Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

What difference does it make as the texture folder size? It has no impact on FSX performance on anything other than a poorly-setup system?

Can't we just let Marcel get on with it, instead of answering bloody silly questions..? :D

• Upvote 1

how big the texture folder (for one exact repaint version, including the VC textures) ; what texture size are you using (2048x2048 or 1024x1024)

are you using mip-maps for the gauges tex, or the VC cockpit?

Most textures are 2048x2048. Perhabs there will be an extra folder for the common textures with smaller resolution and/or mipmaps. Depends on the feedback the next days/weeks. The Katana is textured in a high resolution for such a small plane but it runs smooth on my old system. ;)

The Rotax used in the Katana is one of the few - a very few - aviation engines for which the `immediate` start effect in FS is actually entirely appropriate. And of course, nosewhweel steering is utterly irrelevant to a Katana...

I think he was writing about the nose gear animation and/or the rolling behaviour and those are very buggy in FSX. Under normal circumstances the engine starts pretty well - you are right. But again the FSX doesn't behave very realistic here especially due starting with a high RPM peak. Even the Rotax can make trouble won't start immediately. As lqcorsa mentioned, the animation isn't realistic too.

You clearly intend to be a purchaser, so why not start doing the research now so that your judgment is based on sound knowledge?

Because you should be able to ask questions without doing research or reading every (offtopic) post in multipages threads before. In germany there is a saying that there aren't silly questions. There are only developers that need some time for answering... ;)

• Upvote 7

I utterly disagree. Doing one's own research is the ONLY way to ensure the accuracy of the information presented.

Not doing your own research is to take at face value lies, deceit and oft-repeated incompetence - and assume it to be true. Widening your personal body of knowledge is the only protection from duplicity and disappointment.

I give but a single example, but I need no other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_v._Penguin_Books_and_Lipstadt

• Upvote 2

If you assume asking a question is the same thing as "presenting" information, you might just be incompetent yourself.

Here is my example, from the English dictionary.

ques·tion (kwebreve.gifsprime.gifchschwa.gifn)n.

a. An expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply.

//

Marcel I hope you know I wasn't 'creating false information or problems that weren't really there' as Snave mentioned - nor was I speaking poorly about this product in any way, shape, or form. Only trying to get as much information about this beautiful product from you as I can!

• Upvote 2

Please keep conversation on the topic of this thread: We are talking about the Katana. That add-on is of great importance for me as developer but is a minor aspect in the leisure time for the other visitors here in the forum.

If one reads every posting of this thread, googles the aircraft and orders a pilot guide - great! But everyone who wants to know something about our product may ask here and shall receive a friendly and useful answer. Even if the topic has already been talked about before several times.

Please respect my posting to be the last message on this (off)topic. And please no further negative comments on the questions of other forum members. Thanks! ;)

• Upvote 6

Most textures are 2048x2048. Perhabs there will be an extra folder for the common textures with smaller resolution and/or mipmaps. Depends on the feedback the next days/weeks. The Katana is textured in a high resolution for such a small plane but it runs smooth on my old system. ;)

i you think about your 2.4core "my old system" , it's very good news;)

the manual (pdf) is still in progress?

We are talking about the Katana. That add-on is of great importance for me as developer but is a minor aspect in the leisure time for the other visitors here in the forum.

Marcel, this add-on is of great importance to me too, more than any other currently available or in development. I believe with the right add-ons such as FSUIPC's weather/dynamic effects, and ActiveSky's real world weather, FS can be a terrific tool for pre-flight instruction and student practice - and I've used it as such with success. The fact that this add-on will take things to a new level is going to be sooo useful!

Not only that, but it fills a major hole in this community I've never been able to understand. Not even the most produced aircraft of all time - the Cessna 172, has a good looking realistic native FSX add-on to enjoy just for the fun of it. There are tons upon tons of high quality airliners available. For the first time though in FS history, Marcel is bringing us a light GA trainer with these never before seen effects, high quality cockpits and exteriors, and even maintenance/exterior preflight checks? Are you serious? That is why I'm so passionate about this add-on!

• Upvote 2

Marcel, this add-on is of great importance to me too, more than any other currently available or in development. I believe with the right add-ons such as FSUIPC's weather/dynamic effects, and ActiveSky's real world weather, FS can be a terrific tool for pre-flight instruction and student practice - and I've used it as such with success. The fact that this add-on will take things to a new level is going to be sooo useful!

Not only that, but it fills a major hole in this community I've never been able to understand. Not even the most produced aircraft of all time - the Cessna 172, has a good looking realistic native FSX add-on to enjoy just for the fun of it. There are tons upon tons of high quality airliners available. For the first time though in FS history, Marcel is bringing us a light GA trainer with these never before seen effects, high quality cockpits and exteriors, and even maintenance/exterior preflight checks? Are you serious? That is why I'm so passionate about this add-on!

for the "hole truth"

besides this beauty.. try A2A products as well;)

Hi Marcel, will be the release date later this year or until next year?

The Katana looks really very very good from this is a beautiful work.

Regards, Moritz

Been asked a few times, and he says he cannot promise anything, because it all depends on how smoothly the beta testing goes. :)

• Upvote 3

The fact that this add-on will take things to a new level is going to be sooo useful!

I hope that the Katana will be able to come up your expetations. Perhabs a new level for my skills but there are other complex and great add-ons out there.

The reason why not more developers make airplanes of this kind: it is an immense workload. Simple airplanes are financially more reasonable.

Hi Marcel, will be the release date later this year or until next year?

The Katana looks really very very good from this is a beautiful work.

Regards, Moritz

Hello Moritz,

As lqcorsa mentioned, it depends on beta testing. Keep your fingers crossed that we can finish it soon.

Greetings,

Marcel

• Upvote 1

Hello Moritz,

As lqcorsa mentioned, it depends on beta testing. Keep your fingers crossed that we can finish it soon.

Greetings,

Marcel

Marcel -

As you can tell, it's hard for even us seasoned hands to wait for this one.

Nevertheless, patience is a good practice. We're trying.

Take your time and get it right.

Marcel,

We have 2 Da-20-C1's at our flight school and this software would be great for teaching when we can not fly.Do you have any idea when the C1 will come out after you release the Da-20 with the Rotax engine?

JeffG

This product looks outstanding, owned the FS2004/FSX version and the Katana really is the type of aircraft I like to fly in FSX.

Please consider including an introductory mission with the release (or to follow on) I really enjoy it when products come with a mission or two or a later mission pack.

Guys, learn from mine and other people's posts asking about release times! :D I am such a hypocrite for saying that.

I guess it is probably impossible to say how beta testing will go. Real aircraft are delayed too...and it makes customers very angry when specific deadlines are not met. It would be very kind to know what he is working on though. The aircraft has looked VISUALLY complete for some time now.

Speaking of that....Marcel send me the plane and I will test it for you! No cost to you! ^_^

We have 2 Da-20-C1's at our flight school and this software would be great for teaching when we can not fly.Do you have any idea when the C1 will come out after you release the Da-20 with the Rotax engine?

Jeff, you have got a PM... ;)

Please consider including an introductory mission with the release (or to follow on) I really enjoy it when products come with a mission or two or a later mission pack.

To be honest, I didn't even think about that possibility until today because missions are completely out of my skills. I have to think about that. But I think there won't be missions at first release...

Fair play, Marcel ... maybe its possible to import the FS9/FSX Katana mission for this product?

I have to talk about that point with someone who has knowledge. An introduction on the realistic mode via mission could be quite complex... ;)