

Re: Katanas with Garmin 530's in real life, they're out there. This was the third hit I got for a Google search on "Katana panel Garmin 530." OK, it's an Eclipse, but close. And I believe Marcel's aircraft is modeled after a real-world example.

Re: the 430 option, I seem to recall Marcel saying there was a panel sizing issue, but maybe he can comment - if his time permits, what with his finishing up the release candidate and all...

EDIT: Paul G beat me to it. Thanks, Paul!

And I believe Marcel's aircraft is modeled after a real-world example.

That would ofcourse explain everything, if that particular real world model contains a large GPS unit. I am thrilled we will be able to use the Reality XP GNS 530 as well, I knew about that option.

Another candidate for testing? That can only be the Dimona! So there will be even 2 great aircrafts at the same time? Wow, the GA Simmers really get a great spring from you guys.

Hopefully there won't be any bugs so that the release will be next week :rolleyes: or even this weekend? Hopefully soon!

Don't think you get it. A Release Candidate is a `near as dammit` finished version. It's the one the developers would like to release. But first it goes to the beta testers, who remove all previous betas, start from scratch, install the RC, find any and all the remaining bugs and foibles. Only once those are discovered, confirmed and dealt with can the SECOND release candidate be given to the beta testers for final approval.

If approval is received THAT version becomes the official release.

It has NOTHING, NOTHING to do with the Dimona. And the development cycle is far from over.

In the last RC candidate I worked on it was approximately four weeks from RC1 to RC2 to Version 1.0. And that was two weeks too soon...

Just don't bunch your scrunchies, It's here when its here. We know you'll be first to whine if something is wrong...

Nick - thank you very much for those great pictures. You are a real artist that can even make this add-on looking good. :lol:

Before release there will be no changes on the features. :( There are some items I would like to see in the Katana that have been postboned for a possible servicepack. Otherwise it would never be completed...