Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

And now again the well known question:

If everything goes well with the testing now, do you expect to get the Katana ready for christmas?

Or what's left to be done?

It does not matter. The product is ready when it happens like Marcel it wants!! This is not a product like 98% of the market, please let Marcel have a focus on his more inmportant work and do not ask again the same nonsense.

If the Katana is not ready for Christmas is you'll survive it..

• Upvote 6

hmmm, funnily enough RYR he does have the right to ask when the expected release is. He is a potential customer, and he can ask whatever he likes. He just wants a ball park figure. It may go unanswered but that is at the discretion of marcel. NOT YOU!

And yes, it is fairly obvious that if it isnt released before Christmas, then he'll survive, but thats not really the point.

Due to your stupidity and little power-trip you had there, its -1 from me.

Merry Christmas

Paul

• Upvote 4

Please respect that the topic of this thread is not the evaluation of questions and answers - it is only the Katana add-on. Everyone may ask, and everyone who can answer in a friendly way is welcome to do so as long as it is on topic.

I can understand that people don't want to read the whole thread because there is so much off topic and impolite discussion. And so I understand recurring questions.

• Upvote 5

Wow they removed my comment because I called someone Illiterate, but someone calls someone stupid and doesn't. Oh and my warning level went up. Im done here bye. Good luck with the Katana.

• Upvote 2

Hello everyone,

I have worked night and day in the hope of a pre-christmas release but it didn't work out. I didn't want to force a release by cancelling features or ignoring bugreports. At least it ensures domestic peace when there is no Katana stall horn drowning out christmas music. :D

The testers kept me busy over the last weeks and did a great job on finding bugs. On last wednesday I had the chance to do some more sound recordings to enhance realism and the overall experience. Most of them have been implemented meanwhile.

Merry christmas to you and your families!

Have a nice time,

Marcel

• Upvote 5

As genuine simmers and any human being with a sense of proportion always say:

"Take your time. It's ready when it's ready."

Meantime, put it in the hangar for Christmas, and have a Merry one! ;):D

• Upvote 2

Hi,

also Merry Christmas from me.

One Question: Marcel, what about the dokumentation of the Katana? Do you include the real manuals of it, or how do you handle this?

Also i'd like to mention that I'd find it great to get the most important information as one dokument inside the FS kneeboard or another way i can see it inflight. This dokument should include thigs like important informations (like approach/takeoff speeds), the most important emergency procedures (ilke what needs to be done in icing, or what to do when the engine fails, or in case of fire).

But please Marcel don't do it now, take a few days off first ;)

Even though i have asked many time when the Katana will release, now i say that i can wait a few more days ^_^

Merry Christmas

Emi

• Upvote 2

Hello everyone,

I have worked night and day in the hope of a pre-christmas release but it didn't work out. I didn't want to force a release by cancelling features or ignoring bugreports. At least it ensures domestic peace when there is no Katana stall horn drowning out christmas music. :D

The testers kept me busy over the last weeks and did a great job on finding bugs. On last wednesday I had the chance to do some more sound recordings to enhance realism and the overall experience. Most of them have been implemented meanwhile.

Merry christmas to you and your families!

Have a nice time,

Marcel

No problem at all. Gives my wallet a chance to recover from the recent flurry of sales - and gives me something to look forward to in the new year. Enjoy the holidays - best to you and yours.

While I'm sure we all share and even appreciate the enthusiasm, could you not temper the ravings with a slightly more considered response?

While you are already pulling apart the minutiae of a product you do not own, your own topic contributions consistently contain numerous grammatical and typographical errors, which only serve to confirm the old adage:

"More haste, less speed..."

Now if this app;ies to your posts, please stop for one moment to think about what it might mean to a product you are about to buy... <_<

It's Christmas.

Just wait, enjoy the time with the family and accept there are simply many more important things than the immediacy of arrival of this product for your desk-bound flight simulation simulcrum... phone your mother, or just open your bedroom door if you live in the same house. Ask your neighbour whether they need anything from the shops, go and help at a homeless shelter...

Just calm down and, like Marcel, take a few days off. You seem to need it more than most. :rolleyes:

I thought it was a perfectly calm question, perhaps for once you could ease up on the provocative posts and follow your own advice.

Merry Christmas.

• Upvote 3

First, thanks to all for the nice wishes. :-)

One Question: Marcel, what about the dokumentation of the Katana? Do you include the real manuals of it, or how do you handle this?[...]

Also i'd like to mention that I'd find it great to get the most important information as one dokument inside the FS kneeboard or another way i can see it inflight.

There will be a manual based on the real one. But if you understood how to operate the virtual aircraft, you should be able to operate with a real manual.

Sorry, there are no plans to include kneeboard documents at the moment. The Katana will be full of special features and on some point I have to make a "cut". I prefer to invest the time in the C1 and the PC-6. ;-)

• Upvote 4

Hi! :)

First of all I want to say that the addon looks really great and I am looking forward to it. I am also a software developer so I know how it goes with testing, keep your head up.

Don't get rushed thats never a good idea in aviation neither real nor virtual.

I am a real world flight student on the DA20-80, a fine plane indeed. Maybe I missed it but is the addon also going to include a 80hp engine version? Is there any difference besides the powerplant?

Anyway I looked up a few links for the aspiring Katana Pilot:

DA20/100 AFM (Flightmanual) available from diamondair.com but somewhat hidden on the website in my opinion so here it is:

English

German

Some Checklists, VFR Pattern Procedures, Emergency Procedures from Dexe, which is the flightschool of Diamond Austria at LOAN (Wiener Neustadt East)

Normal Procedures (en)

Emergency Procedures (en)

Powersettings

VFR Briefing (de)

VFR Traffic Pattern (de)

Clear skies and happy landings! :)

Fabian

• Upvote 6

First of all I want to say that the addon looks really great and I am looking forward to it. I am also a software developer so I know how it goes with testing, keep your head up.

I am a real world flight student on the DA20-80, a fine plane indeed. Maybe I missed it but is the addon also going to include a 80hp engine version? Is there any difference besides the powerplant?

DA20/100 AFM (Flightmanual) available from diamondair.com but somewhat hidden on the website in my opinion so here it is:

English

German

Some Checklists, VFR Pattern Procedures, Emergency Procedures from Dexe, which is the flightschool of Diamond Austria at LOAN (Wiener Neustadt East)

Normal Procedures (en)

Powersettings

VFR Briefing (de)

VFR Traffic Pattern (de)

Fabian

Cool thanks you sharing this;)

• 2 weeks later...

English

German

Normal Procedures (en)

Powersettings

VFR Briefing (de)

VFR Traffic Pattern (de)

Fabian

Thanks for this Fabian!

Rhydian

MF_DA20_110120_0001_prev.jpg

MF_DA20_110120_0002_prev.jpg

Nothing dramatic new but some details of the cabin and the new propeller damage model. ;)

Fabian, thanks for the information. BTW, the german manual includes also the description of

the avionics suite build in the virtual Katana.

• Upvote 4