Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

wil we be able to do this, in many pay ware aircraft you cant do this but like the a2a cub you can do stall spins very realistically. and one other thing, the stall warning sound varies in this video, will the be simulated in this plane?

Absolutely amazing feature list! Aircraft like this break the monotony and (dare I say) boredom that can set in after years of flight simming. I find myself rarely using FSX anymore because of the lack of features such as these. FSX can hardly fulfill my desire to fly anymore. (And, at the moment, my wallet and time constraints refuse to allow me to fulfill my desire for real-life flight training.) ;) Maybe these complex add-on aircraft can keep me marginally satisfied until I can pursue the real thing.

One question comes to my mind. Not long time ago i almost bought GNS430 from RealityXP to use it with the Duke. Reading Katana feature list i can only see GNS530 integration being possible. I would preffer 430 simply because of it being slim (to fit easily into other planes, and besides i don't like big LCD screens on my panel ^_^). Could Marcel or somebody else confirm GNS430 integration is not planned?

If that's the case i'll go ahead and buy the bigger GNS.

One question comes to my mind. Not long time ago i almost bought GNS430 from RealityXP to use it with the Duke. Reading Katana feature list i can only see GNS530 integration being possible. I would preffer 430 simply because of it being slim (to fit easily into other planes, and besides i don't like big LCD screens on my panel ^_^). Could Marcel or somebody else confirm GNS430 integration is not planned?

If that's the case i'll go ahead and buy the bigger GNS.

Maybe in a update...

• Aerosoft

wil we be able to do this, in many pay ware aircraft you cant do this but like the a2a cub you can do stall spins very realistically. and one other thing, the stall warning sound varies in this video, will the be simulated in this plane?

Not sure if you yourself fly Cubs but own half of one (the cheaper part my partner always claims) and I am not too impressed by the stall behavior of the a2a Cub, it is different from default behavior but I am not sure it is so much better. There are in FSX some parameters missing that are really needed for a more correct stall behavior, things that you simply can't add. For an FSX aircraft the stall behavior of the Katana is pretty well simulated.

I do not think the stall sound differs though, but will check on that.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :blush:

Mathijs forgot to mention that the feature list is not yet complete. Some features will be added, others will not be mentioned and can be discovered...

At the moment there are no plans to add the GNS430. Every new unit needs a model, textures, animations and system logic that has to be included in every aircraft.

I do not think the stall sound differs though, but will check on that.

This sound, like everythink else you can here on and in the Katana, has been recorded on the real aircraft. And yes: It starts as early as and is as nerving as in the real counterpart. ;)

ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you really need to know - google translate

Madness ...! That sounds more than promising! With this feature list, there are surely also a German manual, right? ;-)

if you really need to know - google translate

Wrong. This is a forum that uses the English language. So write English.

Back on topic; what a fantastic list of features! This bird will be a winner.

After such an interesting list of features I have to ask:

Are we there yet!!???

Are we there yet!!???

Are we there yet!!???

Are we there yet!!???

Are we there yet!!???

Are we there yet!!???

Are we there yet!!???

Sorry guys but the child inside me is getting impatient!!!! Hahahahahahahaha

Best wishes to all

Julio

Yeah, same for me.

But beleave me with the time you'll become a really patient guy if you do flightsimming only long enough :lol:. No joke, really!;)

Wahnsinn...! Das klingt mehr als vielversprechend!! Bei dieser Featureliste gibt es aber doch sicher auch ein deutsches Handbuch, oder? ;-)

Es wird ein deutsches Handbuch geben, allerdings kann ich nicht versprechen, dass es schon zum Release fertig sein wird.

There will be a german manual but I can't promise that it will be completed before the release.