Diamond DA20-100 'Katana' 4X Preview

there is an expression, and it was used in Eminem's song 'My dad's gone crazy'and it is:

if you ain't got nothing nice to say, then don't say nothing

I think it is general consensus that the model (and I am sure that the flight dynamics will follow suit) is incredible.

I too have hours on this aircraft (~60hrs) and it looks good to me. The radios are spot one to the one I have used (the one where you push one of the buttons and it tells you the current radial you are on!!)

I am very much looking forward to this...

Marcel, any further news on the release date? Are we getting close now, or do some things still need done?

Thanks

Paul

- will there be an option to hide pilot and co-pilot(like in the do27)?

There will be the option to let the pilot quit the airplane becoming invisible. I am still thinking about making the copilot only then invisble if the weight on the right seat is too low for a human.

- i believe the wind-sounds inside the cockpit of a katana can be pretty intense, so will u be able to simulate that?

I made recordings during a flight in the Katana, so we get that right.

- could u upload the manual as soon as u have it finished?

The manual will be released together with the aircraft, I don't think it will be completed much earlier. B)

is it possible to adjust the stall horn in fsx, so it actually comes up during a correct flare? i've tried several things but the warning just seems to be to insensitve.

The stall horn in the Katana is pretty anoying and will not only come up on flare but also in flight from time to time. Also you can suck on the opening to test it on ground.

• Upvote 1

I offered him any help, including beta testing and pictures of the real plane - twice.

I don't understand this posting. I answered via the messaging system here in the forum and we did also write some mails. Further conversation on this topic via email, please. ;)

• Upvote 1

there is an expression, and it was used in Eminem's song 'My dad's gone crazy'and it is:

Marcel, any further news on the release date? Are we getting close now, or do some things still need done?

Yes, there are still things to be done but we are getting closer each day. Sorry, that the development time lengthend but I hope the addtional modes and features are worth the working and waiting time for both sides!

• Upvote 1

Garmin can keep their G1000.....give me analogue any day!

I know I'm going a bit of topic here,

but I've flown (as a passenger) with 2 Piper Warriors lately, one with analogue gauges, one with G1000.

Now, I prefer analogue in sim,

but after seeing that G1000 in real life, I was very impressed (visibility, clarity, functionality, ease of use... you name it) and would prefer one of those any time, in real life that is.

Back on topic now,

Marcel, that's some great work visible in those screenshots!

I'm really looking forward to this one!

One question though: will it feature realistic stall and spin dynamics?

I know flight dynamics will be awesome, but just want to be sure.

Sorry if this has been asked or answered before.

• Developer

The flight dynamics will be very accurate, including stall behavior. We do not intend to tweak the limitations of FSX in terms of spins for the reason that the plane is not meant to be flown into a spin.

• Upvote 3

Hi Alexander,

I understad the plane is not meant to be spun, but surely you will make it spinnable? Please? unsure.gif

Clearly you don't understand the nature of the previous reply. To incorporate such unnecessary characteristics would impede realism within the normal flight envelope.

FSX simply does not permit `all attitude` simulation without compromise. I for one have absolutely no interest in spin characteristics if it impedes by a single iota the realism in any other phase of flight whatsoever. And neither should you.

This is not the aircraft for spin training. Get a Zlin.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man... are you crazy? ^_^

Seriously, there's nothing better for us virtual pilots than dedicated, passionate and skilled developer.

I hope Katana flight dynamics will match it looks.

I keep my fingers crossed!

• Upvote 1

Looks fantastic! Can't wait for it's release.

After years of simming I'm looking into a virtual PPL training on my computer, just learn to fly properly. :)

I know how to use FMC's and stuff but a proper VOR to VOR trip......

THe Katana looks like the perfect aircraft for this. Looking forward to her release!