Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

Hi,

I am a native german speaker and i don't have problems with the genders with (as almost everywhere and not only in the german language) a few excuses of cause. Don't worry if you speak german long enough then you can also master the genders of the words ^_^, exactly as in english;)

By the way, which icing effects do you mean? have i missed a picure? The last one i know is the one down at page 12. But where are there icing effects please :unsure:?

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll have to keep working at it. :)

Those icing pictures are on page 12 right above the cockpit picture.

Those icing pictures are on page 12 right above the cockpit picture.

Oh, thanks i didn't see that while looking over the forum for new pictures to fast. It looked a little like somebodys signature when going over it so fast:blush:, so thanks for telling me.

And not i second you argument about the Icing!!! It looks really great!

May we get an image from the outside of the Aircraft in Icing condition please?

By the way, is it possible to get the ice away from the aircraft once it is there? And what do i have to do the the Katana get's iced at the ground? i don't think it has a de-icing system like bigger jets right?

And what do i have to do the the Katana get's iced at the ground? i don't think it has a de-icing system like bigger jets right?

You can only try to leave the area of icing conditions as soon as possible while moving your controls to prevent them from icing. As I wrote before: You shall never fly in such a weather, so it would not be very clever to go flying if the aircraft has already being iced on ground. :D

Before the German keyboards were introducted, it was perfectly ok to substitute "ä, ö, ü, ß" with "ae, oe, ue, ss". In fact, on my credit card, my name is still written with "oe".

The "ß" (sharp German s) is most probably the stupiest letter that was ever invented, since it has no uppercase counterpart. So uppercase "ß" is written "SS".

Will there be carburet freezing?

I have never seen something like this on an Fs-Plane...

Why would you expect to see it in the Diamond DA20-100?

The Rotax 912S is extremely resistant to carb icing as the dual carb system are located close to heat sources under the engine cover and as there are two of them for a relatively small capacity motor the velocity flow through each is far less than on single-carb aircraft, reducing the speed of flow and with it the venturi cooling effect. :blush:

The only time you are likely to encounter carb ice in a Rotax Katana (80 or 100hp) is when pulling back on the power for descent and landing in conditions conducive to icing. As application of carb heat is a POH stipulation prior to retarding throttle, the only time you'd be likely to see carb ice in this airplane is if you fly it like a numpty, or persist in trying to stay aloft in icing conditions...?

• Upvote 1

Why would you expect to see it in the Diamond DA20-100?

Because it occurs. ;) After the first 10 minutes I have been flying in a Katana we had carb icing. It was at the end of april and in cruise flight.

In fact, this is one of the features still in development so I can't promise if it will be good enough to stay in the product.

• Upvote 2

I have 100+ hours in DA20's and have never had a carb ice incident, not even in the British climate! In the same period but many hundreds of hours in other aircraft I have. A lot!

Must be the German air... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

I can't tell you how happy I was for this to land on my desktop today...well actually I can, very happy!

She does start, but I'm saving that treat for tomorrow evening when I have a little more time.

DA20_katana_01.jpg

DA20_katana_03.jpg

DA20_katana_04.jpg

DA20_katana_05.jpg

DA20_katana_06.jpg

DA20_katana_07.jpg

DA20_katana_08.jpg

DA20_katana_09.jpg

DA20_katana_10.jpg

• Upvote 4

• Deputy Sheriffs

She refuses entering the aircraft until all systems have been tested. :rolleyes:

Looks really great.

But there is one aircraft I'm really witing for the: the Porter. As there is no thread about this product here, is it far behind the Katana? And I hope you also modell the new MT propeller and you will NOT modell that glass cockpit! ;)

Looks really great.

But there is one aircraft I'm really witing for the: the Porter. As there is no thread about this product here, is it far behind the Katana? And I hope you also modell the new MT propeller and you will NOT modell that glass cockpit! ;)

Informations on the status of the Porter will be given after the release of the Katana. ;) The D-FELI was one of the first 2 or 3 Porters with MT propeller and as far as I know the first one in germany. And it doesn't have a glass cockpit... so thumbs up on both points!

• Upvote 1

that looks so good, will it be on sale on aerosoft website?

where else should it get released?

C'mon this is the Aerosoft forum, of cause it will be for sale on the Aerosoft shop-_-.

• Upvote 3