Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

• Aerosoft

Ebenfalls vorfreudige Grüße!

- Do you plan a DVD Version or Download only?

- Will we have the "Launcher" for the Katana?

This will be a download product initially and will released as boxed product as well.

And I do think it will use the Launcher and for sure it will need a online connection to install.

Es wird ein deutsches Handbuch geben, allerdings kann ich nicht versprechen, dass es schon zum Release fertig sein wird.

There will be a german manual but I can't promise that it will be completed before the release.

There already is a Handbuch for everyone zum runterladen. And it does nix cost.

Handbuch

• Upvote 3

Looking like a morbidly obese glider the Diamond Katana must be one of the ugliest planes ever designed (function over form all the way, I suppose), but this rendition with all its features will be a Must Have nonetheless. Excellent work! I just wish it would have been put in a more appealing aircraft. ;):D

Sign me up for a purchase.

Don't worry, Marcel is also working on a Pilatus PC6 Porter. Maybe you prefer the look of that one.

I know. I'm definitely gonna get that as well! I Many do find the PC6 Porter uglyl, but I love its rugged look. :wub:

May I ask when you plan to finish this? The month would be enough already! I'd really like to fly the Katana now, but it still isn't in the shop.

Waiting is so hard.

Can you at least tell us what needs to be done untill release please?

Thank you

Emi

Emi

the more time they need to spend here to post update to keep you happy, the longer you going to wait. Just let it be and one of these days it will be a nice surprise.. it is already 10 months waiting, so surely a month or two or three is not that long to wait a bit longer.. for what we getting, no need to rush it..

• Upvote 3

This will be a download product initially and will released as boxed product as well.

And I do think it will use the Launcher and for sure it will need a online connection to install.

Very bad,

i was very happy to get that bird until this post. I only wanted to have Marcel´s high quality work, nothing else. I don´t want to buy aerosofts launcher.

I am very sorry, Marcel. :huh:

Very bad,

i was very happy to get that bird until this post. I only wanted to have Marcel´s high quality work, nothing else. I don´t want to buy aerosofts launcher.

What's your problem with the launcher? :blink:

THink of the launcher as a free added extra. It allows you to keep track of all your installed aerosoft addons and lets me make sure they are all upto date. Quite handy really

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Very bad,

What's the problem you got with the launcher, Marcel? Are you one of those people who can't live with online registration (if so I wonder what OS and what simulator you use) or has it caused problems on your system?

• Upvote 2

I hate to quote films, actually I quite enjoy it, but none the less.... As Garth Algar said "It's like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you" :lol:

• Upvote 2

What's the problem you got with the launcher, Marcel? Are you one of those people who can't live with online registration (if so I wonder what OS and what simulator you use) or has it caused problems on your system?

I must admit I'm not a huge fan of online activation myself, just due to the shear fact that information is being send and I can not see exactly what information.

On the other hand, I do see the need for developers to protect their products, since it has become too easy to find pirated software on the Internet.

So, you don't have to like the launcher, but it seems to be an inevitable side-effect of this new digital web based age.

If you don't want software that requires online activation, the world is becoming pretty small for you.

2c

• Aerosoft

I must admit I'm not a huge fan of online activation myself, just due to the shear fact that information is being send and I can not see exactly what information.

On the other hand, I do see the need for developers to protect their products, since it has become too easy to find pirated software on the Internet.

So, you don't have to like the launcher, but it seems to be an inevitable side-effect of this new digital web based age.

If you don't want software that requires online activation, the world is becoming pretty small for you.

2c

True words.

But we are very clear on what is send and what is stored. The software on your system creates a hardware key (a number that can not be decrypted to what hardware there is, why would we need to know that??) and that key is send with the same information we already have for the order so we can match the two. It never seizes to amaze me that people worry about us knowing what brand of hard disk they have and that we never hear anybody asking us how we handle far more delicate matters like credit card data. Ohhh and we never see your credit card data, when you buy something with us that data is send directly to our bank and they tell us if you are legit or not. What use would we have for your credit card number? We would need special secure servers for all that stuff. We don't WANT to know all that stuff. we just need to know if you can buy it and if it is indeed you that installs it. I always wonder if the people that are afraid if us knowing what kind of CPU they got drive around with duct tape over the VW badge on their car so nobody sees they have a Golf.

In the end, this is the Internet. If you do not trust Aerosoft you should not buy anything from us. We have got a very clean record in these aspects and we take this very personal. If you feel we done something wrong with your personal data you know who to talk to. All our email addresses, from the people in the warehouse to the CEO are public. You can meet us at shows where we're glad to buy you coffee. This is not some ebay company in HongKong.

• Upvote 4

i feel sorry for Marcel not to buy his great quality produkt.

[...]

Give me first quality produkts so i can trust you doing professional job overall.

now that's a nice oxymoron!

I can assure you that Marcel's Katana 4X will set a new benchmark in terms of quality and system fidelity.

Greetings

Tim

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

News?

Yes, the situation in Fukushima is still very bad. Hopefully they'll find a solution for their problem soon.

• Upvote 2